Who'll be gone in four years?

August1991

Iraq is free not just because of the military skill of America and her allies but because of the political will of one man, who stuck to his guns against the opposition of the Eurocynics, the U.N. do-nothings, the Democratic Party weathervanes, the media doom-mongers, and the unreal realpolitik grandees of his own party -- the Scowcrofts and Eagleburgers. Three years on, Bush has not only not abandoned his axis of evil, he's sportingly offered to promote Syria to the vacant slot, made a pretty specific pledge of solidarity to the Iranian people, and served notice on the House of Saud and the thug Mubarak that they better get with the program.

Steyn in Chicago Sun Times

In case someone has not read this guy, a link provided.

Iraq is NOT free; they are still an occupied country.

Care to prove that? The iraqi government can ask the United States to leave anytime now...........but why would they?

Free oil for the USA maybe.

Do you have evidence to suggest that the United States is plundering Iraqi oil, without an exchange in either monatry compansation or a service?

Bush is the USA president; he has not been voted in anywhere to control the wolrds affairs.

Yes, but he was voted in to protect the best intrests of the United States as he deems fit........which I've yet to see him fail on.

Perhaps he should start minding his own damn business!!!!!

Ahh but he is..........point to a instance in which the United States "involved" itself in, well knowing full well that their actions would bare no results on themselves.

For that mater, name any country.

In the real world, might makes right.

Care to prove that? The iraqi government can ask the United States to leave anytime now...........but why would they?

You have a point there; why would they; "THEY" are all American picked political appointees. It is not a "FREE" election while the USA states that it would not tolerate an theocratic government. It should not be the USA approved only.

The Iraq invasion was illegal and all repairs to the infrastructure should be borne by the USA. Iraq is not back to what it was prior to the invasion.

Yes, but he was voted in to protect the best intrests of the United States as he deems fit........which I've yet to see him fail on.

That only allows him to lead the USA; it does not give him carte blanche in the rest of the world. That is a dictatorship to the world. That is not his democratic rights!!!!

Might does not make right; it makes the USA a bully and dictatorship to the rest of the world

You have a point there; why would they; "THEY" are all American picked political appointees. It is not a "FREE" election while the USA states that it would not tolerate an theocratic government. It should not be the USA approved only.

So you have evidence to prove that the people the Iraqis elected in last months vote are Amerian "political appointees"?

That only allows him to lead the USA; it does not give him carte blanche in the rest of the world. That is a dictatorship to the world. That is not his democratic rights!!!!

You are correct, the American elections don't give Bush "carte blanche in the rest of the world", the United States military does.

Again, might makes right.

To get back onto topic..........

Last week, I would have thought Khamanei to be a shoe in to go first, but with the recent bombing in Lebanon, which has possable ties with Syria (and the United States recalling it's embassy staff from Syria) I think the spread is even between Khamanei and Assad to go first and second.

As for the last three, I don't know much about Mubarak, but in all honesty, I doubt the Saudi Royal Family will go well Bush is in power..........after Bush goes, who knows who will be President......Could it be Rudy? McCain? Newt? the Govinator? I think it will all depend on what the World looks like at that time and how the next Republicain president will handle it.

As a side note, why didn't you include Kim Jong Il in that list? :huh:

the Govinator?
Would require constitutional change.
As a side note, why didn't you include Kim Jong Il in that list?
Wouldn't fit, didn't think of it.
I think the spread is even between Khamanei and Assad to go first and second.
Assad maybe, by coup. I'm not certain the coup victor would be an improvement.

the Govinator?

Would require constitutional change.

I thought i read about some bi-partsian lobby group trying to get that changed...apparenlty, the Dems have somebody in the same boat as Arnie? Boranko Bomber or Bommer :huh:

As a side note, why didn't you include Kim Jong Il in that list?

Wouldn't fit, didn't think of it.

Fair enough........I think I would bump Mubarak for Kim.......then again, I admit i don't know much about him.

I think the spread is even between Khamanei and Assad to go first and second.

Assad maybe, by coup. I'm not certain the coup victor would be an improvement.

With Reports of Syrian involvment in Iraq, I wouldn't be suprised if the United States, via the CIA and/or Mossad tried a decaption like strike. With that said, your point is still very vaild.

Is their any Syrian royal family in exile??? Any moderate Syrain "disadents" living abroad? Is their a lust for freedom among the Syrian youth, like how their is in Iran?

Bush will be gone in 4 years!!

Does anybody know of the clause that aloud FDR to stay for three terms? ;)

Stoker,

I think the person you are thinking of is BARACK OBAMA, but he was born in the USA.

Thats the one.......I thought he was born in the Africa. I guess i got him confused with omebody else.