Canada must offer booster covid vaccine shot to anyone who wants it.

Data from Israel and UK indicating that vaccine effectiveness drops significantly after 5 months as why infections are surging in those countries. Canada currently has a surplus of unused vaccines.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/covid-jab-protection-wanes-within-six-months-uk-researchers-2021-08-25/

In total, 63,489,464 doses of COVID-19 vaccines (including Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech and AstraZeneca) have been delivered to the provinces for administration. As of today, 83.2% of doses delivered to the provinces have been administered. Which means clos to 12 million doses of vaccines are sitting in the shelves and nobody wants them for their first or second shot.

https://covid19tracker.ca/vaccinationtracker.html

Third booster shots must be provided not just to priority groups but to anyone who has had a second shot more than 5 months and wants it in order to avoid a very deadly fifth wave in early 2022.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

• CITIZEN_2015 changed the title to Canada must offer booster covid vaccine to anyone that wants it.

So what they've told us about vaccines has been a lie then. Vaccines are not a return to normalcy. Calls for authoritarian controls continue indefinitely. 

Just want to be sure I understand that correctly. 

Screw your vaccines. Masks are a joke. Lockdowns are criminal. Therapeutics are the answer.

Edited by Infidel Dog

Being a citizen I don't want bl..dy boosters forever. I want top notch healthcare system and modern effective treatment for everyone wherever and whenever needed. Sufficient capacity in the system. Vaccines to those at a higher risk of complications or anybody who wants it out of own pocket (not mine). Yes we have the right to expect and demand that, unless it's already a one-way country.

They always said vaccines will not be a silver bullet and masking  and lockdowns are needed in combinations with vaccines, however, vaccines have proven to be more effective than originally thought so we have been in stage 3 for such a long time and hopefully won't have to return to lockdowns if enough people take the vaccines and some anti-vaxxer smart up.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

2 minutes ago, myata said:

Being a citizen I don't want bl..dy boosters forever. I want top notch healthcare system and modern effective treatment for everyone wherever and whenever needed. Sufficient capacity in the system. Vaccines to those at a higher risk of complications or anybody who wants it out of own pocket (not mine). Yes we have the right to expect and demand that, unless it's already a one-way country.

Yes I also want to be a millionaire living in a mansion with 100+ young beautiful ladies Unfortunately dreams like this only materializes in our dreams and in real life we have to accept much less.

• CITIZEN_2015 changed the title to Canada must offer booster covid vaccine shot to anyone who wants it.

Maybe just maybe the people who are hired to create methods and make decisions on these matters actually follow a plan of action, vs reaction. It's not like we are paying billions for these decisions ;)

42 minutes ago, myata said:

The medical community, governing bodies and "professionals" have made decisions that are not in the best interest of the public, something many professional fields would consider professional misconduct. 

Edited by Winston
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Yes I also want to be a millionaire living in a mansion with 100+ young beautiful ladies Unfortunately dreams like this only materializes in our dreams and in real life we have to accept much less.

We are asking for a plan of action, not reaction. In a business world this is acceptable, in a university world this is acceptable, in the medical industry this is acceptable. 

Why do we have to accept much less than to hold the governing bodies accountable for their decisions and hold them to a plan of action? No excuses, they have failed, hence why you see extreme distrust.   

Actually the OP brings up an important question and thanks to the author for that whatever motivation. Clearly the society is divided into two groups, and it's not the matter of numbers. One is fine with possibly indefinite dependence on the guidance of authorities including boosters for the foreseeable future. The other wants to rely on the natural immunity and expects top quality information and treatment from the system in case of need.

It is not a matter of bashing each other, neither who wins because these directions are incompatible and any attempt to impose or dominate would create further conflict. No. If we are a great democracy we like to paint ourselves on the walls and in the dreams we will find the way to accommodate and coexist and choose freely. How it could and will happen I don't know. But it isn't a wish but a test. If we are who we think and paint ourselves, we'll find a way to achieve that.

And if not, if we could not or would not it could mean only one thing: we are not them, who we like to think and paint ourselves. We are someone else, in truth and essence.

Our governments and health authorities are being grossly irresponsible by perpetuating the fear over a virus that is close to endemic and poses a low risk to those who aren’t eligible for vaccines.  Why are taxpaying citizens footing the bill for all the restrictions and accepting such a curtailment of freedom?   They aren’t publicizing the level of risk.  They aren’t trusting people’s judgement.  They aren’t supporting a return to normalcy because they themselves don’t want to work or face accountability.   

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 2

People have the right to live normal lives, make their own judgement without infusion of fear and arbitrary, unproven and not supported by objective and verifiable evidence restrictions.

People have the right to honest, current and accurate information, free of interference and manipulation.

People have the right to hold all and any authority accountable, including meaningful, detailed and complete explanation and justification of any decision(s) that affect them.

Having paid for it, people have the right for a public health care system that can provide the best treatment on the global level, in case of need.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Winston said:

The medical community, governing bodies and "professionals" have made decisions that are not in the best interest of the public, something many professional fields would consider professional misconduct.

It can only be added that closed and obscure, Politburo-style these decisions were made, with pretense to ultimate knowledge and unconditional mandate to profess isn't doing much else but shooting itself in the foot, repeatedly. Over and again in the history of science and the society it was found that the best decisions are made in an open exchange of ideas under rigorous critical examination. Sadly, that experience appears to have been entirely lost here. That only means that we're going to find it out yet again, and quite possibly, not the easiest way.

Edited by myata