The bill dubbed by the left as the "don't say gay bill" is completely justified and necessary. Do you agree?

The bill dubbed by the left as the "don't say gay bill"   

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 3 weeks later...

@James99
The bill is pure politics, it seems to me.

It says that it bans: instruction on sexual orientation or gender identity in a manner that is not "age appropriate or developmentally appropriate for students" 

Well tell me WHO - including LGBTQ advocates - would say that they are doing that ?  The question is who decides, and the answer is always the education administration and school boards.  So it doesn't seem like much is new here, but the politics is of course hot and troublesome to everyone.

People have to learn to use the IGNORE feature.  In real life.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/13/2022 at 8:16 AM, Michael Hardner said:

@James99

The bill is pure politics, it seems to me.

It says that it bans: instruction on sexual orientation or gender identity in a manner that is not "age appropriate or developmentally appropriate for students" 

Well tell me WHO - including LGBTQ advocates - would say that they are doing that ?  The question is who decides, and the answer is always the education administration and school boards.  So it doesn't seem like much is new here, but the politics is of course hot and troublesome to everyone.

People have to learn to use the IGNORE feature.  In real life.

Read the bill. Don't just take the word of MSNBC, CNN, or other fake news rags. Read the bill.

While New Jersey's students are led to neglect important instruction in favor of classes in anal sex and drag queen shows, Florida students are ahead of the pack in academic studies, where it matters. The Florida legislature created the bill and Governor DeSantis (the most intelligent governor in the United States) signed it into law. Republican Democracy in action.

Read the bill.

https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2022/1557

Edited by reason10
Clarification

Boys and girls, the purpose of public education in Florida is to create educated students who either can function in life or go on to college and forge out lucrative careers. Public education is NOT designed to make homosexuals, trannies and lesbians feel better about their situations. There isn't time in class for that. The kids barely have time to focus on Math, Science, Reading, Writing, History, Geography, Civics, the Arts, etc.

There are some liberal teachers here who are having mild tantrums about this. I get to watch them in the teacher's lounge during lunch. Not all of them, but some.  And I always take a couple of shut-the-fck-up pills before walking in there, so I can listen to what they have to say. (They don't want or need to know the views of a substitute teacher.)

Truthfully, MOST of our teachers are concerned about doing the job, and less about the politics. In fact, they don't talk about anything else but the job. I've never seen any occupation where the worker is never off the job, NEVER talks about anything else.

Tell me again exactly WHAT in this bill does harm. Spell it out, intelligently.

Florida schools continue to lead the country, mostly because our teachers are doing the job and our state supports a robust public education system that involves the parents. It's as simple as that.

Edited by reason10

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

I did read it.  Did I get something wrong?

Here are the main points of the bill:

Requires district school boards to adopt procedures that comport with certain provisions of law for notifying student's parent of specified information; requires such procedures to reinforce fundamental right of parents to make decisions regarding upbringing & control of their children;

prohibits school district from adopting procedures or student support forms that prohibit school district personnel from notifying parent about specified information or that encourage student to withhold from parent such information

prohibits school district personnel from discouraging or prohibiting parental notification & involvement in critical decisions affecting student's mental, emotional, or physical well-being;

prohibits classroom discussion about sexual orientation or gender identity in certain grade levels;

requires school districts to notify parents of healthcare services

authorizes parent to bring action against school district to obtain declaratory judgment; provides for additional award of injunctive relief, damages, & reasonable attorney fees & court costs to certain parents.

Those are the highlights. They are reasonable. They insert parental control into the mix. What is your problem with parental control?

On 8/24/2022 at 11:12 AM, James99 said:

I am curious on the argument against this bill. Please elaborate. 

I was subbing at a middle school where one of the music teachers (and the guy definitely had a lilting homosexual style) was pretty close to ranting and raving about this bill. He kept throwing out the term "groom." He even said that he likely would not only have to leave the state of Florida, he would probably have to leave the United States because it looked like Governor DeSantis would be a shoo in for the presidency. I saw this during a meeting I accidentally walked in on during a planning period.

(Understand, this teacher was very cordial to me, probably because I was a rare sub who knew how to play several instruments and could read a middle school band score. I remember his coming and yelling at my class because they were talking too much. I remember him saying "I've been called several names off hand at this school, some of which could even be labled a slur, and I'm able to handle that. But don't you DARE even think about mouthing off to this sub..." Stuff like that.)

The argument against the Parental Rights In Education Act come from idiots who haven't read the bill. Apparently, the left has now decided that public schools were the place where LGBT material would be presented to all the students in lieu of actual academic items, (stuff they would need in the real world). These low information left wingers are in the minority in the State of Florida, (thank God for that), and they are pretty much making up stuff that doesn't appear in the bill.

Truthfully, from my experience as a substitute teacher, it is NEVER appropriate to discuss ANY personal sexual items. A kid might ask me if I'm married. I would respond that it is irrelevant and that we need to focus on the work.  My personal life is irrelevant to them. I believe all teachers should have the same attitude because (a) there just isn't any time to focus on anything other than the academic subjects and (b) a classroom is NOT a cocktail lounge where a teacher can let his/her hair down and discuss boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife issues. Those students are NOT the teacher's friends. They are students. They are there to learn, not to do anything else.

1 hour ago, reason10 said:

Here are the main points of the bill:

Those are the highlights. They are reasonable. They insert parental control into the mix. What is your problem with parental control?

Mikey hasn't answered because he can't. He's just been blowing the Libbie horn...as usual.

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

Mikey hasn't answered because he can't. He's just been blowing the Libbie horn...as usual.

It's okay. So far it appears the members here are free to speak their mind. It appears that debate is considered healthy here. I may have been mistaken about thinking he was very young, mostly because his views do not necessarily show a wealth of life experience. (It'd be nice if someone mistook me for a younger person.)

Liberals and conservatives make for interesting discussions. And I try really hard to keep them as cordial as possible.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, reason10 said:

It's okay. So far it appears the members here are free to speak their mind. It appears that debate is considered healthy here. I may have been mistaken about thinking he was very young, mostly because his views do not necessarily show a wealth of life experience. (It'd be nice if someone mistook me for a younger person.)

Liberals and conservatives make for interesting discussions. And I try really hard to keep them as cordial as possible.

Just wait till The Brigade here find out you can think for yourself.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2022 at 9:17 AM, Nationalist said:

Just wait till The Brigade here find out you can think for yourself.

I would imagine other conservatives and libertarians here likewise think for themselves.

So far, the overreaction I've gotten from the entitled, triggered KARENS of the left here have shown that thinking really isn't very high on their list of important things.

All I can do is present facts. Sometimes, I even crack a joke about it, from time to time.

Limbaugh was great at that.

• Like 1