Liberal Senator Supports Homolka

So now we have an unelected but Canadian taxpayer funded Liberal senator supporting Karla Homolka.

Of all the brain-dead activities that politicians have recently been engaged in, resulting in the Gomery commission, and the Ethics Commissioner investigating the Liberal vote-buying scandal, this one looks like it takes the cake.

Where do they get these people anyways? :ph34r:

Senator Biron is articulating a point of view that an elected individual could not. It takes a lot of courage for him to express such an unpopular view, and this is an argument in favor of having an unelected senate.

I believe he's completely wrong, however.

-k

Karla Homolka Receiving Moral Support From Liberal Senator

Karla Homolka has the support of at least one very important person in Canada - a Liberal senator. Michel Biron who represents the province of Quebec was in attendance at Holmolka's court hearing in Joliette, Quebec last week. The senator was sitting beside Holmolka's lawyer during the court appearance and at one point exchanged a slight smile with the convicted killer.

Great work senator! :ph34r:

Biron told CTV News he was not there as a senator; rather, that his presence there was "strictly personal."

Biron: "When I heard about the hearings, I decided to go to find out what was going on. I didn't have my Senate pins so the judge didn't know who I was."

A senator cannot appear at such a hearing and say that his presence is "strictly personal". I wonder whether a Senator can appear in any public place on a "strictly personal" basis.

There is no such thing as a part-time Senator. Senators can't have it both ways: all of the perks, but none of the responsabilities and duties.

So now we have an unelected but Canadian taxpayer funded Liberal senator supporting Karla Homolka.

Of all the brain-dead activities that politicians have recently been engaged in, resulting in the Gomery commission, and the Ethics Commissioner investigating the Liberal vote-buying scandal, this one looks like it takes the cake. 

Where do they get these people anyways?  :ph34r:

The same place they got the idiot government who made a deal so she'd get out at all. Shit what party was in power in Ontario when that happened? Oh Yeah the NDP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where do they get these people anyways?  :ph34r:

The same place they got the idiot government who made a deal so she'd get out at all. Shit what party was in power in Ontario when that happened? Oh Yeah the NDP!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought it was the judges that do the sentencing in Canada or am I mistaken here?

Do you even know who the judge was and who appointed he or she to the bench? Somehow I doubt it.

Nice drive by slur although sentencing is not what is being discussed on this thread.

It is this Liberal Senator's behaviour that is at issue here. Very, very bizarre to say the least.