Liberal family values for our children

Gord S.

“Our most important commitment to the Canadian people was our pledge to protect and defend the values that define us. Liberal values. Canadian values.”

“Liberal values”

· Liberal values include the Age of Consent that endorses 14 year olds (junior high school children) having sex with 50 year olds.

The Liberals made a coalition with the NDP and Bloc to oppose every effort to date by the Conservative Party of Canada to raise the Age of Consent from 14 years to at least 16 years. The Liberals are leaving children unprotected by law from sexual predation by adults.

· Liberal values mean women have the right to become a prostitute. To stand on any street corner in front of children, while cars circle and John’s harass innocent young girls waiting for the bus.

The Liberal Party of Canada’s last policy convention adopted a resolution calling for the decriminalization of prostitution. Is this the career option you want for your children and grandchildren?

· Liberal values support the Young Offenders Act that allows convicted 17-year-old rapists and gang members to walk the streets anonymously.

Liberals opposed Conservative efforts to amend the Young Offenders Act, which provides 17 year-old repeat violent offenders absolute anonymity on our nation’s streets.

· Liberal values allow women to drink and take drugs while pregnant. Thousands of children are born with physical and mental defects.

[Of individuals with FAE between the ages of 12 and 51,

· 95% will have mental health problems;

· 68% will experience trouble with the law;

· 55% will be confined in prison, drug or alcohol treatment centre or mental institution;

· 52% will exhibit inappropriate sexual behaviour

http://www.fasworld.com/facts.ihtml ]

Conservative values are my values!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“Our most important commitment to the Canadian people was our pledge to protect and defend the values that define us. Liberal values. Canadian values.”

“Liberal values”

· Liberal values include the Age of Consent that endorses 14 year olds (junior high school children) having sex with 50 year olds.

The Liberals made a coalition with the NDP and Bloc to oppose every effort to date by the Conservative Party of Canada to raise the Age of Consent from 14 years to at least 16 years. The Liberals are leaving children unprotected by law from sexual predation by adults.

· Liberal values mean women have the right to become a prostitute. To stand on any street corner in front of children, while cars circle and John’s harass innocent young girls waiting for the bus.

The Liberal Party of Canada’s last policy convention adopted a resolution calling for the decriminalization of prostitution. Is this the career option you want for your children and grandchildren?

· Liberal values support the Young Offenders Act that allows convicted 17-year-old rapists and gang members to walk the streets anonymously.

Liberals opposed Conservative efforts to amend the Young Offenders Act, which provides 17 year-old repeat violent offenders absolute anonymity on our nation’s streets.

· Liberal values allow women to drink and take drugs while pregnant. Thousands of children are born with physical and mental defects.

· 55% will be confined in prison, drug or alcohol treatment centre or mental institution;

As a middle aged mom, the age of consent issue really gets my back up! And the 17 year old young offender...we have one here who beat a boy to death with his friends but because he turned 18 the day AFTER he did it, he is protected under the young offenders act! That is just BS!

It makes no sense 14 is old enough to have sex but 17 is still too young to face trial as an adult? If a 14 year old is old enough to make RESPONSIBLE decisions about sex, why is the 17 year old not RESPONSIBLE for their actions?

As a middle aged mom, the age of consent issue really gets my back up! And the 17 year old young offender...we have one here who beat a boy to death with his friends but because he turned 18 the day AFTER he did it, he is protected under the young offenders act! That is just BS!

It makes no sense 14 is old enough to have sex but 17 is still too young to face trial as an adult? If a 14 year old is old enough to make RESPONSIBLE decisions about sex, why is the 17 year old not RESPONSIBLE for their actions?

I live in Edmonton. We're neighbours... :)

And yes, I fully agree. Which is why I created that list.

Regarding family values - the difference between the Liberals and CPC is like night and day. If the party pushed nothing but this issue, we would win the election...

I live in Edmonton. We're neighbours...  :)

Regarding family values - the difference between the Liberals and CPC is like night and day. If the party pushed nothing but this issue, we would win the election...

Welcome Neighbour!! :D Yes, I agree, if we want the vote of parents, these issues are very important to them.

