Why Has Greg Abdicated His Responsibilities

mirror

What's going on with our moderator here at mapleleafweb?

He comes in and checks the postings regularly, so it is not as if he is unaware of the problem, but he allows certain posters, for example, Montgomery Burns and B Max to break the rules that he has posted and revises on a regular basis.

What seems to be the problem?

Maybe Greg is burnt out.

Perhaps we need a more impartial moderator than Greg.

And before all you folks on the right side of the political spectrum rush in to defend these garbage threads, you know very well if someone was using this kind of language to attack the right, you would be all over Greg if he allowed it.

My reason for starting this thread is it has now become a serious problem and we are losing decent posters, because of the inappropriate threads and postings that are now being allowed here, by our moderator at MLW.

Greg, we don't need you flipping out over this thread, we just would like an explanation from you as to why you are allowing this kind of behaviour, and for you to initiate some action, as this stuff goes against your rules here at MLW.

INSULTS

Insults are the ammunition of the unintelligent - do not use them. It is okay to criticize a policy, decision, action or comment. Such criticism is part of healthy debate. It is not okay to criticize a person's character or directly insult them, regardless of their position or actions. Derogatory terms such as "loser", "idiot", etc are not permitted unless the context clearly implies that it is not serious. Rule of thumb: Play the ball, not the person (i.e. tackle the argument, not the person making it).

Insults levelled at third-parties (companies, political parties, nationalities) are also forbidden in the forums.

The ugly hate-filled Left, Bush Derangement Syndrome running amok

The left outed once again, A despicable lot

Take a look at some of the comments from other posters in the News and Announcements Section here.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Greg is burnt out.

Perhaps we need a more impartial moderator than Greg.

Monitoring this forums is probably a 'side' job for Greg that he has to do after doing his real job. You should not assume he is available all of the time to monitor posts.

Have you sent a private message to Greg about Burns and Co? If not why are you posting a public criticism. He has stated that he wants people to send him a private message if the rules are broken.

No one is suggesating that Greg read every post.

Now let's deal with the reason for this thread

One of the two offending threads mentioning in the initial post here has now been up for 4 days.

The ugly hate-filled Left, Bush Derangement Syndrome running amok

Now that kind of language may be acceptable to you, but it is not to a lot of others.

No wonder we are losing good people, as they don't want to subject themselves to to it.

One of the two offending threads mentioning in the initial post here has now been up for 4 days.
4 Days that happen to overlap with a long weekend and the start of the school year. Most peopel have personal lives outside of MLW.

You still have not answered by question: did you send a private message to Greg?

Why not just leave it alone. The posters responsible for the fires are not too difficult to handle. Their excessive language makes them rather easy as one or two of the better posters have shown.

And, their "over-the-top threads have the rather surprising side benefit of beinging out some real political ideas in the correction and chastisement of the offenders.

Tawaskasm is a disappointment to me. He has obvious intelligence and power of expression yet he has always wanted the threads to be an academic debating society. More than that even. He wants posts to be peer reviewed papers.

That is not the real world: nor is it how non-academics conduct their political disagreements. Much of this is fun and I think Monty particularly does not really hold the positions he espouses so strongly as he expresses them. He couldn't unless he is a half wit. We did not all cut our teeth in University debating societies.

The forum has seen Mirror's constant hate-filled posts.

And yet when I post a thread called "The ugly hate-filled left, Bush Derangement Syndrome running amok", Mirror, incredibly, starts blubbering about how we need a "a more impartial moderator than Greg."

I suspect that Greg has not banned me (like you so obviously want) or deleted that thread (like you so obviosuly want) is because I gave nearly 2 dozen examples of the left's ugly hate-filled politizing of this tragedy. And I could have given another 2 dozen more - easily.

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING that I linked to was untrue.

But because you want to blame this on Bush (you even have the bloody nerve to drop a Michael Moore link to prove your "theory") and it was proven that the Democrat-laden state of Louisiana screwed up bigtime, you want Greg to ban me for daring to point this out.

Hardcore-leftists like you frighten me. You have no respect for debate, alternative views, i.e., truthful views, or anything that does not fit your world-view.

The thought of someone like you being in a position of power is scary.

I have a word to describe people like you, but I read Greg's "no-no" words and I will refrain.

And FYI, Greg once sent me an email about my posting of an entire op-ed on this forum; he said it was a copyright violation even though I gave the link. He requested I not do that anymore. I didn't entirely agree with him, but I respected his wish and have never done it since.

So it's hardly like we are in cahoots or anything...just in case you were going to bring up the "neocons-in-arms" theory.

Mirror, if you can't back your sh*t up (ye of the Michael Moore and Linda Quaig links), then don't go whining to the moderator and ask for your opponents to be banned. It comes across as being...

Don't go starting a thread about the moderator just because you get clobbered on nearly every thread.

Echo chambers are boring!

MIRROR :Three times SPARHAWK asked you a simple question.

You never did anser it.

A simple yes or no would suffice.

These periodic threads which pop up from time to time criticizing GREG's moderating lead to nowhere.

FYI, I certainly do not consider myself to be conservative, and for the most part I see little fault with the job GREG is doing.

