The Sad innocence of Lefties

Argus

I don't for a single second think these two girls are in any way responsible for what happened to them. They're not. The scum who murdered them are.

But they're victims of an absurdly ignorant society where people aren't taught reality. Instead reality is covered up with pablum and nice-sounding memes about how we're all brothers and sisters, and how we must respect all societies and cultures, and how we can't generalize about others in an unflattering way.

Did they have any idea how much resentment and dislike there is in the Arab world towards westerners? Probably not. Did they have a clue as to how blonde girls, especially those unaccompanied by men, would be seen by ignorant Arab peasants (I struggle to find an appropriate word for these men, described as 'herders' since calling them goat herders seems to make the Lefties heads explode). These people, many of them (not all) are as ignorant and unknown as their ten times removed ancestors.

Whether it's religious fanaticism of an Islam which considers women whorish sluts who must be controlled by men - or considers them open to abuse by any men wishing to do so - or the deeply misogynistic cultural value set of the Arab world, these two girls were going into a deeply dangerous part of the world full of barbarians and savages, and almost certainly had no clue about it. It's sad and stupid and wasteful that their society never taught them of what dangers they faced for fear of seeming rude or politically incorrect.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46632182

7 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Further to your point, I cannot fathom why any Canadian  would still be in China or why would someone would go to Iran. 

China holds the mystique of the far east, but is also normally a place where tourists, esp western tourists, are completely safe. I agree that I have no idea why anyone would go to Iran, especially blonde women. But the worst likely to happen to a blonde woman in China is she gets stared at a lot. Things are far different in the middle east.

I spent 3 weeks traveling around China and the people were nothing but friendly and happy to see Westerners.  Especially in the smaller places where they don't see Westerners much - they all want their picture taken with you or they hand you their babies to have their baby's picture taken with you, too.

Just now, Goddess said:

I spent 3 weeks traveling around China and the people were nothing but friendly and happy to see Westerners.  Especially in the smaller places where they don't see Westerners much - they all want their picture taken with you or they hand you their babies to have their baby's picture taken with you, too.

I've seen videos and testimony about this myself. On the other hand, it's kind of funny how they deal with blondes, especially in those areas that don't see a lot of westerners...

How Arabs treat blondes is considerably different, of course.

"Louisa Vesterager Jespersen, 24, from Denmark, and Maren Ueland, 28, from Norway, were found dead from knife wounds near a popular tourist spot."

What a load of sanitized BS! They weren't killed by "knife wounds". I've seen the video, their heads were brutally sawed off with large knives. In the video one of them is being held face down as the filth commences to cut into the back of her neck, after he starts they roll her face up and he continues cutting while another places his foot on the side of her head to hold her still. She tries moving her free arm and the one cutting it grabs her arm as he continues cutting. As she falls still he stands and starts hacking at her spine until he severs her head, he then holds it up and tosses it aside like a piece of trash. It's brutal and beyond vile, it makes me feel such rage that I can't find words to express it. Yet the media downplays it as "knife wounds". Too bad for them, thousands have seen the brutal truth.

This is the truth, but most will avoid the disgusting reality in order to remain safe in their self constructed denial of it. I'd gladly re-enlist in the CAF if they told me I could go and eliminate this kind of filth from the planet. The religion of peace, sure. F*ck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, AngusThermopyle said:

"Louisa Vesterager Jespersen, 24, from Denmark, and Maren Ueland, 28, from Norway, were found dead from knife wounds near a popular tourist spot."

What a load of sanitized BS! They weren't killed by "knife wounds". I've seen the video, their heads were brutally sawed off with large knives. In the video one of them is being held face down as the filth commences to cut into the back of her neck, after he starts they roll her face up and he continues cutting while another places his foot on the side of her head to hold her still. She tries moving her free arm and the one cutting it grabs her arm as he continues cutting. As she falls still he stands and starts hacking at her spine until he severs her head, he then holds it up and tosses it aside like a piece of trash. It's brutal and beyond vile, it makes me feel such rage that I can't find words to express it. Yet the media downplays it as "knife wounds". Too bad for them, thousands have seen the brutal truth.

This is the truth, but most will avoid the disgusting reality in order to remain safe in their self constructed denial of it. I'd gladly re-enlist in the CAF if they told me I could go and eliminate this kind of filth from the planet. The religion of peace, sure. F*ck!

I don't have the stomach to watch that sort of thing. I have no doubt it would feel exactly as you do and I don't need more stress in my life from being unable to do it.

And of course, in every account I've read the necessary apologetic words are used about how safe Morocco usually is for tourists because we wouldn't want to write anything that damages their tourist industry, now would we!? We don't want to stop more naive young women from flying over there on holidays to enjoy the lovely medieval atmosphere!

