HERE'S why gun control fails

2 minutes ago, reason10 said:

Your statement:

In the US all legally sold guns can flow unrestricted into the unregulated secondary market. We have to formally transfer ownership of a transportation machine, but you can give or sell a killing machine to anyone, no questions asked and no future accountability. 

You can't even keep your lies straight, scumbag.

Now you are saying EVERYBODY in Canada knows it? Where's your proof? Show us some documentation.

I've already caught you in a LIE, bee itch.

I never said that, it was posted by one of the Americans on this forum.

Just now, Aristides said:

You have as many states that prohibit registries as you do that make registering some firearms mandatory.

Name a state that prohibits registering guns. And while you're at it, show us the stats in "registering" states where the CRIMINALS are easily caught and brought to justice because they were easy to track through their registering the weapons they used to commit crimes.

We'll wait.

Just now, reason10 said:

Name a state that prohibits registering guns. And while you're at it, show us the stats in "registering" states where the CRIMINALS are easily caught and brought to justice because they were easy to track through their registering the weapons they used to commit crimes.

We'll wait.

Florida

18 minutes ago, Aristides said:

I Canada that would probably get you charged with careless or improper storage of a firearm.

https://www.criminallawyervancouver.com/blog/careless-improper-storage-firearms-canada/

Yep, as it should. These are common sense gun control measures that should be open for bipartisan solution, but the American gun lobby opposes absolutely everything. They say that gun registration is the first step toward confiscation, blah blah blah. They say that responsible gun owners should be able to own as many guns as they like, but want no accountability. It's a whole thing. -- I wish I could say that any of it feels sincere, but frankly I think they view the unregulated secondary market, including the illegal international export, as more revenue for the industry. 

4 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Florida

I'm afraid you are wrong. (For future reference: Rather than trust those left wing internet opinion rags, go to the states statutes.)

https://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2020/0790.065

(1)(a) A licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer may not sell or deliver from her or his inventory at her or his licensed premises any firearm to another person, other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector, until she or he has:

1. Obtained a completed form from the potential buyer or transferee, which form shall have been promulgated by the Department of Law Enforcement and provided by the licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer, which shall include the name, date of birth, gender, race, and social security number or other identification number of such potential buyer or transferee and has inspected proper identification including an identification containing a photograph of the potential buyer or transferee.
22. Collected a fee from the potential buyer for processing the criminal history check of the potential buyer. The fee shall be established by the Department of Law Enforcement and may not exceed $8 per transaction. The Department of Law Enforcement may reduce, or suspend collection of, the fee to reflect payment received from the Federal Government applied to the cost of maintaining the criminal history check system established by this section as a means of facilitating or supplementing the National Instant Criminal Background Check System. The Department of Law Enforcement shall, by rule, establish procedures for the fees to be transmitted by the licensee to the Department of Law Enforcement. Such procedures must provide that fees may be paid or transmitted by electronic means, including, but not limited to, debit cards, credit cards, or electronic funds transfers. All such fees shall be deposited into the Department of Law Enforcement Operating Trust Fund, but shall be segregated from all other funds deposited into such trust fund and must be accounted for separately. Such segregated funds must not be used for any purpose other than the operation of the criminal history checks required by this section. The Department of Law Enforcement, each year before February 1, shall make a full accounting of all receipts and expenditures of such funds to the President of the Senate, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, the majority and minority leaders of each house of the Legislature, and the chairs of the appropriations committees of each house of the Legislature. In the event that the cumulative amount of funds collected exceeds the cumulative amount of expenditures by more than $2.5 million, excess funds may be used for the purpose of purchasing soft body armor for law enforcement officers.
3. Requested, by means of a toll-free telephone call or other electronic means, the Department of Law Enforcement to conduct a check of the information as reported and reflected in the Florida Crime Information Center and National Crime Information Center systems as of the date of the request.

It's actually a pretty long chapter. (Didn't want to take up too much space.)
Looks like every gun grabbers DREAM.

