Equality

Marocc

8 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

We live in a society where we have breakfast programs for students because some parents are too stupid or lazy to feed their children in the morning.

Do away with it then. It's nice though to make sure children in the world have enough food for them to survive at least, but some people are too selfish to give a little bit of that extra money away.

15 hours ago, Marocc said:

Do away with it then. It's nice though to make sure children in the world have enough food for them to survive at least, but some people are too selfish to give a little bit of that extra money away.

All kids should be fed.  I would think the parents should do it, not the schools.  If parents aren't doing it they should be fined.

2 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

All kids should be fed.  I would think the parents should do it, not the schools.  If parents aren't doing it they should be fined.

If parents need help then fining them is, irrational, whenever they simply need help.

Yes.

It would be ridiculous to fine a parent who has broken no, laws, during a time they were without food to feed their kids.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tdot said:

If parents need help then fining them is, irrational, whenever they simply need help.

Yes.

It would be ridiculous to fine a parent who has broken no, laws, during a time they were without food to feed their kids.

A piece of bread costs 20 cents.  Bananas are 20 cents each.  I'm sure it happens but I would imagine in most cases where kids aren't fed it is due to neglect, not lack of money.

On 4/11/2020 at 10:50 PM, Moonlight Graham said:

Most of Gates' wealth is based on selling a gazillion copes of DOS and Windows, which he himself created.  You are accusing him of IP theft somehow?

Bill Gates' software enabled for vast increases in productivity for countless businesses, teachers, students, governments etc and has helped create ridiculous amounts of more wealth for these people, even helping to lift billions out of poverty.  But he's evil?  Ok.

Even in the early days of Microsoft, he shared development of Microsoft BASIC, first designed for Altair - the first desktop personal computer with Paul Allen. Creating MS-DOS  and the later Windows operating systems were group collaborative projects also. You're dreaming if you think Gates was Thomas Edison...tinkering around in his garage inventing everything himself!

And worth noting that several years later, Gates started badgering Allen about his 50% cut on the profits from BASIC and wanted a 60/40 split. Later he tried to buy out Allen at $5.00 a share, just before the company went public. Allen refused the deal, but later took a buyout when he wanted out of the company. This kind of ruthless business behavior towards Allen and other early partners has a shitload more to do with how Gates got rich than any big ideas he came up with or any big inventions!  And then there's loading Windows with a free browser to drive Netscape out of business, and working towards establishing Windows as a monopoly, leading to the last real attempt at an antitrust lawsuit by the US Government....which mostly failed. But it didn't matter, because Microsoft didn't focus enough attention on the looming impact the internet would have on computing, and by the time they got in the game with MSN, there were other major contenders ahead of them. And yes, he's evil as far as I'm concerned. Just a little more self-conscious and needy to be popular than the typical billionaire sociopath!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Microsoft#cite_note-findingsoffact-65

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

So is no one going to take a shot at the question of equal input as opposed to outcome?

How about everyone gets to spend an equal amount of time behind a closed door with their politician and no one gets anymore or less time than anyone else?

I already did! My position is that if you don't provide at least a minimum basic income for all, then it's no deal!  

I'm still for more/not less equality (of outcomes) if you insist!

2. Equal time with politicians doesn't mean much! The billionaire who sends his lobbyists to see the politician....bags of money in hand....that's who the politician is going to listen to!

On 4/11/2020 at 7:51 PM, Argus said:

No. Allowing lower down payments allows more people to buy their own home. It doesn't discourage people from building rental housing. Government regulations do that. As for the high price of housing. Have a look at this.

Government housing regulations are a key force behind rising prices for new homes in Canada’s costliest cities, according to policy-research group C.D. Howe Institute.

Zoning rules, delays on permit approvals and municipal development fees all contributed to a steep increase in prices of single-family detached houses across Canada, C.D. Howe said in a report Tuesday. The study focused on eight areas -- including Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver and Ottawa-Gatineau -- where new-home prices are more than 20 percent higher than the cost of construction. In those cities, barriers to homebuilding added an average of C$229,000 ($179,000) to the price of a house from 2007 to 2016, the group said.

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/government-rules-add-to-rising-home-prices-in-canada-study-says-1.1077063

Or this: Pay particular attention to the chart which shows that in Canada, government fees add an average of $223,000 to the cost of a low rise home in Canada vs $69,000 in the US.

http://bildgta.ca/Assets/Bild/FINAL - BILD - Comparison of Government Charges in Canada and US - Sept 13 2019.pdf

Well, more appropriate to say that since the government insures any new home loans with less than a 25% down payment the banks feel secure in making such loans.