He gives us free rein, and steps in when things get too badly out of hand.

Additionally, as someone pointed out above, we have just come off a long weekend.

You think someone who actually has a life is going to spend all his free holiday time presiding over a group who are supposedly adults, just to make sure no-one's feathers get ruffled???

I agree that there are some posters here who would rather whinge on from a partisan standpoint than from a logical one, and often some of these people drag a debate down to base levels of ugly slurs, but it's still better than many forums I've participated in.

Like all of us, I'm sure GREG has his faults.

But censoring or banning people based on his own political affiliation does not seem to be one of them.

If you need a reminder of this, two radically different ex-members, "THELIBERAL" and "CANADIANCONSERVATIVE" were banned within a week of each other.

Hardly a show of partisanship on GREG's part.

Hardcore-leftists like you frighten me.  You have no respect for debate, alternative views, i.e., truthful views, or anything that does not fit your world-view. 

Are you speaking to mirror or into one ????

Montgomery.... in all my time on this web, I've not seen another poster so brimming with hate and void of facts as yourself.

Burns, that thread was not appropriate at all and just because you found links that possibly indicated intolerance from leftists does not make it acceptable. If someone were to start a thread titled "Hate filled African-Americans" and used crime statistics (all true) to demonstrate this, it would not be appropriate. Why? Because you are depicting all people from this group as hate filled.

As well, how is someone supposed to refute the basis of the thread? Did you expect that people could prove you wrong by generating a link to a leftist's blog that demonstrated he is a really, really nice guy devoid of hate? Explain to me how anyone was reasonably expected to prove the left is not filled with hate? Talk about bias.

That thread was illogical, it was non-disproveable and it stereotyped an entire group of people. Ironically, it was about the left being filled with hate? WTF? I stated that it was improper a couple of times. I like political humour, rhetoric and sarcasm as much as the next guy, but some of these threads and posts are insane and turn off good posters. That is why Greg warned people to obey. So, when he gets back I assume a few people are gonna be punted.

I love the irony of Mirror starting this thread. If anyone deserves to be barred it is Mirror. (using the generic he as a pronoun here as a guess based on alphamale behaviour)

He has attacked people personally repeatedly.

He always steers off topic.

Repeatedly asks people to support their statements, yet offers no support for his and totally ignores it when they do.

Clearly got something against Greg.

Generally, a mean-spirited jerk who lowers the tone of the board.

Blatant agenda against the CPC without support. Repeatedly uses terms like CPC support is "in freefall" or "dropping like a stone", yet uses 2 1/2 month numbers from prediction sites to support himself.

Mirror, we get the point. Why bang your head against the wall here? This site isn't, and hopefully never well be, a site solely devoted to bashing the political centre and right in Canada. If that is what you want, why not go to rabble?

I love the irony of Mirror starting this thread. If anyone deserves to be barred it is Mirror. (using the generic he as a pronoun here as a guess based on alphamale behaviour)

I love the irony of you attacking another poster for violating MLW rules.

He has attacked people personally repeatedly.

He always steers off topic.

Yet more irony due to your previous statement on alphmale behaviour. He?

Burns, that thread was not appropriate at all and just because you found links that possibly indicated intolerance from leftists does not make it acceptable.  If someone were to start a thread titled "Hate filled African-Americans" and used crime statistics (all true) to demonstrate this, it would not be appropriate.  Why?  Because you are depicting all people from this group as hate filled.

As well, how is someone supposed to refute the basis of the thread?  Did you expect that people could prove you wrong by generating a link to a leftist's blog that demonstrated he is a really, really nice guy devoid of hate?  Explain to me how anyone was reasonably expected to prove the left is not filled with hate?  Talk about bias.

That thread was illogical, it was non-disproveable and it stereotyped an entire group of people.  Ironically, it was about the left being filled with hate?  WTF?  I stated that it was improper a couple of times.  I like political humour, rhetoric and sarcasm as much as the next guy, but some of these threads and posts are insane and turn off good posters.  That is why Greg warned people to obey.  So, when he gets back I assume a few people are gonna be punted.

The thread was appropriate because it was topical and showed the ugly side of the left - who were using dead people to further their political agenda.

As for your African-Americans comment, it is a strawman's arguement. And it wasn't me who suggested that Bush was laughing about ni**ers dying. The fact that you said nothing about, yet whined when I pointed out the ugly hate-filled reaction of the left regarding the Katrina tragedy, tells me more about you than I want to know.

People like you are scary. You want anything deleted or anyone censored who does not agree with your political agenda.

For all the yapping I hear about tolerance, I rarely, if ever, see it.

Oh, and Greg is back. And it appears that your wish of your opponents being "punted" turned into another fantasy, instead of reality.

Hardcore-leftists like you frighten me.  You have no respect for debate, alternative views, i.e., truthful views, or anything that does not fit your world-view. 

Are you speaking to mirror or into one ????

Montgomery.... in all my time on this web, I've not seen another poster so brimming with hate and void of facts as yourself.

That's rich - coming from someone who claims that there is no link between Al Qaeda and Saddam - and incredibly claimed that the US govt said so.

Indeed, all you seem to do is spout things that aren't true and spew your searing hatred on this forum.