Shorting TSLA; the Hollywood/Obama Bubble

August1991

I reckon that the Internet has shown that the cool kids are like the Emperor: he has no clothes.

I bought several puts on TSLA at 295 for 24 November, very risky. Sold some at profit, still have others.

I generally don't get involved in such choices; I'm a buy/hold saver/investor. But TSLA is just too obvious.   

Edited by August1991

Well you better hope the share price drops some in the next few days cause the time-value of your puts is decaying quick with just 20 days to go. 

Personally, I bought some Tesla shares back in 2014 and so far I've gotten 2x on my investment (though I haven't sold any shares as yet so no gains are locked in). 

Edited by Charles Anthony
deleted re-copied Opening Post

On 11/4/2017 at 2:59 PM, H10 said:

I'm wth Bnam, I bought tesla at 130 a share, last I checked it was in the 300+ range so I made more than 2x as well, they are expanding and on the cusp of a major breakthrough in China, its really going to be huge.

So, you're a kid who sits beside Clooney/Spacey. So far, you're rich.

Like tulips, you have selfies with Leonardo.

But with such an "investment", timing is critical. Tesla? Spacey? When to sell/leave?

====

I've made my money from this Tesla/DeLorean/South Sea bubble.

I've closed my positions; I'm not greedy.

====

But I still have several puts at 295 for TSLA, delivery 27 November, bought them at about 6$. Good fun.

Edited by August1991

On 11/5/2017 at 7:13 PM, August1991 said:

So, you're a kid who sits beside Clooney/Spacey. So far, you're rich.

Like tulips, you have selfies with Leonardo.

But with such an "investment", timing is critical. Tesla? Spacey? When to sell/leave?

What in the blue hell are you on about this time?

What in the fizzityuck does Tesla have to do with Kevin Spacey or Leonardo or selfies? 

-k

• Like 1

On 11/13/2017 at 12:45 AM, kimmy said:

What in the blue hell are you on about this time?

What in the fizzityuck does Tesla have to do with Kevin Spacey or Leonardo or selfies? 

-k

Leonardo di Caprio is a cool guy, owns a Tesla. And Kevin Spacey was once a cool guy - now, not so much.

Elon Musk, (Tesla), is also a cool guy  - now. But Tesla/Musk is burning through about $1 billion per quarter.

In March 2018, heck - well before, we'll know whether Musk is a Spacey, a di Caprio - or, uh, even a Jimmy Stewart.

=====

Kimmy: The Hollywood Emperor/So-Called Progressive Has No Clothes.

Monsieur Fizzityuck aka August1991

Edited by August1991

3 hours ago, August1991 said:

Kimmy: The Hollywood Emperor/So-Called Progressive Has No Clothes.

Crystal clear now, Auguste: what you are saying is that ones politics decides if one is cool, and people who commit sexual assault are Democrats.  This proves that Roy Moore is innocent, because if he were guilty he'd be a Democrat like Bill Clinton.  Further to that, this rule is informative to get us to the heart of scandals such as the Russia matter: Trump (a Republican) is innocent and his team is being set up,  while Hillary Clinton (a Democrat, who "gave" all of the American uranium supply to Russia) is guilty.

Let's all smoke our pipes in self-satisfaction in three... two... one.... NOW.

On 11/16/2017 at 7:30 AM, Michael Hardner said:

Crystal clear now, Auguste: what you are saying is that ones politics decides if one is cool, and people who commit sexual assault are Democrats.

Fer gawdsakes, Charlton Heston was once more cool than Tom Cruise. George Clooney? ("Everyone wants to be Cary Grant! Heck, even I want to be Cary Grant.") In his awshucksTomHanksway, Ronald Reagan was, well, Jimmy Stewart.

What is the expression? Washington is Hollywood for ugly people.

=====

Well, one of Quebec's older dilettante lawyer/politicians - collège classique - decided to marry/have children with an attractive very young anglophone, crazy daughter of a federal Liberal bagman, Senator.  The rest, as they say, is history.

Edited by August1991

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Amazing that TSLA has jumped from $250 to about $300 in a few days - yet, at $300, its market cap is $50 billion.

Such volatility in a small cap is understandable; at $50 billion, I reckon that it's maybe a signal of older investors going through an existential crisis. People born between 1940-1970 (so-called boomers) now rule the stock market - and they think they're still young. 

Meanwhile, the p/e of NYSE.F is now 6.21. Go figure.

Edited by August1991

• 3 years later...
On 12/12/2017 at 8:33 PM, August1991 said:

Returning to the topic, TSLA is now at $340 with a market cap of $57 billion.

NYSE.F has a p/e of 11.4.

=====

Many people once thought that Charlton Heston was a "cool" guy.   

TSLA is now at $1033 with a market cap of over $1 trillion (that's over $1,000 billion).

NYSE.F has a p/e of about 27.

And people are talking about inflation.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Months, years on: TSLA share price rises.

And some people say Bitcoin should be part of a portfolio.

=====

IMV, Elon Musk is a smart guy but he's no Steve Jobs or even a Bill Gates.

Jobs and Gates did not require govt subsidies/bonds at low interest to develop their product.

Musk has all the makings of a 21st century grifter. Like Bitcoin. A Delorean, South Sea Bubble.