Half a million temporary foreign workers. Half a million foreign students. Almost four hundred thousand immigrants a year, 50,000 refugee applicants a year, all searching for cheap accommodation...  Meanwhile if you own a rental apartment you can't raise the rent more than the government tells you you can, regardless of the market, and can't evict people no matter what they do without at least six months of legal fights.

I can tell you how far I take the C.D. Howe's word on anything....even whether it's sunny or cloudy outside! House prices rising faster than the rate of inflation year over year, has nothing to do with the conservative bogeyman - Government Regulations....shudder!  The money is coming free and easy; the banks assume no risk, cause they're going to get bailed out if they're loaded with bad mortgages in default. It's not like the 30's! 

Sure, you lower requirements for down payment and you get more people who can buy a house.....extra demand causing prices to rise, and soon the guy with no down payment can't pay his mortgage when interest rates go up and it's time to renew.....doesn't anyone remember the late 70's? 

6 hours ago, Right To Left said:

I can tell you how far I take the C.D. Howe's word on anything....even whether it's sunny or cloudy outside! House prices rising faster than the rate of inflation year over year, has nothing to do with the conservative bogeyman - Government Regulations....shudder! 

This was well publicized when it came out and I saw no contradiction from the usual left wing media

Sure, you lower requirements for down payment and you get more people who can buy a house.....extra demand causing prices to rise, and soon the guy with no down payment can't pay his mortgage when interest rates go up and it's time to renew.

Interest rates haven't gone up in a decade and are unlikely to be going up any time soon.

8 hours ago, Right To Left said:

I already did! My position is that if you don't provide at least a minimum basic income for all, then it's no deal!  

I'm still for more/not less equality (of outcomes) if you insist!

2. Equal time with politicians doesn't mean much! The billionaire who sends his lobbyists to see the politician....bags of money in hand....that's who the politician is going to listen to!

My question is actually a dig aimed at people who don't have any issues with billionaires and politicians getting intimate with one another.  I'd prefer we outlaw in-camera lobbying myself.  We should be monitoring governments to a degree that would make Orwell himself blush.

6 hours ago, Argus said:

This was well publicized when it came out and I saw no contradiction from the usual left wing media

Just like the US, what's called 'left wing' media here is the same corporate sponsored crap as rightwing media! Only difference is it has a liberal veneer on social issues and maybe isn't locked at the hip to the oil industry.....which sure looks like a stupid gamble at this point in time!

Interest rates haven't gone up in a decade and are unlikely to be going up any time soon.

Oh they will! Because it's been the US Federal Reserve banks and central banks in the EU, Japan and other club members that have been flooding financial markets with near-free money, which has kept interest rates ridiculously low. For example, if the big investment banks like Goldman-Sachs get zero or near zero interest loans from the Fed, how much do they have to charge to earn a profit? But that game is coming to an end, and buyers of US and Euro debt are going to be demanding higher interest rates to take on the risk....just like they've done in Japan alreay.

America — where everyone can do whatever they want. The nation of liberties.. Always talking about the inequality in Turkey, Russia, Pakistan, China.. You name it. Isn't there a saying about cleaning your own backyard before pointing at those of others?

".....'The disparities that have plagued this city, this nation that are all about fundamental inequality are once again causing such pain and causing innocent people to lose their lives,' he said in a press briefing on April 8........" 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8231077/Black-people-NYC-TWICE-likely-die-coronavirus-white-people-data-shows.html

...... 'It's sick. It's troubling. It's wrong. The pain it's causing, the death it's causing, tracks with other profound health care disparities that we have seen for decades in this city.'.......

.........You know, it always seems that the poorest people pay the highest price.....

......... 'Ultimately, it's inequality that's the preexisting condition..."

I think we can factually say after three (3) modern centuries now that Inequality is in fact a, condition of Democracy, within any White-controlled society.

Whether the Democracy is Canada or the USA or Europe or Eurasia ... you're in trouble if you look like negros, you're in good shape if your skin is light. 

For example, the lowest level of hatred is contained in Canada and USA big media machines such as their mistreatment of negro advancements and breakthroughs versus how they constantly praise any Pop Culture goodies from us White people. Consider how USA/Canada big media machines always uplift Europe and Eurasia progress -----but then we are never told of realities like this:

https://m.guardian.ng/features/5-made-in-nigeria-cars-you-would-love-to-drive/amp/

Edited by Tdot

14 hours ago, Tdot said:

I think we can factually say after three (3) modern centuries now that Inequality is in fact a, condition of Democracy, within any White-controlled society.

Whether the Democracy is Canada or the USA or Europe or Eurasia ... you're in trouble if you look like negros, you're in good shape if your skin is light. 

