Social Assistance/ODSP

Guest ProudConservative
Just now, Dougie93 said:

Well it's like they say Millennials thought they were going to come into the workforce and be able to take charge and lead.

Then they were disappointed to discover that the Boomers weren't going to let them be in charge of anything, they just wanted them to fetch coffee.

The army is what the Millennials were looking for, they sent me on my leadership course when I was only 19, the army is where young people are given a chance to lead.

Do you think boomers are condesending towards Millennials?

Guest ProudConservative
1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

Not necessarily, no.   Depends on the business model.

Well making a hierarchy based upon mutual respect and pride... instead of.... you go be my Bhitch mentality.

Guest ProudConservative

I can't really say,  I'm not a Millennial, I'm Generation X.    I have no quarrel with the Boomers though, they've never done me any harm.

My favourite generation is the world war 2 generation. Some who are still alive today.

51 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

Why can't you respect what he has to say? I don't agree with everything he says, but he makes the debate more interesting... Let him speak.

Dougie can speak freely.

I can speak freely.

Nobody promised anybody an adoring audience. 

Why do Conservatives demand free speech, and then try to deny it to others?  Lol 

It's like you are demanding that people agree. Lol

That's not the way free speech works. In fact, free speech is specifically the right to openly disagree ... and especially to dissent against government/state authority.

Edited by jacee

6 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

Well making a hierarchy based upon mutual respect and pride... instead of.... you go be my Bhitch mentality.

The military is perhaps not as hierarchical as you surmise, it operates under what is called Mission Command.

You are given a mission and told your commander's intent, and then you plan out how that is going to be done at your level, your share of the work.

So there is a chain of command, but you are in that chain of command and you are commanding your sub unit, so you're in charge of your own destiny.

Edited by Dougie93

Guest ProudConservative

The military is perhaps not as hierarchical as you surmise, it operates under what is called Mission Command.

You are given a mission and told your commander's intent, and then you plan out how that is going to be done at your level, your share of the work.

So there is a chain of command, but you are in that chain of command and you are commanding your sub unit, so you're in charge of your own destiny.

Where did Canadian soldiers kill the most people? What country during the 80's and 90's?

Just now, ProudConservative said:

Well Canada seems like a peaceful loving country, is Canada more dirty than the average person thinks?

I don't think it's dirty, I think it is a failed state which is degenerating into a totalitarian regime run by and for entrenched interest elites at the expense of everybody else.

Canada's peace and prosperity is entirely related to its proximity to and relationship with America.

For example if Canada was located next to the Chinese, like Hong Kong, Canada would have been invaded and subjugated by the Communists by now.

Canadian governance is actually atrocious, it is only America which  is propping this basket case up.

Edited by Dougie93

Guest ProudConservative
2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I don't think it's dirty, I think it is a failed state which is degenerating into a totalitarian regime run by and for entrenched interest elites at the expense of everybody else.

There's a missconception that Canadians are peacekeepers. Where did we Canadian troops kill lots of enemies?

1 hour ago, ProudConservative said:

At $14 an hour, no employeer is going to take a chance on someone who even appears schizophrenic. ...

We got to get rid of the minimum wage to help these people.

Nonsense. There's that punitive mentality again. You do comprehend that punishment and hardship inflicted on people is not a viable strategy toward improvement of anything? It simply compounds the problem, makes it more costly to our society. 

First, we have to increase minimum wage so that a person working full time can actually live on it.

Then we have to implement a guaranteed living income for all, that does not get clawed back as soon as you get some work: That would allow (eg) schizophrenics to work to the extent that they are capable of, and employers to provide employment on that basis, without the constant pressure of losing benefits and housing if employment ceases. Plus it saves huge bureaucratic costs in government staffing required for 'means testing', a revolving door of constantly pushing paper around in approving/rescinding someone's income support, housing and other social benefits.

A guaranteed income program makes it possible for everyone to go through life's setbacks (injury, illness, disability, mental illness or disorders, caring for aging parents/disabled pregnancy, childrearing, economic recessions/layoffs, etc etc) without becoming destitute or homeless, and thus still maintaining the strength to re-enter the workforce when feasible. 

The cost savings of a guaranteed living income are well documented, and the savings are at least 1.5 times the cost of providing that income. 

Edited by jacee

Guest ProudConservative
2 minutes ago, jacee said:

Nonsense. There's that punitive mentality again. You do comprehend that punishment and hardship inflicted on people is not a viable strategy toward improvement of anything? 

First, we have to increase minimum wage so that a person working full time can actually live on it.

Then we have to implement a guaranteed living income for all, that does not get clawed back as soon as you get some work: That would allow (eg) schizophrenics to work to the extent that they are capable of, and employers to provide employment on that basis, without the constant pressure of losing benefits and housing if employment ceases. Plus it saves huge bureaucratic costs in government staffing required for 'means testing', a revolving door of constantly pushing paper around in approving/rescinding someone's income support, housing and other social benefits.

A guaranteed income program makes it possible for everyone to go through life's setbacks (injury, illness, disability, mental illness or disorders, caring for aging parents/disabled pregnancy, childrearing, economic recessions/layoffs, etc etc) without becoming destitute or homeless, and thus still maintaining the strength to re-enter the workforce when feasible. 

The cost savings of a guaranteed living income are well documented, and the savings are at least 1.5 times the cost of providing that income. 

So that means, every citizen gets free money from the government, even if they don't work?