And anyone who suggests bringing a hundred thousand of these people over to Canada every year from places like Pakistan and Afghanistan and Iran and north Africa and swearing them in as citizens might be dangerous, or even that we might want to do some sort of values test to weed out the worst extremists is just evil beyond belief...

You don't have to be a so-called "leftie" or go to a Muslim country to be victimized if you are a female tourist.  There have been a number of reported attacks on women tourists in various nations that do not have Muslim populations.   And I am wondering how anyone would know the political affiliation of a victim in any case. 

10 Most Dangerous Places For Women Travelers (And How To Stay Safe)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurabegleybloom/2017/07/28/10-most-dangerous-places-for-women-travelers-and-how-to-stay-safe/#578d2bf52448

7 hours ago, Iznogoud said:

You don't have to be a so-called "leftie" or go to a Muslim country to be victimized if you are a female tourist.  There have been a number of reported attacks on women tourists in various nations that do not have Muslim populations.   And I am wondering how anyone would know the political affiliation of a victim in any case. 

10 Most Dangerous Places For Women Travelers (And How To Stay Safe)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurabegleybloom/2017/07/28/10-most-dangerous-places-for-women-travelers-and-how-to-stay-safe/#578d2bf52448

You're ignoring the difference between the danger of becoming a victim of crime when visiting a country notorious for high crime (ie, Jamaica, Columbia, Mexico) and visiting a country where one might be targeted for torture and death simply because of your race, nationality and religion, as was the case here. As to the political affiliation of the victims. Norway and Denmark are generally very progressive (left) countries in comparison to the US or Canada, and conservative people would be far less likely to abandon caution and go for a camping tour of a Muslim country, particularly if they were women and blonde.

Not only lefties visit nations that are possibly dangerous.  if they did then I took several cruises with a boatload of lefties to visit nations that were on the list I sent you.  I do remember wandering around Cartagena and noting the presence of numerous police armed with sub-machine guns although I did not see any in Morocco. 

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:37 AM, AngusThermopyle said:

The sad part about this whole thing is nothing will be learned about this whole event, Canadians will not stop traveling to almost every Muslim country, the apologists will wash this all away with it is just a few extremists....the cry's of BULLSHIT will be drowned out by snowflakes crying racist, ........this is for the most part their culture, this is for the most part normal behavior in countries such as Afghanistan, Pakistan, and many others countries that end in stan, …or have Muslim governments or are a majority has Islam as a religion....Our cultures are not compatible, there are oil and water.... neither are our morals,  values, cultural practices almost everything stands in the way of us or them seeing both on the same level playing field or as equals , thats not racist it's fact....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Iznogoud said:

Not only lefties visit nations that are possibly dangerous.  if they did then I took several cruises with a boatload of lefties to visit nations that were on the list I sent you.  I do remember wandering around Cartagena and noting the presence of numerous police armed with sub-machine guns although I did not see any in Morocco. 

Shit you can go down town Paris , Berlin, Frankfurt, Italy, most European countries today and see, police officers armed with assault rifles....

18 hours ago, Iznogoud said:

Noted. But I think you'd find it difficult to find a pair of young Scandinavian women who are conservative to begin with. And if you did I doubt they'd throw caution to the winds by sleeping alone in a tent in a risky third world country.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Army Guy said:

The sad part about this whole thing is nothing will be learned about this whole event, Canadians will not stop traveling to almost every Muslim country, the apologists will wash this all away with it is just a few extremists....the cry's of BULLSHIT will be drowned out by snowflakes crying racist, ........this is for the most part their culture, this is for the most part normal behavior in countries such as Afghanistan, Pakistan, and many others countries that end in stan, …or have Muslim governments or are a majority has Islam as a religion....Our cultures are not compatible, there are oil and water.... neither are our morals,  values, cultural practices almost everything stands in the way of us or them seeing both on the same level playing field or as equals , thats not racist it's fact....

One of the ongoing themes of those who defend mass immigration is the belief that since immigrants in the past assimilated, the ones who are coming now will too. Yet never in the past have we seen such a great number of immigrants from cultures so enormously different from ours - which are in turn reinforced by a religion which has not softened its harsh, violent view of morals in five hundred years.

• Like 1

I  think you have to go back well into  past, when most of our immigrant were white from European nations...while the other cultures banded together forming communities like china town, little Jamaica , or they gather around their religion such as Muslims, etc... Today I think all that happen was they left there home countries where life sucks , and moved here, bringing everything from there trouble countries here, customs, culture, religion, the list goes on....everything is reversed, now we have to assimilate so we don't offend anyone....when did all that happen...a lot of Canadians are just starting to ask those questions ….