2 minutes ago, reason10 said:

I'm afraid you are wrong. (For future reference: Rather than trust those left wing internet opinion rags, go to the states statutes.)

https://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2020/0790.065

(1)(a) A licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer may not sell or deliver from her or his inventory at her or his licensed premises any firearm to another person, other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector, until she or he has:

1. Obtained a completed form from the potential buyer or transferee, which form shall have been promulgated by the Department of Law Enforcement and provided by the licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer, which shall include the name, date of birth, gender, race, and social security number or other identification number of such potential buyer or transferee and has inspected proper identification including an identification containing a photograph of the potential buyer or transferee.
22. Collected a fee from the potential buyer for processing the criminal history check of the potential buyer. The fee shall be established by the Department of Law Enforcement and may not exceed $8 per transaction. The Department of Law Enforcement may reduce, or suspend collection of, the fee to reflect payment received from the Federal Government applied to the cost of maintaining the criminal history check system established by this section as a means of facilitating or supplementing the National Instant Criminal Background Check System. The Department of Law Enforcement shall, by rule, establish procedures for the fees to be transmitted by the licensee to the Department of Law Enforcement. Such procedures must provide that fees may be paid or transmitted by electronic means, including, but not limited to, debit cards, credit cards, or electronic funds transfers. All such fees shall be deposited into the Department of Law Enforcement Operating Trust Fund, but shall be segregated from all other funds deposited into such trust fund and must be accounted for separately. Such segregated funds must not be used for any purpose other than the operation of the criminal history checks required by this section. The Department of Law Enforcement, each year before February 1, shall make a full accounting of all receipts and expenditures of such funds to the President of the Senate, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, the majority and minority leaders of each house of the Legislature, and the chairs of the appropriations committees of each house of the Legislature. In the event that the cumulative amount of funds collected exceeds the cumulative amount of expenditures by more than $2.5 million, excess funds may be used for the purpose of purchasing soft body armor for law enforcement officers.
3. Requested, by means of a toll-free telephone call or other electronic means, the Department of Law Enforcement to conduct a check of the information as reported and reflected in the Florida Crime Information Center and National Crime Information Center systems as of the date of the request.

It's actually a pretty long chapter. (Didn't want to take up too much space.)
Looks like every gun grabbers DREAM.

Nice word salad but nowhere there does it say guns are registered.

1 minute ago, Hodad said:

Yep, as it should. These are common sense gun control measures that should be open for bipartisan solution, but the American gun lobby opposes absolutely everything. They say that gun registration is the first step toward confiscation, blah blah blah. They say that responsible gun owners should be able to own as many guns as they like, but want no accountability. It's a whole thing. -- I wish I could say that any of it feels sincere, but frankly I think they view the unregulated secondary market, including the illegal international export, as more revenue for the industry. 

That of course is a LIE.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150101/guide-to-the-interstate-transportation

No accountability? Seriously?

Find someone with an education to read that link to you.

22 minutes ago, reason10 said:

Again, it is in the statutes.

Just admit to everyone that you aren't smart enough to read the statute, instead of playing these dumbass games.

You haven't even had time to read the entire text. That's how we know you're lying.

So where is the registry?  You link just says sales must be recorded, it doesn't say anything about a registry. Maybe you should read what you link.

5 hours ago, Aristides said:

You have as many states that prohibit registries as you do that make registering some firearms mandatory.

LIke I said, find someone with an education to READ that statute and explain it to you. Find the part that prohibits registries.

(You're REALLY starting to sound like a retard, even worse than usual.)

4 hours ago, Aristides said:

So where is the registry?  You link just says sales must be recorded, it doesn't say anything about a registry. Maybe you should read what you link.

Oh, you think there should be an actual NAMED REGISTRY.

Please tell me you aren't in charge of anything important, at the middle school you are currently flunking out of.

1 hour ago, reason10 said:

Oh, you think there should be an actual NAMED REGISTRY.

Please tell me you aren't in charge of anything important, at the middle school you are currently flunking out of.

If there is no registry, nothing is registered. Still the child.

