Jump to content

Oil Billionaire Sues to Stop Criticism


Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, Deluge said:

You need to link some sources, professor. 

Show where Biden is "attacking" fossil fuels into record profits, then toddle on over to a source that proves the deficit is shrinking under Biden. 

Do I really need to link these things? Usually people debate about why something happened, rather than common knowledge facts that are available to everyone. 

Record profits for big oil, reported everywhere, but this site will do fine

 

Treasury:  Deficits declined under Obama, rose every year under Trump and are declining under Biden. 

image.thumb.png.e7e802d79e691c4078201a704c266999.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Deluge said:

And maybe minority groups aren't as oppressed as diapered activists think they are. See, it's one thing to seek a fair balance (that's my side); it's another to want not only balance, but the whole fcking pie (that's your side). 

Times are tough when pop culture looks more like LGBTQ+ carnivals than actual pop culture. You throw inflation, climate scare, race baiting, and faux pandemics into the mix and you've got hell on earth. lol

Minority groups continue to be disadvantaged in every metric you can find. Seriously, all else being equal, being born white in America today is an obvious and irrefutable advantage. Pick a metric, any metric. I'm sorry that you fear the erosion of privilege, but fair is fair.

Pop culture is what is popular--what sells. There is no "real" pop culture. Again, this smacks of the erosion of your personal cultural dominance rather than anything real. Like the old folks who complained that rock 'n' roll was not music, just noise. Apparently enough people have tastes different from you to move the market away from your preferences. Get over it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Hodad said:

Do I really need to link these things? Usually people debate about why something happened, rather than common knowledge facts that are available to everyone. 

Record profits for big oil, reported everywhere, but this site will do fine

 

Treasury:  Deficits declined under Obama, rose every year under Trump and are declining under Biden. 

image.thumb.png.e7e802d79e691c4078201a704c266999.png

Thank you. 

Now let's talk about our nation's debt: 

https://nypost.com/2022/12/13/biden-falsely-says-he-cut-national-debt-by-1-7t-after-increasing-it-3-7t/

What's the hair sniffer doing to reduce our debt, which is where the REAL problem lies? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Hodad said:

Minority groups continue to be disadvantaged in every metric you can find. Seriously, all else being equal, being born white in America today is an obvious and irrefutable advantage. Pick a metric, any metric. I'm sorry that you fear the erosion of privilege, but fair is fair.

Pop culture is what is popular--what sells. There is no "real" pop culture. Again, this smacks of the erosion of your personal cultural dominance rather than anything real. Like the old folks who complained that rock 'n' roll was not music, just noise. Apparently enough people have tastes different from you to move the market away from your preferences. Get over it.

Minority groups are fine. They have every right I, or any other white person has. What isn't fine is this trend of overcompensation in the name of "diversity". It needs to end. 

Pop culture has slipped way, WAY too far. Anyone who isn't a diapered psychopath can agree that the shift comparison between my generation and my kid's generation blows previous generations out of the water. 

See, the difference between someone like you and someone like me, is that I like peace and prosperity; you like chaos and hardship. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Deluge said:

Thank you. 

Now let's talk about our nation's debt: 

https://nypost.com/2022/12/13/biden-falsely-says-he-cut-national-debt-by-1-7t-after-increasing-it-3-7t/

What's the hair sniffer doing to reduce our debt, which is where the REAL problem lies? 

Debt is accumulated deficit + interest. I don't think he's done anything to reduce the debt - nor can he, really - but not adding that larger chunk of deficit to it is a nice start. 

That debt is never, ever going to be repaid in the way an individual might pay down credit card debt. The only way to deal with it is to outgrow it. Remember, just like in personal finance, debt isn't necessarily a bad thing. Taking on debt to keep a recession from becoming a depression is a good value. There are scenarios in which taking on debt is rational, healthy and beneficial. You just need to make sure that debt is a reasonable relative to your overall financial health.

Right now, if I recall, our debt is about 1x GDP. To make progress there we'd need to grow our economy faster than our debt. So even if the nominal debt rises, if the economy is growing at a faster rate we are making progress. And indeed, I think that's the only way forward. If we could ever get back to a balanced budget without crippling the economy we might push the debt to .9 GDP, .8GDP and so on until it's irrelevant, regardless of the number. 

^^I would add that that's why economists were pissed at Bush and Trump, both of whom ran up huge elective deficits. That is to say, deficits that were politically motivated to stimulate already healthy economies rather than emergency borrowing to keep the economy afloat. Both left us in poor position to deal with the actual crises at the end of their terms and the ROI was awful.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Deluge said:

Minority groups are fine. They have every right I, or any other white person has. What isn't fine is this trend of overcompensation in the name of "diversity". It needs to end. 