How do I explain to my kids that drugs are bad, but wait...marijana is okay...cause the Liberals think so? Sex is okay at 14 with someone much older but you can't drive my car. No way, your not old enough for that kind of responsibility until your 16. Want to take a bat to some poor defenceless teen...it's okay until your 18, you poor thing you didn't know any better your only 17! :angry:

This country seriously needs to wake up!

Score a few for the moral panic button and gross misrepresentation of the facts...

Liberal values include the Age of Consent that endorses 14 year olds (junior high school children) having sex with 50 year olds.

why is it always 50 year olds? You know just as well as I do that 99.9% of 14 year olds are not interested in having sex with a 50 year old, infact the 50 year old most likely to take advantage of your 14 year old...would be her father.

this is pure unequivocal bullshit. Sexual predation is illegal, if I rape your 14 year old daughter or commit any act of sexual harrasment she is protected by law. If am incessently stalking your daughter she could also file a restraining order, again she is protected by law from sexual predation, because sexual predation is illegal.

Can't say it is the career option I want for my children but so what it should be my responsibility to ensure that they don;t end up as a prostitute, as Chris rock says you know when your kid is a stripper you fucked up. Not the government, but you yourself.

On an aside Prostitution itself has never been illegal in Canada so you cannot decriminalize something that is not illegal. You can however loosen the laws that have placed restrictions on prostitution.

Liberal values support the Young Offenders Act that allows convicted 17-year-old rapists and gang members to walk the streets anonymously

The young offenders act no longer exists

Liberal values allow women to drink and take drugs while pregnant. Thousands of children are born with physical and mental defects.

Really???? is that so, cause you know I think you might be wrong. Just an inkling, but what do you suggest, that any Parent who has a child with FAS gets 5 years in prison, cause you know every one knows they are pregnant within ten seconds of conception, so clearly anyone who has a baby born with FAS, drank alcohol with the full knowledge that they were pregnant. You know I just don't think so.

Sure Maybe we could introduce a bill that states after having sex you must be strapped to a chair and monitored 24/7 for three weeks and if you are found to be pregnant your must remain for the remainder of the pregnancy, if not...well you will be back in a day. Of course we don't really know when everyone is having sex...so in every Bedroom, bathroom, backseat, and kitchen(hey thats where sex starts right) we can place a sentry. Other than that, what do you propose to ensure no women can drink alcohol while pregnant???

Score a few for the moral panic button and gross misrepresentation of the facts...

Wrong - I only post the truth...

Liberal values include the Age of Consent that endorses 14 year olds (junior high school children) having sex with 50 year olds.

why is it always 50 year olds? You know just as well as I do that 99.9% of 14 year olds are not interested in having sex with a 50 year old, infact the 50 year old most likely to take advantage of your 14 year old...would be her father.

Why are you playing number games??? If I change it to 25 year olds having consensual (???) sex with 14 year olds, does your position remain the same???

this is pure unequivocal bullshit. Sexual predation is illegal, if I rape your 14 year old daughter or commit any act of sexual harrasment she is protected by law. If am incessently stalking your daughter she could also file a restraining order, again she is protected by law from sexual predation, because sexual predation is illegal.

Bullshit???

Maybe you are right - I will immediately change my position from "sexual predation" to "sexual manipulation"

The definition of manipulation is: http://www.wordreference.com/definition/manipulation

or: http://www.answers.com/topic/manipulation

The rest of your responses are easy to counter. But nice try to deflect that Liberal values are NOT Canadian values... :)

“Liberal values”

For our federal government to pass at their policy convention legalization of prostitution smacks of exactly what they did with Same Sex marriage, this government simply seems to be following the Netherlands, who has had free usage of Marijuana & Hashish in bars for a number of years. They have also had legalized prostitution, and same-sex marrriages.