Do you really think your childish insults bother me? Keep them up, they say a lot more about you than me.

Edited by Aristides

14 hours ago, Aristides said:

If there is no registry, nothing is registered. Still the child.

Do you really think your childish insults bother me? Keep them up, they say a lot more about you than me.

Considering that Florida Third Graders have better reading skills than you, it would seem that you're the child in this discussion. You lost the argument; you're too fcking LAZY to read the statutes and you're just whining.

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, Aristides said:

True to form, yell louder and insult more. Too funny. And pathetic.

True to form, you refuse to do your homework.

You could very easily read the statutes (assuming your reading level is at least that of a Florida elementary school student) but you continue to ignore it.

6r1bqi.jpg

On 1/31/2023 at 9:19 AM, Aristides said:

True to form, yell louder and insult more. Too funny. And pathetic.

True to form, ACT DUMBER. Talk more stupidly.

Bottom line, EVERY legal gun purchase in the state of Florida is on record. The transactions have to be recorded with the state. In fact, (and I found this out many years ago) when you are buying a gun in Florida with a check, it is actually a crime to bounce that check.

The record of all legal gun purchases could easily be called a "registry." If it has some other name, that doesn't mean the record doesn't exist.

I could call you stupid, ignorant, uneducated, bat guano for brains. They all mean the same thing and one doesn't cancel the other out.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, reason10 said:

True to form, ACT DUMBER. Talk more stupidly.

Bottom line, EVERY legal gun purchase in the state of Florida is on record. The transactions have to be recorded with the state. In fact, (and I found this out many years ago) when you are buying a gun in Florida with a check, it is actually a crime to bounce that check.

The record of all legal gun purchases could easily be called a "registry." If it has some other name, that doesn't mean the record doesn't exist.

I could call you stupid, ignorant, uneducated, bat guano for brains. They all mean the same thing and one doesn't cancel the other out.

If the guns aren't registered somewhere, there is no registry. What do you think registry means? Only purchases from  official dealers are recorded. Once they are sold on the secondary market there is no record. There is no registry.

10 minutes ago, Aristides said:

If the guns aren't registered somewhere, there is no registry. What do you think registry means? Only purchases from  official dealers are recorded. Once they are sold on the secondary market there is no record. There is no registry.

I already showed you the statutes. Each firearm purchase in Florida is documented. That means there has to be a record of those purchases. A REGISTRY, even though this state may not call it that.

As far as secondary market sales go, there is NO registry in ANY state or country in the world that can track ALL private gun sales, either legally (owner to owner) or black market. Your queer attraction to the concept of "Registry" assumes there is such a thing as a law abiding criminal.

The animal who breaks into a cop's house and stills his pistols and rifles will either use those items to commit a crime or he'll sell them on the black market. There is NO registry for for criminals and this is EVERYWHERE, (Canada, USA, Switzerland, whatever.)

Of course, in Florida if he brings a gun to a crime, he gets MANDATORY 10 years. If he fires the gun, he gets a MANDATORY 20 years. If the bullet fired from that gun hits someone (killing him/her or not) that's MANDATORY life imprisonment. That's FLORIDA gun control, and it is more effective at curbing gun crime than any other.

On 1/17/2023 at 9:21 AM, Aristides said:

Americans are the biggest gun runners on the planet and they do it in their own country.

Which is interesting because leftists are the biggest facilitators of crime. If you can't fight firepower with firepower then what are you supposed to use, unicorn tears and purple hairspray? 

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

That brings us back to the inconvenient fact that THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A FCKING LAW ABIDING CRIMINAl..

An animal steals a gun. An animal files off the serial numbers. (Both of which are a crime.) An animal then SELLS this gun to another animal, who intends to use it to commit a crime. There is NO REGISTRY IN THE ENTIRE FCKING UNITED STATES OR CANADA for this type of transaction. If you are suggesting that CRIMINALS will automatically REGISTER these illegal transactions in whatever dumbass blue state that advertises a "REGISTRY" then my advice to you is

6r1bqi.jpg