Rental Crisis in Canada.

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

Oh? Why?

Because...its...against....the...charter... of....rights.

You can't make a contract or deal that violates the law.  Murder wouldn't become legal just because you signed a contract or agreed to commit one as condition of entry :) any agreement still has to follow the law or it will be unenforceable.

You might be able to use the notwithstanding clause (maybe - i'd have to look at that) but i doubt it and if you could you would be crucified  - every canadian would be worried you'd use it to control where they live next.

And frankly i don't think it would stand up even then. Freedom of mobility is guaranteed in other places than just the charter.

I just don't see it being legally possible. You would have to give them an incentive. that you could do as long as it's over and above any social services they would normally get.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Because...its...against....the...charter... of....rights.

You can't make a contract or deal that violates the law.  Murder wouldn't become legal just because you signed a contract or agreed to commit one as condition of entry :) any agreement still has to follow the law or it will be unenforceable.

You might be able to use the notwithstanding clause (maybe - i'd have to look at that) but i doubt it and if you could you would be crucified  - every canadian would be worried you'd use it to control where they live next.

And frankly i don't think it would stand up even then. Freedom of mobility is guaranteed in other places than just the charter.

I just don't see it being legally possible. You would have to give them an incentive. that you could do as long as it's over and above any social services they would normally get.

This seems legal...

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/gunter-trudeau-makes-roxham-border-crossing-ontarios-problem

Use this method. Collect all the refugees in Toronto shelters and hotels, file them onto busses and take them to Flin Flon. 

12 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

So if the charities really help why we have millions of poor people in this country?

This is a multi-layered issue. Its certainly not because the rich aren't giving their "fair share".

Me and my wife are middle class citizens, now we're supposed to feel guilty for our luxuries that we can afford ourselves? What, we owe people now, because we didn't have time feeling sorry for ourselves in our struggle (and no government in sight to help us), that we put all of that energy into getting ourselves out of it? The very beauty of a capitalist society.

Creating jobs, and helping charities is now not enough of a standard. If we make more than 100k, we should owe half our salaries? Again, you truly don't understand human nature, if you think anyone within their right minds would accept such a predicament, when two provinces or states over, my 100k gets me 80% of my salary.

This is politicians being lazy about solutions, and preferring to virtue signal to their constituents vs actually working at finding actual permanent fixes to issues. News flash. Throwing money at a problem, isn't fixing it. Reparations don't fix issues. They just make people far more dependent to their government.

What sounds better than sticking it to the rich, and giving back to the poor?

You know, vs looking at the data which would better point to the issue. I.E Quality of education, cost of living, minimum wage, job availability, etc.

Also, it doesn't factor in someone lazy, who doesn't want to work. Not all people who are poor, are poor due to circumstances beyond their control. Some are poor, due to life choices. Some remain poor for the same reasons.

This being somehow the fault of those who are well off, is just an obtuse lack of logic from those governing, which exacerbates issues due to poor policies put forth to mitigate things.

I.E Society was shut down for two years off and on due to Covid. Many lost their jobs, their lives, and their minds. Many refused to work (or couldn't), driving up the cost of goods along with conflicts that drove up costs of fuel (so some had the genius idea of further taxing it) and somehow its the job of the rich to fix this?

Me and the wife are considering moving to a tropical country, and investing heavily in property. Policies like the ones you support, would fast track many others in doing the same, who can afford it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

This seems legal...

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/gunter-trudeau-makes-roxham-border-crossing-ontarios-problem

Use this method. Collect all the refugees in Toronto shelters and hotels, file them onto busses and take them to Flin Flon. 

I mentioned already that you could 'release' them in flin flon and hope for the best.  But the fact is that is only for refugees. You couldn't do that for immigrants who make their own arrangements to enter the country after approved or are already in country when they're approved.

So yes - you could try it with the 40 thousand or so refugees we get and HOPE that they stay put instead of boarding the first bus to a bigger city (which most will), but that would do nothing about the 460,000 others who immigrate the normal way under trudeau's plan.

And we're not even touching on the moral freak out politically that they'd get, it would make martha's vinyard look tame.

Not to mention - how many new people do you think flin flon can absorb? How quickly would they run out of housing and jobs?  A lot of smaller communities are struggling to keep their ER's and hospitals open as is, what happens when that overloaded sysetm gets a few hundred thousand immigrants or refugees? Putting refugees there won't magically create jobs or houses for them - pretty soon flin flon's rents will be the same as toronto's.

But the real problem is you just can't.  I get that you want that to be a solution, but it would not be one under our current laws. At best you could encourage people. Sorry,