Toilet democracy

4 minutes ago, cougar said:

You are only a

And again you can love your MP and her salary; you can whistle "don't worry be happy" and "beautiful world" all day long. It's perfectly fine with me and i'll even get you the links, free. But what does have to do with me? Now, a puzzle.

28 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

So...reality no longer means anything to you?

You live in your self created alternative reality, where all is good and normal.

Buddy , salmon don't swim in beer on your golf course.  I live right beside the river - the ultimate salmon river, so allow me to know more on this subject than you do.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, myata said:

And again you can love your MP and her salary

Has it ever occurred to you, you may be driving the forum members nuts with your constant "MP salary" BS?

We are tired of it!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, cougar said:

You live in your self created alternative reality, where all is good and normal.

Buddy , salmon don't swim in beer on your golf course.  I live right beside the river - the ultimate salmon river, so allow me to know more on this subject than you do.

The salmon are still there. The reality is a story of gross mismanagement by an idiotic NDP government, a virus which apparently originated in a salmon farm and a landslide a few years ago in the canyon.

However...apparently every 4th year is a "dominant" year for salmon and 2022 will be a "dominant" year. Expectations are the salmon will be back in good numbers this year.

Like forestry, the resource needs to be managed properly. Not by morons in the NDP, but by people who want the resource to be there tomorrow. 

But just yelling the salmon are disappearing is nonsense.

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

Like forestry, the resource needs to be managed properly. Not by morons in the NDP, but by people who want the resource to be there tomorrow. 

But just yelling the salmon are disappearing is nonsense.

No.  It needs not to be "managed".  We just have to put our tails between our f" legs and back off.

Judging by your knowledge you are talking about the Fraser.   Those "dominant" years are for the Adams river sockeye run - a tributary of the South Thompson.  Do you have the slightest idea how many different runs of salmon are supposed to be in the Fraser and its tributaries and what the historic numbers were?

Just FYI, the Thompson river steelhead run went from 10,000 fish to 200 and those 200 were there before the big floods that hit their spawning grounds by Merritt.

See how other sockeye runs are fairing , then how the chinook, coho, pink, chum are fairing in this river.   I am on the Skeena and in 10 years all went down the drain!

6 hours ago, cougar said:

No.  It needs not to be "managed".  We just have to put our tails between our f" legs and back off.

Judging by your knowledge you are talking about the Fraser.   Those "dominant" years are for the Adams river sockeye run - a tributary of the South Thompson.  Do you have the slightest idea how many different runs of salmon are supposed to be in the Fraser and its tributaries and what the historic numbers were?

Just FYI, the Thompson river steelhead run went from 10,000 fish to 200 and those 200 were there before the big floods that hit their spawning grounds by Merritt.

See how other sockeye runs are fairing , then how the chinook, coho, pink, chum are fairing in this river.   I am on the Skeena and in 10 years all went down the drain!

Are you in Prince Rupert?

All indications appear to be that the salmon are gaining strength and numbers. And while I hope the wild salmon do make a full comeback, I'm not sure forestry is causing the population.

Canada is a goldmine of natural resources. And our government picks our most profitable resource and squelches it, at a time when Canadians need it most.

• Haha 1

We'll screw up salmon and forests as did cod and I would give it just a few decades. The toilet democracy needs constant and increasing funding, the populace cares only about bread and circuses and the bureaucracy will happily spend all the environment funds (coming from the destruction of the same) on itself. The trajectory is set. Let's see check again in couple of decades, has it gone extinct or very near. Oops too bad.

Edited by myata

2 hours ago, myata said:

We'll screw up salmon and forests as did cod and I would give it just a few decades. The toilet democracy needs constant and increasing funding, the populace cares only about bread and circuses and the bureaucracy will happily spend all the environment funds (coming from the destruction of the same) on itself. The trajectory is set. Let's see check again in couple of decades, has it gone extinct or very near. Oops too bad.

OMG, you are such a fatalist.

Do you live in an underground bunker? LOL

I used to read your posts and thought some was interesting and would argue with you but now, I am just bewildered by your constant and total complaining of absolutely everything.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Nationalist said:

All indications appear to be that the salmon are gaining strength and numbers.

What indicators???!!!   200 fish out of a historic population of 10,000 is not indicative enough for you?

Or the fact I wasn't able to fish for chinook or sockeye in the past 3 years, and finally for steelhead last year?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cougar said:

What indicators???!!!   200 fish out of a historic population of 10,000 is not indicative enough for you?

Or the fact I wasn't able to fish for chinook or sockeye in the past 3 years, and finally for steelhead last year?

So go fish. 

• Confused 1

If you have tried flying over Vancouver in the recent years you can get the picture (literally). You call this "sustainable"? Please.. though if only in the same sense as your MP are "independent" i.e. the opposite of. But in reality there's nothing left there to sustain massive logging for decades and the cash, tax dollars, "jobs" you know the story are needed tomorrow.. today.

Over the past years I happened to work in Eastern Europe, including some of the poorest including logging areas. No it doesn't look pretty and some parts in the forests look little short of devastation. But still they cut individual trees (though probably still more than can be sustained). Where else do you see this style of "sustainable" clearcut logging, Brazil maybe?

This is G7 world greatest prosperous blah etc democracy with marvelous blah resources and yet in decades and centuries (cod, next: salmon) we just can't figure it out. Why? The answer is simple: evolution, adaptation, change that is, the absence of it. The toilet democracy that cannot be changed why fixing with the facade of prosperity that has to be maintained to keep the contraption going costs, and costs a lot. The dough has to come from somewhere that is not proclamations of politicians in the election season. And there aren't just that many sources left. We used to be good on debt with some safety padding there but that's gone now, no balanced budgets for years in sight. And so, something has to give. Guess what, not even difficult, really.