Why can't canada just be happy for america?

24 minutes ago, Armchairprophet said:

I don't hate Americans. I don't hate America the country, hell I even lived there for 4-5 years. I do hate America the institution and its horribly wretched hypocrisy though.

As for Alex, he's just as arrogant and ignorant as the Canadians he whines about. If you listen to him you'd think only Canada benefited from the unique relationship that both countries enjoy.

Canada serves America adequately as an obsequious crony and America will be taking bulk water exports from Canada, other than that though, Canada is basically a dependent, Puerto Rico North.

On 6/20/2019 at 1:32 PM, Dougie93 said:

Canada serves America adequately as an obsequious crony and America will be taking bulk water exports from Canada, other than that though, Canada is basically a dependent, Puerto Rico North.

Canada and the US take advantage of proximity and opportunity to trade with each other.  Canada without the US beside it would be much like Australia.  Have more faith in Canadians, who are a relatively highly skilled, well educated, and generous people.  Appreciate Canada and try to change what you can for the better or leave it.  Something tells me your military pension has been good to you and Wellington is a pretty good place to live.  

21 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Canada and the US take advantage of proximity and opportunity to trade with each other.  Canada without the US beside it would be much like Australia.  Have more faith in Canadians, who are a relatively highly skilled, well educated, and generous people.  Appreciate Canada and try to change what you can for the better or leave it.  Something tells me your military pension has been good to you and Wellington is a pretty good place to live.  

I signed the contract of unlimited liability and took the Queen's Schilling, and I fulfilled my obligations therein, bear in mind that I am not a veteran who in any way says that I have been hard done by, Her Majesty has been berry berry goo to me, nor do I have my hand out for anything other than what was stipulated in the contract, I have no complaints about how I was treated by the military, the Canadian military is, or at least was in my day,  the best fed, best housed, best trained and in fact most overpaid military in the world.

It's not all about me though, I would have traded in all the perks, if I thought it would have saved the military from being hollowed out.

As to Wellington County Upper Canada, it's Canadian Confederation which I despise,  I have no particular quarrel with Ontario, not even the taxes, as my wealth flows from capital not income, thus Ontario's excessive marginal income tax rates don't really bother me.

For me to have had the privilege to be a mere face in the ranks of Her Majesty's thin red line, was honestly a dream come true, but make no mistake, British armies are by definition mercenary armies, Canada is not a republic, the CF is not a people's liberation army,  and I never swore an oath to Canadian Confederation, which is and always was,  sub national to VRI & Pro Patria, to my Empress and Commander-in-Chief, at Buckingham Palace.

Edited by Dougie93

15 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I signed the contract of unlimited liability and took the Queen's Schilling, and I fulfilled my obligations therein, bear in mind that I am not a veteran who in any way says that I have been hard done by, Her Majesty has been berry berry goo to me, nor do I have my hand out for anything other than what was stipulated in the contract, I have no complaints about how I was treated by the military, the Canadian military is, or at least was in my day,  the best fed, best housed, best trained and in fact most overpaid military in the world.

It's not all about me though, I would have traded in all the perks, if I thought it would have saved the military from being hollowed out.

As to Wellington County Upper Canada, it's Canadian Confederation which I despise,  I have no particular quarrel with Ontario, not even the taxes, as my wealth flows from capital not income, thus Ontario's excessive marginal income tax rates don't really bother me.

With this country, I figure, the place needs work but has good bones.  

27 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

With this country, I figure, the place needs work but has good bones.  

I live to defend and uphold your prerogatives as an individual, I am simply exercising mine, to agitate for peaceful democratic self determination to succeed from Confederation at the sub sovereign level under the terms of the Clarity Act, which in no way conflicts with my oath to defend and uphold the British Crown in North America, as Her Majesty defends the right, which has been affirmed by rendered judgement of the Supreme Court of Canada as well.

These are after all the very bones you speak of, the bones on the Plains of Abraham, from 13 September 1759. Vive le Quebec, vive le Quebec libre.

Edited by Dougie93