For example, the lowest level of hatred is contained in Canada and USA big media machines such as their mistreatment of negro advancements and breakthroughs versus how they constantly praise any Pop Culture goodies from us White people. Consider how USA/Canada big media machines always uplift Europe and Eurasia progress -----but then we are never told of realities like this:

https://m.guardian.ng/features/5-made-in-nigeria-cars-you-would-love-to-drive/amp/

The above is a half assed translated script. Watch what happens when you do this:

14 hours ago, Tdot said:

...inequality is in fact a condition of democracy..

..within any White-controlled society....

... you're in trouble if you look like negros, you're in good shape if your skin is light. 

..mistreatement of negro advancements and breakthroughs ....

us White people...

Not hard if you want to decipher the spam and find out  who it is designed to incite.

Wannabee Kossaks..only they can't ride horses..just themselves.

Edited by Rue

On 4/11/2020 at 6:55 PM, Moonlight Graham said:

People can do whatever they wish with their own money.  It's theirs.  They can keep it all, burn it, save it, hoard it, spend it, invest it, give it all away.  Who cares.  It's none of our business.

It effects everyone - including you. You value the individual above the society. Individuals get all the freedom they want and the society becomes dysfunctional, to say the least, because the individuals act as though their behaviour does not affect others - and the society as a whole -, but it does.

On 4/10/2020 at 10:25 PM, Argus said:

No, I don't think that's true. I think that

I think that you're all triggered by my post implying you should do something about the present inequality. That's indirect criticism and you don't like it. That doesn't mean it's bad for you though.

46 minutes ago, Marocc said:

It effects everyone - including you. You value the individual above the society. Individuals get all the freedom they want and the society becomes dysfunctional, to say the least, because the individuals act as though their behaviour does not affect others - and the society as a whole -, but it does.

That's actually not true, I try to find some kind of balance between the individual and the collective good.  I'm fine taxing the rich more, and i'm fine taxing the very rich quite a bit more.  But I'm not going to order people to spend their money in a certain way.  I agree with what you say about too much individual freedom.

13 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

That's actually not true, I try to find some kind of balance between the individual and the collective good.  I'm fine taxing the rich more, and i'm fine taxing the very rich quite a bit more.  But I'm not going to order people to spend their money in a certain way.  I agree with what you say about too much individual freedom.

You are dealing with an extremist who doesn't have the ball to disclose his agenda. He is believes he was born superior to you. You waste your time.

1 hour ago, Marocc said:

I think that you're all triggered by my post implying you should do something about the present inequality. That's indirect criticism and you don't like it. That doesn't mean it's bad for you though.

And I think that like a lot of losers you don't want equality of opportunity, you want equality of results, to be elevated despite your lack of skills or abilities.

14 minutes ago, Rue said:

You are dealing with an extremist who doesn't have the ball to disclose his agenda. He is believes he was born superior to you. You waste your time.

You Jeuws and Mosloms are always fighting, leave me out of it yo.  You could be right on the other hand, whats the evidence though?

2 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

You Jeuws and Mosloms are always fighting, leave me out of it yo.  You could be right on the other hand, whats the evidence though?

Edited.

Moonlight I went back and edited responses to Tdot-maroc  because I was being offensive in anger...so ..phack me also...but do look back on the threads with Tdot. Lots of one time only names and trolling.  I see a repeat m.o . 

Edited by Rue

32 minutes ago, Rue said:

Who do you fight with...wait don'tctell me you are beyond conflict. You come from a  family tree of pacifists.  What evidence? The fact I can spell Jew and Muslim.

It's called reading and spelling and using common sense when someone trolls the  forum using the same m.o. time and time again.

Better still ask the source why it suddenly morphed into a tag team. Oh come on do I need to spell it out again? You Jeuws. This Jeuw knows the difference between  aMuslim and a posing Muslin wannabee troll extremist. This Jeuw thinks you do not.

This Jeuw says words speak for themselves..they  have disinct phraseology, rythm, frames of reference verbal and grammar errors and ,showwhen someone is inebriated, for example.  How many did "yo" have Mel. How about you now get in a car, drive, get stopped by the police and blame it on a Jeuw. Hic.  Oops another one slips up with his true feelings. Hic.

It was a joke, sorry to offend. I ain't go no issues with Jews or Rue.

On 4/18/2020 at 12:14 AM, Tdot said:

I think we can factually say after three (3) modern centuries now that Inequality is in fact a, condition of Democracy, 

I'll ignore the rest of your racist horseshit and just say: NO, inequality is NOT a condition of democracy; it's a condition of capitalism! And capitalism is more conducive to authoritarian government than it is to democracy. How else do you explain America's aversion to democratic movements in Latin America and the Middle East? And instead following a decades-long pattern same as the Brits- looking for the local potentate who can control his people and understand it's in his best interests to support the foreign colonialists!