Why Has Greg Abdicated His Responsibilities

mirror

MB, I just commented using sarcasm, you know the word well, in my response. And because the topic was about Greg, not about how you much you seem to love Bush. And you lecturing me about mean-spiritedness is rich. Could it be because I seem to disagree with your postion on just about everything. Check out some of your posts for examples of hateful rhetoric.

newbie you appear to be a reasonable dude. MB had to defend himself from mirror's mean-spirited little attack.

This thread hasn't been about following the rules of the board. This thread is about mirror spreading ever more hatred. MB was merely mirror's latest victim.

Poor, poor mirror. Lost in a fantasy land of star wars, too tight track pants and a couple inability to judge realistic political policies or economics at any level.

Keep up the good work greg!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is incorrect about calling the CBC, Canada's state-run, taxpayer-funded, Soviet-style news service?

C'mon. Are you serious? Maybe because:

1. It is not Soviet and not true. Therefore, it is meant as an insult to those who enjoy the CBC. It is inappropriate to call anything communist, fascist, Nazi like etc., except communists, fascists and Nazis. It is that simple.

2. It is sarcastic.

3. It lowers the overall intelligence of the board and its contributors.

4. It is against the rules.

Yet you were not offended by a poster on this forum who used the very offensive word Ni**er.
Argus said he could see others using this reference or thinking of African-Americans in such a racist fashion.

1. I said Soviet-style. And this is true. It is funded by the state and it promotes the Party who runs the state; it's former chairman resigned to run for the Liberal Party in BC; the state gets its Governor Generals from the CBC; it is anti-business, anti-Bush, and anti-rightwing.

2. It is not sarcastic; it is the truth.

3. It raises the intelligence of the board and its contributors by accurately pointing out the truth about the CBC.

4. No it isn't. It appears that anything that differs with your views is against the rules.....except when posters say things like, "I can just see President Bush sitting around with his southern friends and saying, in effect, "There ain't nothin' in New Orleans but niggers and nigger lovers", to a round of appreciative chuckles, and then purposely doing nothing. I bet that's how it happened."

You had no problems with that and your above attempt to whitewash it is weak. Indeed, you admitted that it crossed your mind that this was true.

What is incorrect about calling the CBC, Canada's state-run, taxpayer-funded, Soviet-style news service?

1. I said Soviet-style. And this is true. It is funded by the state and it promotes the Party who runs the state; it's former chairman resigned to run for the Liberal Party in BC; the state gets its Governor Generals from the CBC; it is anti-business, anti-Bush, and anti-rightwing.

2. It is not sarcastic; it is the truth.

3. It raises the intelligence of the board and its contributors by accurately pointing out the truth about the CBC.

1) When's the last time you listened to Radio Moscow ?? It's anti-Bush (You mean intelligent ??)

3) Raises the intelligence or the board ??... Your comments make a board sound more intelligent....

• Forum Admin

Sorry for the late reply, but to be completely honest with everyone - I just don't have the time to deal with this type of tripe. If you honestly believe I'm biased and that you're not getting a fair shake in these forum, then leave. No one is begging you to say, certainly not me.

I am also getting really really tired of all the insults, complaining, and partisan bickering that infests almost every thread in this forum. It has gotten to the point that I'm considering shutting the doors to this forum completely. As I've said before, my job description said nothing about babysitting a bunch of ignorant partisan hacks, who have nothing better to do than wreck it for everyone else.

So if a few of you find that suddenly your account is inactive over the next few days, you'll know that you're probably the hack that was indeed ruining it for everyone. If a few of you need to bite the dusk to save the integrity of the forum, then so be it.

Play time is over - this is a forum for serious political discussion, not childish tantrums and mud-slinging.