This forum and its policies

marcus

I posted a thread, linking to Haaretz, one of the largest Israeli/Jewish news outlet. I even repeated their own article title.

Charles Anthony took the thread down and gave me a warning with the following:

Note for member

Your post was taken down because it is nothing but an inflammatory drive-by attempt to stir up shit. 

White Nationalist Richard Spencer Gives Israel as Example of Ethno-state He Wants in U.S.

This is not the first time that Charles Anthony has taken down a thread or my posts, when criticizing Israel or Zionism.

I am curious about the forum policies and politics. 

My reason for posting the thread was to simply point at Israel's racist policies and culture. This topic might anger some posters on here who are supporters of Israel and Zionism, but many other threads and topics could anger others.

I find it somewhat odd that an article and a topic from an Israeli news outlet is censored on this forum, while there are hundreds of threads and posts on this forum which are left alone that could easily be deemed as 'inflammatory' to other religions, namely Islam.

The only difference here is that the threads and posts that criticize Islam/Muslims religion and culture are left alone while there is a heightened sensitivity when it comes to posts and threads that point to racist policies and culture of Israel and the Zionist ideology. 

Does this forum want to champion free speech or is the politics of the forum admin getting in the way of that?

Get help from somebody-you-trust in real life. 

Ask that person to review the forum rules and guidelines that state: 

Posting Content

All posts must contain some aspect of an argument or attempt to stimulate discussion. Simply posting a URL to an outside source or posting statements that are only one or two sentences long will not be tolerated and the post will be deleted. In addition, use the search feature to ensure that the topic you are posting is not already being discussed somewhere else in the forums.

and then show that person what you posted. 

Afterwards, ask that person:  "So, how am I doing?  Did I get this right?"

I am posting this because the administrator closed the thread, without giving me a chance to respond. 

For the sake of clarity, and if anyone is interested in following what has happened, here it is what was said:

I posted a thread, linking to Haaretz, one of the largest Israeli/Jewish news outlet. I even repeated their own article title.

Charles Anthony took the thread down and gave me a warning with the following:

Note for member

Your post was taken down because it is nothing but an inflammatory drive-by attempt to stir up shit. 

White Nationalist Richard Spencer Gives Israel as Example of Ethno-state He Wants in U.S.

This is not the first time that Charles Anthony has taken down a thread or my posts, when criticizing Israel or Zionism.

I am curious about the forum policies and politics. 

My reason for posting the thread was to simply point at Israel's racist policies and culture. This topic might anger some posters on here who are supporters of Israel and Zionism, but many other threads and topics could anger others.

I find it somewhat odd that an article and a topic from an Israeli news outlet is censored on this forum, while there are hundreds of threads and posts on this forum which are left alone that could easily be deemed as 'inflammatory' to other religions, namely Islam.

The only difference here is that the threads and posts that criticize Islam/Muslims religion and culture are left alone while there is a heightened sensitivity when it comes to posts and threads that point to racist policies and culture of Israel and the Zionist ideology. 

Does this forum want to champion free speech or is the politics of the forum admin getting in the way of that?

Here is Charles Anthony's response:

Get help from somebody-you-trust in real life. 

Ask that person to review the forum rules and guidelines that state: 

Posting Content

All posts must contain some aspect of an argument or attempt to stimulate discussion. Simply posting a URL to an outside source or posting statements that are only one or two sentences long will not be tolerated and the post will be deleted. In addition, use the search feature to ensure that the topic you are posting is not already being discussed somewhere else in the forums.

and then show that person what you posted. 

Afterwards, ask that person:  "So, how am I doing?  Did I get this right?"

Then he locked it.

Charles Anthony:

Your initial reason for deleting my thread was different than what you are posting here:

How often have you allowed what could be seen as inflammatory anti-Muslim threads and posts go? The answer is often. Take one look at this forum and the numerous posts. I'm a privileged white guy and I do find many posts and threads to be inflammatory, let alone someone who might be Muslim. 

Unfortunately, your inconsistency in your responses and how you approach people on this forum is a problem. If I leave this forum, nothing will change, but I do wonder if your inconsistency and the censorship, considering that you are facilitating a platform for so-called free speech, bothers you at all.

1 hour ago, marcus said:

Charles Anthony:

Your initial reason for deleting my thread was different than what you are posting here:

How often have you allowed what could be seen as inflammatory anti-Muslim threads and posts go? The answer is often. Take one look at this forum and the numerous posts. I'm a privileged white guy and I do find many posts and threads to be inflammatory, let alone someone who might be Muslim.

The most consistently inflammatory threads seem to be coming from a Muslim. That does not bother you, evidently.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Argus said:

The most consistently inflammatory threads seem to be coming from a Muslim. That does not bother you, evidently.

I rarely reed or respond to Altai, if that is who you are referring to. I am all for free speech, even if it's speech that may be deemed inflammatory.