Pop culture has slipped way, WAY too far. Anyone who isn't a diapered psychopath can agree that the shift comparison between my generation and my kid's generation blows previous generations out of the water. 

See, the difference between someone like you and someone like me, is that I like peace and prosperity; you like chaos and hardship. 

Yeah, who doesn't love chaos and hardship.?

This is a super smart conversation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Hodad said:

I shop carefully for big purchases, but I'm not very price sensitive to day-to-day stuff. If I want it I buy it. So, no, I haven't noticed in my own daily life. 

Look, pricing is primarily driven by supply and demand. Most of the inflation we're experiencing is related to supply shocks as fallout from the pandemic. Supply chains were disrupted by the pandemic, that caused shortages. A lot of people stopped buying and doing as much during that period, for myriad reasons. Producers scaled back production. And then when people reemerged demand ramped back up faster than production, so prices followed. 

If you can show me how Biden injected enough loose money into the economy that it translated to greater than pre-pandemic demand, great, we can blame Biden for inflation. But that's just not an economic reality. 

And in all honesty, the notion that Biden had any meaningful impact on fossil fuels is just silly. Fossil fuels have been going through the same pandemic-driven supply shocks as everything else. There is no shortage of US oil production. We're producing at near record levels. Production ramped up rapidly during the Biden administration. And yes, the oil companies made record profits on their near-record production. The pipeline that didn't happen didn't change anything. It didn't happen. Biden isn't manipulating the oil market with a stern look and a wagging finger. He's not a wizard. It's just a really silly line of criticism.

If you want to criticize Biden, go for it, but if your criticism isn't grounded in reality people like me will dispute it.

OK...so you really are a plank. Got it.

https://nypost.com/2022/06/13/gas-prices-too-high-its-all-part-of-bidens-plan-to-eliminate-fossil-fuels/

il_1588xN.3312159847_gz9i.jpg

And what happens when you let a mindless old fart live in the Whitehouse? He takes a dump on fuel, makes logistics way more expensive, keeps restrictions in place so cargo ships stack up in the sea and truckers forced to vaxx-up, spends a dumb amount of money that doesn't even exist, and people like you quote really obvious crap and go...

"See? See? Oil companies made lots of money." Pfft...the level of understanding is monumentally low.

An economic downturn was inevitable. But this...this is taking a weak economy and driving it right into the ground!

"But...they made money..."

Really incredible.

 

Edited by Nationalist
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Nationalist said:

OK...so you really are a plank. Got it.

https://nypost.com/2022/06/13/gas-prices-too-high-its-all-part-of-bidens-plan-to-eliminate-fossil-fuels/

il_1588xN.3312159847_gz9i.jpg

And what happens when you let a mindless old fart live in the Whitehouse? He takes a dump on fuel, makes logistics way more expensive, keeps restrictions in place so cargo ships stack up in the sea and truckers forced to vaxx-up, spends a dumb amount of money that doesn't even exist, and people like you quote really obvious crap and go...

"See? See? Oil companies made lots of money." Pfft...the level of understanding is monumentally low.

An economic downturn was inevitable. But this...this is taking a weak economy and driving it right into the ground!

"But...they made money..."

Really incredible.

 

Oh good, more broad accusations without a shred of evidence or logic. But you did include an op-ed from a sketchy tabloid, so points for trying, I guess.

Let's just take one thing and think it through. You say the cancellation of the Keystone XL pipeline affected gas prices, right? How? It didn't exist. About 8% of the pipe had been laid. It had never delivered a drop off oil anywhere and was years from having any effect of the marketplace--if ever it would have.  Canceling it had zero impact on supply or demand, so how can you argue that it affected prices?

The same thing is true of the cutback on new leases, etc.

If you want to speculate that the decisions Biden is making today will affect had prices in a decade, great, go for it. But it's absurd to argue that he affected prices immediately. Domestic oil production has scaled up dramatically since Biden took office. That's a fact. Facts are good.  You should try them sometime.

Also, if this isn't vindication I'm not sure what is...

A spill of more than 500,000-gallons of crude oil from the Keystone Pipeline in December in Kansas was caused by a combination of a faulty weld and "bending stress fatigue" on the pipe, the conduit's operator announced Thursday.