Belgium followed suit with this liberalization, and an article on the Canadian Free Press dated October 31st stated that the European Union in Brussels has just just passed a new grammer rule for themselves and the Netherlands--making it official that the name "Christ" will soon be written in lower case "c". The article stated that this was the stipulation in an orthography reform published earlier in October in Brussels. This article went so far as to state that the new spelling stipulations will also extend to the names of different religious denominations. For instance the article cited the fact that the Dutch word for "jews" (joden) be spelled with a capital "J" when referring to nationality and with a lower-case "j" when referring to the religion. The article went on to state that these changes will be mandatory in August 2006, although there is as yet no description of fines offenders will face if they keep spelling Christ with a capital "C". http://www.canadafreepress.com/2005/cover103105.htmCanadian, American, World News

Since the laws that Canada has enacted with this Liberal government seem to have been taken almost directly from the EU's playbook, is this where a Liberal government is taking Canada, and making Canada into a secular society by the introduction of legislation to enforce these kinds of things.

Issues like the above and those that you mentioned are the exact reasons why I cannot support a Liberal Government.

Yes, the difference is like night and day. The leader of the CPC voted to exclude gay bashing from hate crimes legislation, i.e., Bill C-250. It's not clear whether he was motivated by homophobia or the irrational fear that gays and lesbians would use C-250 to take away "religious freedom". Either way, Harper's position is not one shared by most Canadians as I suspect most Canadians view gay bashing as a hate crime. The Liberals, NDP and BQ voted unanimously in favour of C-250. And despite the passage of C-250, Harper and his supporters still have their religious freedom to hate whoever they want to hate.

Gord S, looks like this is where many of us have migrated. I preferred your previous name on 50plus even though it wasn't a credibility enhancer. :lol:

I probably should have changed mine as well but I think I'll just take my lumps as usual from angry Liberal bashers and the religious right.

I live in Edmonton. We're neighbours...  :)

“Liberal values”

Excellent post , am in full agreement with it, no argument from me. I'm wondering if there will any more attempts to have the age of consent raised, I know two CPC MP's had a motion on the floor which I believe died (before the election call).

Its the current climate of anything goes, which seems to lead to a lack of moral values and ethics within families. Part of the reason for gangs and shooting in TO, IMHO.

I'm going to be working on the CPC campaign in my area, I feel its worth the effort, and I do dislike the cold. :)-

Excellent post , am in full agreement with it, no argument from me.  I'm wondering if there will any more attempts to have the age of consent raised, I know two CPC MP's had a motion on the floor which I believe died (before the election call).

Actually that motion was defeated - NOBODY knows that because the media buried the story.

That is why I lump the Liberal / NDP / Bloc together. This is one clear difference between the Conservatives + the other parties.

I firmly believe "Conservative family values" are Canadian's values...

Wrong - I only post the truth...

Why are you playing number games??? If I change it to 25 year olds having consensual (???) sex with 14 year olds, does your position remain the same???

Bullshit???

Maybe you are right - I will immediately change my position from "sexual predation" to "sexual manipulation"

The definition of manipulation is: http://www.wordreference.com/definition/manipulation

or: http://www.answers.com/topic/manipulation

The rest of your responses are easy to counter. But nice try to deflect that Liberal values are NOT Canadian values... :)

than go right ahead and counter them, lets hear your arguements, its one thign to say I can counter them...it is another to actually do so...and when you do I will counter them no problem.

DISCLAIMER: No friend of the Liberals am I. But...

The age of consent in this country has been 14 years since 1890. Why do you want to mess with traditional values? :lol:

Actually no.

The age of consent is 18 years where the sexual activity involves exploitative activity, such as prostitution, pornography or where there is a relationship of trust, authority or dependency. For other sexual activity, the age of consent is 14 years.

So sexual predation/exploitation is illegal. The problem is that there's no matter where you draw the line, some healthy sexual activity will end up criminalized and some harmful activity will be permitted. It's all pretty arbitrary.

Prsotitution is already legal. Soliciting the service of a prostitute is illegal.

I am curious, though: prostitution is the world's oldest profession: what formula do you have that will make it go away?

Liberal values allow women to drink and take drugs while pregnant.

And you plan on stopping them...how?

Moral panic indeed.... I'm sure the federal Liberals wish they had the kind of power to change social attitudes that thei ropponnents ascribe to them. According to the CPC vision, canadaians are, apparently, helpless lumps of clay to be molded by the evil secular socialist Liberals and tehir mighty propaganda machine. I wonder if the notion that government actually reflects the values of its people on social issues has ever occurred to them...