Our politicians say we are a nation that was built by immigrants....which is true, when they did assimilate, they took on our national identity, adopted most of our culture, and brought with them a small slice of theirs yes i'm talking about the white Europeans.......Todays immigrants don't do any of that...Yes they abide by our laws when it suits them, they are Canadians of convince only because some liberal snow flake gave them a piece of paper that says I'm Canadian....and we are stuck with honoring that.....shit we let them go to other nations to take part in terrorist activates only to have them come back to take some bullshit poetry classes, OK it is not just poetry, they have coloring and arties fartsie stuff as well  .....or we pay them out 10, mil because other liberal snowflakes could not bear the thought of one of them  being left in gitmo….      

dddd

1 hour ago, Argus said:

One of the ongoing themes of those who defend mass immigration is the belief that since immigrants in the past assimilated, the ones who are coming now will too. Yet never in the past have we seen such a great number of immigrants from cultures so enormously different from ours - which are in turn reinforced by a religion which has not softened its harsh, violent view of morals in five hundred years.

The simplistic answer endorsed by  lefties is "Give the fanatics what they want and they will quit being fanatics."

But looking at history, IMO, religious societies are better at fighting for what they want than secular ones.  In a religious society, everyone is united in believing their duty is to something larger, to some "supernatural monitoring authority".  They will outfight and outlast a society who just wants the fuss to be over.  In societies united by religious belief, almost everyone will stand behind the fanatics.

This is hard for Westerners to fathom because for them - religion is just background noise in  society.  Yes, Western customs and holidays have been influenced by religion but it holds little influence in people's everyday lives.  I think this is why most people don't take Islamic extremism seriously.  They have no idea how deep and how far it can go.  Thus, the "Rainbows & Unicorns" thinking - the same immigrants causing problems in other countries will be different when they come HERE.

2 hours ago, Goddess said:

The simplistic answer endorsed by  lefties is "Give the fanatics what they want and they will quit being fanatics."

But looking at history, IMO, religious societies are better at fighting for what they want than secular ones.  In a religious society, everyone is united in believing their duty is to something larger, to some "supernatural monitoring authority".  They will outfight and outlast a society who just wants the fuss to be over.  In societies united by religious belief, almost everyone will stand behind the fanatics.

This is hard for Westerners to fathom because for them - religion is just background noise in  society.  Yes, Western customs and holidays have been influenced by religion but it holds little influence in people's everyday lives.  I think this is why most people don't take Islamic extremism seriously.  They have no idea how deep and how far it can go.  Thus, the "Rainbows & Unicorns" thinking - the same immigrants causing problems in other countries will be different when they come HERE.

The best evidence of this is when you point out the various things said in the Koran or Hadiths, or that so much of Islamic writings are on how to treat unbelievers - and how cruel much of that is. Yet for many secular westerners that is all nonsense. They will quote some arcane bit from the bible and say "See!? The bible has nasty bits too!" They simply cannot believe people in this day and age would actually support stoning adulterous women or hacking off hands or beheading blasphemers, despite evidence this is favored by the majority of the world's Muslims. Since they think the bible is nonsense they think the koran is nonsense. And since they have little respect for the silly bits in the bible they're convinced Muslims feel the same. Only the few rare 'extremists' believe that stuff.

But the Christian world went through the reformations. The Jews did too. Muslims never did. And it's hard to accomplish since all Muslim scholars agree the koran is the literal word of God, and thus cannot be denied or changed or ignored. Anyone who pipes up with a different opinion, like that Pakistani governor who opposed Pakistan's blaspheme law and was promptly assassinated by his own bodyguard.

6 hours ago, Argus said:

I suspect that Canada is a bit different from the European nations that are having trouble with immigration.  There are a number of reasons why immigrants from any country might settle here with less friction.  One is that Canadians are used to immigration; after all most of us started out that way either as original immigrants or the children of immigrants.  That makes Canadians a little more tolerant and accepting.  I remember seeing a table of teen girls at a local Tim Hortons.  One of them was blonde. another was of African origin, a third was East Asian, and the fourth was South Asian.  It seemed to me to be a perfect metaphor for the new Canada. 

Another factor is that Canada has an enormous mix of immigrants.  It is difficult for new arrivals to feel isolated when they are surrounded by millions of people who seem quite similar to them.  Just sit in any public place and watch the parade of nations walk by. 

For most European nations immigration in the numbers we are seeing today is quite unusual.  This can lead to friction between new arrivals and the original inhabitants.  I suspect this will all work its way out in the long run. 

• Tell a friend

Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    lahr

• phoenyx75 earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • lahr earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • lahr earned a badge
      First Post
    • User went up a rank