Bush to announce his choice for SCOTUS

Bush to announce court choice

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Bush has decided whom to nominate to succeed Sandra Day O'Connor on the Supreme Court and was poised to announce his pick in a prime-time Tuesday night address.

CNN

I'm hoping it's Janice Rogers Brown. *fingers crossed*

It will be another conservative hack judge who has little or no connection to life in today's America. The only reason Bush is moving up the date and announcing it today is to try and get Rove's exposing a CIA agent issue onto the media's back burner. Rove's day of reckoning is coming probably in October.

It will be another conservative hack judge who has little or no connection to life in today's America. The only reason Bush is moving up the date and announcing it today is to try and get Rove's exposing a CIA agent issue onto the media's back burner. Rove's day of reckoning is coming probably in October

I know, I know, conservative judges are hacks, blah, blah, blah. Actually, this has been the second longest wait between the time a vacancy on the Supreme Court has occured and a President has announced a choice to fill it. Of course they'll enjoy the timing, because it gives the press a real issue to cover instead of some non-criminal witch hunt they've been pursuing for the last week or so. Please don't hold your breath on Rove's day of "reckoning", I'm afraid you'll be very, very, disappointed. Especially since no crime has been committed.

On Right, Left, Time For Action

"We're saddened that President Bush has chosen the politics of conflict and division over bipartisan consensus," said Wade Henderson, executive director of the Leadership Conference on Civil Rights.

So Bush divides America once again. Unbelievable that this guy was given a second term as he really is a menace to the planet.

I'll wager that once Bush's crypto-fascist judges take their place and start enforcing their own radical agenda, the cries of "judicial activism" from the right will go silent. Instead of branding the court has a haven for looney liberal commie pinko feminazis, the right wing punditocracy will begin extolling the virtures of America's fair and balanced judiciary. And the contradiction will pass without comment.

conservative hack judge
So much for women having any say in the good ole USA!
he really is a menace to the planet
Bush's crypto-fascist judges

I'm sorry, but these types of statements don't invite honest intelligent discourse.

:rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but these types of statements don't invite honest intelligent discourse.

In other words "discussion on your terms".

Frankly I can't speak for the other poster, but I stand by my cyrpto-fascist line. It is a far superior descriptor of the dominant political ideaology in the United States today, far more accurate that "conservative". I don't know to what degree Roberts can be described as such, but his views on abortion and french fries would indicates he'lll fit right in.

I've been watching the progress of the nomination and review process in the news, and judging by what I've seen so far this guy should make it through without a filibuster. No one on the left has any serious concerns about him. Correction. No one on the left who actually has an opinion that matters (eg. is elected and isn't part of the Democratic miniority that have been driven insane by Bush fever) is concerned about him. I read a quote today from a Democratic strategist who described him as "the best stealth nomination I've ever seen". So much for trying to make a controversial issue out of this, guys.

Guest eureka

It is an extremely controversial issue and one that is votally imporrtant for America's path over the next twenty years or so. The man appears to be squeaky clean but he is also a darling of the "Right" and the religious Right.

That gives great cause for concern. If his views are as far Right as suspected, then teh USA could be set for the reversal of many of its social advances for a long time to come. This has to be considered in the light of the SCC being often merely an extension of administration policy.