Yes, the difference is like night and day.  The leader of the CPC voted to exclude gay bashing from hate crimes legislation, i.e., Bill C-250.  It's not clear whether he was motivated by homophobia or the irrational fear that gays and lesbians would use C-250 to take away "religious freedom".  Either way, Harper's position is not one shared by most Canadians as I suspect most Canadians view gay bashing as a hate crime.  The Liberals, NDP and BQ voted unanimously in favour of C-250. And despite the passage of C-250, Harper and his supporters still have their religious freedom to hate whoever they want to hate.

Gord S, looks like this is where many of us have migrated.  I preferred your previous name on 50plus even though it wasn't a credibility enhancer. :lol:

I probably should have changed mine as well but I think I'll just take my lumps as usual from angry Liberal bashers and the religious right.

Great post.

Also may I remind all of you reactionaries that the law concering the right of 14 yr olds to have sex is nothing NEW. It is only in the past couple of generations that people have started to get married at a later age.

Methinks many of you have been looking at isolated cases and treating them as everyday occurrences, thus becoming a victim of the media. Look at the actual occurrences of the crimes you mention then think about it. It is FAR more dangerous for your kids to ride in a car but do you think twice about driving them somewhere?

The CPC certainly does NOT reflect my family values. I am not prepared to have yet Another debate about same sex marriage, abortion or any of the issues where Canada has entered into the 21 century.

The age of consent has not always been 14, it was dropped from 16 to 14 by the conservatives. They did this in the name of equality for male and female, they should have raised the 14 to 16 instead.

The age of consent for sodomy is 18, Svend Robinson and Egale want it lowered to 14 in the name of equality, which would have the practical effect of allowing a 40 year old male to have legal access to a 14-year-old youth for sexual purposes.

Maybe it should all be equalized out at 16.

Back in 2002 a Canadian Poll on Age of Consent got 80% Support

In 2002, a Pollara survey commissioned by Focus on the Family Canada found 72% of Canadians want the age of consent raised to 16. A further 8% believed it should be raised even higher. Only 18% said it should stay at 14 years of age.

http://www.fotf.ca/familyfacts/links/offsi...pollresults.pdf

What motive would someone have for not raising it, when we know that raising the age of consent to 16 will not criminalize acts between teenagers. The criminal Code already exempts from prosecution those closely related in age.

The Canadian Police Association agree as

do a majority of voters raise to raising it from 14 to at least 16. So this issue has considerable public support.

Priority should be given to three major areas of child abuse in Canada - issues on which the government should take action.

(1) raising the age of consent for sexual activity for adolescents, which is set at 14 years of age, and which is one of the lowest in the western world;

(2) closing the loophole of "artistic merit" in our child pornography law; and

(3) curtailing cross-border pedophiles luring Canadian children on the Internet for sexual purposes. Canadian children are more vulnerable in this regard than children in other countries because of Canada's low age of consent for sexual activity and also because Canada has more households with computers than anywhere else in the world.

A quick question,  This bill c-250 that i see referenced every where, is it a bill that would make "bashing (making fun of) gays"  a hate crime? as i couldnt call someone a "fag" without it being a crime?  im just trying to understand what its about.

"An Act to amend the Criminal Code (hate propaganda), popularly known as Bill C-250, its title during the second session of the 37th Canadian parliament in which it was passed, was a controversial piece of Canadian legislation. The act added penalties to the Criminal Code of Canada for inciting the hatred of or encouraging the genocide of people on the basis of sexual orientation."

No one in their right mind would condone 'gay bashing' per se, the problem with the bill is its language, and lack of definition in the wording. It could and has had the effect of limiting freedom of speech and doesn't go far enough to protect religious institutions. It does not go far enough to distinguish between the 'person' and the 'sexual activity' so we should all be concerned that this will have the effect of of labeling the bible for instance, as hate literature, the Koran too.

I'm an agnostic more or less, not any religious fundamentalist, but I believe we need to protect our religious institutions and the freedom of speech, and opposing this does not translate into hatred of gays or any other such labeling.

Liberal values allow women to drink and take drugs while pregnant. Thousands of children are born with physical and mental defects.

