NDP Leaders Son Looks Sketchy

1 hour ago, capricorn said:

I don't care what the politicians' kids look like or their tattoos and hairdos. It's the actions and policies of politicians that I examine.

So you do mind him wesaring a sextist tee shirt while out with his mother. I have posted that one. CU CREWBANGER. So she is either a idiot for letting him wear it or just as stupid for not knowing.

Edited by PIK

So... don't vote for her because she didn't understand her son's t-shirt ?  Okaaaay.

Meanwhile Renata Ford knows Doug better than almost anyone and states:

“Neither Doug Ford nor Randy Ford have the education and business ability to justify their employment as senior officers of Deco,” she alleges, adding that they carried out numerous “ill-advised acquisitions” of businesses and assets in New Jersey, Chicago and Ohio.

I guess we can ignore that statement ?  

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

So... don't vote for her because she didn't understand her son's t-shirt ?  Okaaaay.

Meanwhile Renata Ford knows Doug better than almost anyone and states:

I guess we can ignore that statement ?  

It shows a lot about her character, especially in this day and age when it comes to sextist remarks, sexual harassment and such. If it was the other side you would be all over it and of course the media. But they have no problem trying to scores pts over this lawsuit thingy. And of course your last statement you just made.

Edited by PIK
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, PIK said:

It shows a lot about her character, especially in this day and age when it comes to sextist remarks, sexual harassment and such. If it was the other side you would be all over it and of course the media. But they have no problem trying to scores pts over this lawsuit thingy. And of course your last statement you just made.

Would I say something if Doug Ford's kid wore, say, a Guns N Roses t-shirt ?  No.  

Of course.. the media.  That's the go-to villain for such things.  So unfair.  Ignore the fact that Ford Nation happily ignored the large and still-unsolved list of crimes that they were involved in.  Ignore the fact that Doug's criminal past was barely a side note in this election.  The media.  Right.

The lawsuit thing is, of course, more notable than a t-shirt.

Just now, Michael Hardner said:

Would I say something if Doug Ford's kid wore, say, a Guns N Roses t-shirt ?  No.  

Of course.. the media.  That's the go-to villain for such things.  So unfair.  Ignore the fact that Ford Nation happily ignored the large and still-unsolved list of crimes that they were involved in.  Ignore the fact that Doug's criminal past was barely a side note in this election.  The media.  Right.

The lawsuit thing is, of course, more notable than a t-shirt.

Seriously?

4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Yes.  An adult family member has asserted incompetence and malfeasance.  You don't want that reported ?  Seriously ?  Put the t-shirt on the front page ?

My "seriously" comment was directed at your comment re: " Ignore the fact that Ford Nation happily ignored the large and still-unsolved list of crimes that they were involved in.  Ignore the fact that Doug's criminal past was barely a side note in this election.  The media.  Right."

I guess it's pointless with discussing the NDP stuff eh?

1 minute ago, angrypenguin said:

I guess it's pointless with discussing the NDP stuff eh?

Yes, well it is thread drift but my point is that pointing out the kid's t-shirt as having a rock band with questionable lyrics is questionable.  I'm sure other politicians' kids wear t-shirts like that... it's about the kid's tats and piercings and his overall look.  I say who cares.  If the kid sports a Stalin t-shirt come talk to me then.

Just now, Michael Hardner said:

Yes, well it is thread drift but my point is that pointing out the kid's t-shirt as having a rock band with questionable lyrics is questionable.  I'm sure other politicians' kids wear t-shirts like that... it's about the kid's tats and piercings and his overall look.  I say who cares.  If the kid sports a Stalin t-shirt come talk to me then.

Agreed.

Young people in their late teens and early 20s often act in such a fashion as to appear to reject the values and priorities of their parents. If that's the case here, it presents Horwath as a pretty conventional parent. When I was a teen and young adult, my parents allowed me have long straggly hair (hey, it was the 70s!) and run around in T-shirts sporting rude slogans. And I still somehow finished university and worked for decades in the real world. Funny how that turned out, eh?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PIK said:

So you do mind him wesaring a sextist tee shirt while out with his mother. I have posted that one. CU CREWBANGER. So she is either a idiot for letting him wear it or just as stupid for not knowing.

He can wear any tee shirt he wants or no tee shirt at all. I don't care. What I care about are Horwath's policies. Others may react differently. That's their prerogative.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Yes.  An adult family member has asserted incompetence and malfeasance.  You don't want that reported ?  Seriously ?  Put the t-shirt on the front page ?

But to be fair, this adult in-law of the family is alleged to have serious substance abuse problems herself - which is hardly a surprise given who she was married to. She is alleging poor performance at the family company but you yourself posted an assessment by others who say Doug Ford did a good job running the company.

I see it as a good indicator of her leadership skills, because no parent in their right mind would let their kid get tattooed like that. Well if you want to destroy Ontario's economy, go ahead vote NDP, but not all of us want to see more people on Welfare. The province is already broke.

1.png

If you want quality information, facts and details, than watch this video.

I'm an environmentalist and i'm voting conservative, because I don't want to see Ontario end up like Greece.

Edited by Robert Greene

Yes, attack parents of people with tattoos. Good strategy. Meanwhile, Ford fought hard and dirty to keep a crackhead mayor in power, thereby enriching his company with questionable schemes and enabling his brother's bad lifestyle till he died.

But her kid has tattoos!

16 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Yes, attack parents of people with tattoos. Good strategy. Meanwhile, Ford fought hard and dirty to keep a crackhead mayor in power, thereby enriching his company with questionable schemes and enabling his brother's bad lifestyle till he died.

The reports I read suggested Doug was honestly flabbergasted when the accusations turned out to be true about his brother's coke habit.

2 minutes ago, Argus said:

The reports I read suggested Doug was honestly flabbergasted when the accusations turned out to be true about his brother's coke habit.

I believe this.  I actually believe Rob Ford's ridiculous claim that he was in one of his drunken stupors.  He was just a sad wreck of a man who would do anything.  It's a shame, as he had a talent in connecting with people, and leading but he didn't have the character, empathy, or mindset to succeed.

25 minutes ago, Argus said:

I doubt he is gullible enough that he didn't believe it even after there were journalists reporting they saw the video firsthand. If that were the case, you'd think he would have been mortified for calling the journalists liars. He didn't even apologize.

2 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

... you'd think he would have been mortified for calling the journalists liars. He didn't even apologize.

Yes, that's is the vaunted personal accountability that we hear about in Conservatives.  ie. we hear about it, but we don't see it

A crack addict in a suit is nowhere near as bad as a scary looking teen in a black t-shirt, to bring it back to this thread.

58 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

I doubt he is gullible enough that he didn't believe it even after there were journalists reporting they saw the video firsthand. If that were the case, you'd think he would have been mortified for calling the journalists liars. He didn't even apologize.

Doug Ford!?