Edited by Hodad
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Hodad said:

Oh good, more broad accusations without a shred of evidence or logic. But you did include an op-ed from a sketchy tabloid, so points for trying, I guess.

Let's just take one thing and think it through. You say the cancellation of the Keystone XL pipeline affected gas prices, right? How? It didn't exist. About 8% of the pipe had been laid. It had never delivered a drop off oil anywhere and was years from having any effect of the marketplace--if ever it would have.  Canceling it had zero impact on supply or demand, so how can you argue that it affected prices?

The same thing is true of the cutback on new leases, etc.

If you want to speculate that the decisions Biden is making today will affect had prices in a decade, great, go for it. But it's absurd to argue that he affected prices immediately. Domestic oil production has scaled up dramatically since Biden took office. That's a fact. Facts are good.  You should try them sometime.

Also, if this isn't vindication I'm not sure what is...

A spill of more than 500,000-gallons of crude oil from the Keystone Pipeline in December in Kansas was caused by a combination of a faulty weld and "bending stress fatigue" on the pipe, the conduit's operator announced Thursday.

Oh stop with the faux outage. 

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/sep/28/nord-stream-methane-gas-leaks-may-be-biggest-ever-with-warning-large-climate-risk

We now know Biden and his administration blew up those gas lines and no msm is focusing on it. All you greenies are full o' shit when you argue. The bottom line is, greenies are POLITICAL and could care less about the environment or the economy. So take your alarmist BS and shove it right where the sun don't shine.

https://www.frbsf.org/economic-research/publications/economic-letter/2022/march/why-is-us-inflation-higher-than-in-other-countries/?amp=1

Biden's overspending caused undue pressures on the economy and increased American inflation.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/biden-energy-policies-inflation-oil-gas

And the twit's policies on fossil fuels have further driven up inflation.

But you've held the line and make silly-ass statements like, 'Well the oil companies made money.'

The bottom line is, this inflation and the potential for it all to get much worse, is the direct result of way over spending and crapping all over the fossil fuel industry. He's depleted the US oil reserves, begged Saudis and others to increase production, and destroyed US energy independence. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Oh stop with the faux outage. 

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/sep/28/nord-stream-methane-gas-leaks-may-be-biggest-ever-with-warning-large-climate-risk

We now know Biden and his administration blew up those gas lines and no msm is focusing on it. All you greenies are full o' shit when you argue. The bottom line is, greenies are POLITICAL and could care less about the environment or the economy. So take your alarmist BS and shove it right where the sun don't shine.

https://www.frbsf.org/economic-research/publications/economic-letter/2022/march/why-is-us-inflation-higher-than-in-other-countries/?amp=1

Biden's overspending caused undue pressures on the economy and increased American inflation.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/biden-energy-policies-inflation-oil-gas

And the twit's policies on fossil fuels have further driven up inflation.

But you've held the line and make silly-ass statements like, 'Well the oil companies made money.'

The bottom line is, this inflation and the potential for it all to get much worse, is the direct result of way over spending and crapping all over the fossil fuel industry. He's depleted the US oil reserves, begged Saudis and others to increase production, and destroyed US energy independence. 

I assumed that you used "blew up" as a metaphor for cancellation, but are you trying to say it literally, like they physically sabotaged infrastructure? Are we in conspiracy fever swamp territory?

And just spouting off trite phrases like "crapping all over the fossil fuel industry" is ignorant and childish--unless you mean that literally as well. 

Are you not capable of talking numbers and citing evidence? Is that beyond you? Because if you look at the data you simply cannot support your claims. You say he "destroyed" energy independence while domestic oil production increased dramatically from where it was when he took office, returning to near record levels. 

Get outside your bubble and deal in reality for a minute. You might even like it. 

 

Edited by Hodad
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hodad said:

I assumed that you used "blew up" as a metaphor for cancellation, but are you trying to say it literally, like they physically sabotaged infrastructure? Are we in conspiracy fever swamp territory?

And just spouting off trite phrases like "crapping all over the fossil fuel industry" is ignorant and childish--unless you mean that literally as well. 

Are you not capable of talking numbers and citing evidence? Is that beyond you? Because if you look at the data you simply cannot support your claims. You say he "destroyed" energy independence while domestic oil production increased dramatically from where it was when he took office, returning to near record levels. 

Get outside your bubble and deal in reality for a minute. You might even like it. 

 

Listen...if you must try to shift blame with dumb-ass nonsense, take up with one of the abundant Libbies here.

I live by truth and facts. I trust my senses and do not let the media redirect or outright lie.