Really???? is that so, cause you know I think you might be wrong. Just an inkling, but what do you suggest, that any Parent who has a child with FAS gets 5 years in prison, cause you know every one knows they are pregnant within ten seconds of conception, so clearly anyone who has a baby born with FAS, drank alcohol with the full knowledge that they were pregnant. You know I just don't think so.

Sure Maybe we could introduce a bill that states after having sex you must be strapped to a chair and monitored 24/7 for three weeks and if you are found to be pregnant your must remain for the remainder of the pregnancy, if not...well you will be back in a day. Of course we don't really know when everyone is having sex...so in every Bedroom, bathroom, backseat, and kitchen(hey thats where sex starts right) we can place a sentry. Other than that, what do you propose to ensure no women can drink alcohol while pregnant???

Posting responses with such faulty logic only hurts the credibility of the poster - it definitely doesn't damage the point I put forward.

I notice that the part you clipped in my original post was:

Of individuals with FAE between the ages of 12 and 51,

http://www.fasworld.com/facts.ihtml

I consider that to be serious child abuse.

Manitoba tried to lock up a pregnant glue sniffer a few years ago to protect the unborn child. (That woman had already produced damaged babies.) The system lost.

Last year I had a pregnant tenant in my suite who was stoned daily on crack cocaine. I went to the police and social services. The police said they could not do anything under the law; social services said they would take the baby away after it was born - and they did...

Is it just me that believes ruining a child's life before it comes out of the womb to be disgusting???

How in the world can any caring individual think otherwise???

Clearly you don't have children. :rolleyes:

I'm a Father and I work in Child Protection.

There are alot of skeevy pervs (technical term) and alot of mixed up kids.

These are undeniable facts.

And it should be illegal for some 44 year old to take advantage of a "consenting" 14 year old.

Any other position is heinous.

ahh ok i see now, its a bill against threatening (implied or directly) against individuals or groups based on sexual orientation.  Basically they can label it a "Hate crime"  and therefore provide stiffer penalties?

Exactly.

If you state you are opposed to Same Sex Mariage, that is "gay bashing".

If you (as the owner of a print shop) refuse to print literature because what is being goes against your religious beliefs, you lose at the Human Rights Commission.

If you as a teacher, write a letter to the editor in a local newspaper stating you are opposed to Same Sex Marriage, you get fired from your job.

These are not theoretical examples; they happened prior to "gay bashing" being put into legislation. That is why the Conservatives opposed that legislation...

And it should be illegal for some 44 year old to take advantage of a "consenting" 14 year old.

This is where it gets silly for me. If a 44 year old having sex with a 14 year ld is so heinous, what makes that same 44 year old having sex with a 16 year old any better? The two year increase seems like such a half measure. Maybe we should adopt the following formula for determining age of consent:

A= X/2+7 (where X is your age)

This is where it gets silly for me. If a 44 year old having sex with a 14 year ld is so heinous, what makes that same 44 year old having sex with a 16 year old any better? The two year increase seems like such a half measure. Maybe we should adopt the following formula for determining age of consent:

A= X/2+7 (where X is your age)

Ultimately its not much better.

But given facts on child development and ego development 16 is less obscene than 14.

Black Dog, how can you support the Liberal position on this? You are in a socially and morally untenable position.

You can admit that Martin was wrong on this and still be a Liberal.

Yes, the difference is like night and day. The leader of the CPC voted to exclude gay bashing from hate crimes legislation, i.e., Bill C-250. It's not clear whether he was motivated by homophobia or the irrational fear that gays and lesbians would use C-250 to take away "religious freedom". Either way, Harper's position is not one shared by most Canadians as I suspect most Canadians view gay bashing as a hate crime. The Liberals, NDP and BQ voted unanimously in favour of C-250. And despite the passage of C-250, Harper and his supporters still have their religious freedom to hate whoever they want to hate.

Gord S, looks like this is where many of us have migrated. I preferred your previous name on 50plus even though it wasn't a credibility enhancer. :lol:

You socialists are never happy with a level playing field. You seem to feel that by flaunting victimhood you are entitled to special treatment and special legislation...all obtained by undermining the rights of others and all part of the "culture of entitlement" now under attack by Harper and the Conservatives. The tables are turning, get used to it.