You apparently do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Listen...if you must try to shift blame with dumb-ass nonsense, take up with one of the abundant Libbies here.

I live by truth and facts. I trust my senses and do not let the media redirect or outright lie.

You apparently do.

I'll take that as a "yes" that you can't manage facts, figures and evidence, because your "senses" are not facts. Nor are they evidence. And I think you very much let the media lead you astray. That's honestly the only way you could come up with some of this nonsense, as the actual data thoroughly contradicts it. Good luck with your senses though! Happy to revisit if you figure out how to talk data instead of your feelings. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hodad said:

I'll take that as a "yes" that you can't manage facts, figures and evidence, because your "senses" are not facts. Nor are they evidence. And I think you very much let the media lead you astray. That's honestly the only way you could come up with some of this nonsense, as the actual data thoroughly contradicts it. Good luck with your senses though! Happy to revisit if you figure out how to talk data instead of your feelings. 

I gave you facts. But like a typical little Libbie, you simply ignore anything that you don't like. Sitting at your laptop with your hands over the screen going, 'Lalalala...'.

A bunch of blind, destructive fools who Hate all humanity enough to enjoy inflicting pain on them.

It's down right evil. Congratulations for achieving such a notably low state of being.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/10/2023 at 1:43 PM, Hodad said:

Yeah, who doesn't love chaos and hardship.?

This is a super smart conversation. 

I don't, I can't stand chaos and hardship; but for some reason - that goes  beyond human understanding - your side is into it.

The truth doesn't need to be "smart" it just needs to be recognized. 

Edited by Deluge
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

I gave you facts. But like a typical little Libbie, you simply ignore anything that you don't like. Sitting at your laptop with your hands over the screen going, 'Lalalala...'.

A bunch of blind, destructive fools who Hate all humanity enough to enjoy inflicting pain on them.

It's down right evil. Congratulations for achieving such a notably low state of being.

Lol. No, you didn't. You gave me your feelings and hunches. You have no farking clue what the state is if domestic oil production. Someone in the media told you that mean old Mr. Biden wrecked it, and that was good enough for your to swallow hook, line and sinker. You can't cite a damn thing, because you're just talking out of your ass, like all of the other Faux News bobbleheads.

Again, it's a fact that domestic oil production is up dramatically since Biden took office. It's a fact that it's at near-record levels. You want to blame him for prices, better figure out a magic reason, because domestic supply ain't it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hodad said:

Lol. No, you didn't. You gave me your feelings and hunches. You have no farking clue what the state is if domestic oil production. Someone in the media told you that mean old Mr. Biden wrecked it, and that was good enough for your to swallow hook, line and sinker. You can't cite a damn thing, because you're just talking out of your ass, like all of the other Faux News bobbleheads.

Again, it's a fact that domestic oil production is up dramatically since Biden took office. It's a fact that it's at near-record levels. You want to blame him for prices, better figure out a magic reason, because domestic supply ain't it.

It's a fact that Biden trashed American energy independence.  It's a fact that he had to go beg Saudis for more oil as a result of his stupidity. It's a fact that every move that POS has made, has trampled on the population of America and beyond. It's a fact that the brain-dead twit has been draining American oil reserves to try to compensate for his own policies. 

You try desperately to equate high profits with energy security and try to sell this detached reality as proof Biden isn't responsible for this mess. So much so that you even ignore the mountain of evidence to the contrary.

That makes you a common shill. A political stooge. A useful ijit.

So again...congratulations for wallowing at the bottom of the barrel. They say there's no accounting for taste. 

I hope the sludge you dwell in...tastes good to you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

It's a fact that Biden trashed American energy independence.  It's a fact that he had to go beg Saudis for more oil as a result of his stupidity. It's a fact that every move that POS has made, has trampled on the population of America and beyond. It's a fact that the brain-dead twit has been draining American oil reserves to try to compensate for his own policies. 

You try desperately to equate high profits with energy security and try to sell this detached reality as proof Biden isn't responsible for this mess. So much so that you even ignore the mountain of evidence to the contrary.

That makes you a common shill. A political stooge. A useful ijit.

So again...congratulations for wallowing at the bottom of the barrel. They say there's no accounting for taste. 

I hope the sludge you dwell in...tastes good to you. 

Gee, another completely fact-free, evidence-free post. 

You can work a keyboard to type all this nonsense, but you can't manage to cite any evidence of your claims? Let's try an easy one: Is domestic energy production up or down under Biden? Up or down?  

See, this is the problem with just parroting the bullshit you hear in your echo chamber. Eventually sometime calls you on it and you just end up looking like a blathering fool. 

If facts and evidence are too difficult to manage we can get you a seat at the kids table. Might be more your speed.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Hodad said:

Gee, another completely fact-free, evidence-free post. 

You can work a keyboard to type all this nonsense, but you can't manage to cite any evidence of your claims? Let's try an easy one: Is domestic energy production up or down under Biden? Up or down?  

See, this is the problem with just parroting the bullshit you hear in your echo chamber. Eventually sometime calls you on it and you just end up looking like a blathering fool. 

If facts and evidence are too difficult to manage we can get you a seat at the kids table. Might be more your speed.

The price of all fossil fuel is way up as of Biden's presidency. You can't defend that so you have a canned Libbie response that actually is also a result of Biden and all Libbie leaders flat out telling the industry that their shelf life has expired. 

That you can't admit that is simply childish.

But don't worry. You can always claim your badge for defending this Libbie travesty. You can laugh and claim some sort of faux victory, but the cold fact is...

You are misguided, childish and frankly mean-spirited for approving of this destructive chickenshit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

The price of all fossil fuel is way up as of Biden's presidency. You can't defend that so you have a canned Libbie response that actually is also a result of Biden and all Libbie leaders flat out telling the industry that their shelf life has expired. 

That you can't admit that is simply childish.

But don't worry. You can always claim your badge for defending this Libbie travesty. You can laugh and claim some sort of faux victory, but the cold fact is...

You are misguided, childish and frankly mean-spirited for approving of this destructive chickenshit. 

The price of fuel is up. So is domestic production--way up. How can both things be true?!? I'm just spitballing--stay with me here-- I wonder if oil is a global commodity with a global market and Biden can't control it with a stern look?

Seriously, the reality of the situation has nothing to do with conservative or liberal. It's just basic economics--hell, even basic facts.

You say Biden has destroyed US energy independence and driven up prices, but the dramatic increase in domestic production and near-record output are facts that utterly destroy your premise. Yet, instead of ingesting the information you continue, like a child, to simply repeat the narrative your crap news has fed you. It's ridiculous.

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Hodad said:

The price of fuel is up. So is domestic production--way up. How can both things be true?!? I'm just spitballing--stay with me here-- I wonder if oil is a global commodity with a global market and Biden can't control it with a stern look?

Seriously, the reality of the situation has nothing to do with conservative or liberal. It's just basic economics--hell, even basic facts.

You say Biden has destroyed US energy independence and driven up prices, but the dramatic increase in domestic production and near-record output are facts that utterly destroy your premise. Yet, instead of ingesting the information you continue, like a child, to simply repeat the narrative your crap news has fed you. It's ridiculous.

 

 

 

 

 

Unbelievably thick...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Unbelievably thick...

Indeed, you are. But at any point you're welcome to *try* to prove otherwise with evidence to support your nonsensical proclamations. 

Biden has battered the oil industry so hard that production is up 20ish percent. Oh, noes! That dramatic increase in production has destroyed our energy independence! ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Hodad said:

Indeed, you are. But at any point you're welcome to *try* to prove otherwise with evidence to support your nonsensical proclamations. 

Biden has battered the oil industry so hard that production is up 20ish percent. Oh, noes! That dramatic increase in production has destroyed our energy independence! ?

What can one say?

Oh I know.

I hope your mentality and lack of comprehension isn't hereditary.

Edited by Nationalist
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

What can one say?

Oh I know.

I hope your mentality and lack of comprehension isn't hereditary.

Well, one *could* express oneself with facts, logic and evidence to support an argument.

Or, one could keep posting nonsense and petty insults to remind the readers of this forum that one is an empty-headed parrot. 

Seems you've made your choice though. Offer stands to pick up actual discussion of the subject if you can grow a backbone and mount an argument.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Hodad said:

Well, one *could* express oneself with facts, logic and evidence to support an argument.

Or, one could keep posting nonsense and petty insults to remind the readers of this forum that one is an empty-headed parrot. 

Seems you've made your choice though. Offer stands to pick up actual discussion of the subject if you can grow a backbone and mount an argument.

I have posted facts...which you ignore.

Again...is this affliction of yours...hereditary?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,752
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    Dorai
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • paradox34 went up a rank
      Explorer
    • Venandi earned a badge
      Very Popular
    • CrazyCanuck89 earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • CDN1 went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • DUI_Offender went up a rank
      Proficient
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...