America turning FEWER people at the border since Trump became President

10 minutes ago, Wilber said:

It had also cost the US travel industry an estimated 185M by the end of February.

Stopping more illegals and deporting the rest will cost a lot more than that.  

Admissible Canadians are still traveling to the U.S. for the same reasons they always have.

5 minutes ago, Wilber said:

At this rate, the policy Trump can't even get into law will cost the US travel industry over 1.1B by the end of the year. The guy is a genius.

Wow...$1.1B ?    That must be serious money....in Canada.

President Trump is doing the Canadian economy a favour.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

2 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Wow...$1.1B ?    That must be serious money....in Canada.

President Trump is doing the Canadian economy a favour.

Could be if you make your living in the industry or your business depends on tourism. Of course that number doesn't include lost tax revenue.

3 minutes ago, Wilber said:

Could be if you make your living in the industry or your business depends on tourism. Of course that number doesn't include lost tax revenue.

Still no reason to let foreign national perps into the country.   I'm sure their travel spending would be appreciated in Cuba or Iran just as much.

'Course, that means paying higher air fares...no more cheaping out at U.S. airports.

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Still no reason to let foreign national perps into the country.   I'm sure their travel spending would be appreciated in Cuba or Iran just as much.

'Course, that means paying higher air fares...no more cheaping out at U.S. airports.

I'm sure US airlines will appreciate that sentiment as they just hate foreign business coming their way. Hotels as well.. Odd for someone allegedly in the hotel business. Maybe a few coal miners might get some jobs to make for some of it.

6 minutes ago, Wilber said:

I'm sure US airlines will appreciate that sentiment as they just hate foreign business coming their way. Hotels as well.. Odd for someone allegedly in the hotel business. Maybe a few coal miners might get some jobs to make for some of it.

Airlines don't like fare jumpers or those who break fare to get a cheaper flight. 

The U.S. doesn't exist for Canadian travel convenience on interstates or airlines.

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Airlines don't like fare jumpers or those who break fare to get a cheaper flight. 

The U.S. doesn't exist for Canadian travel convenience on interstates or airlines.

OK, so US carriers and hotels do business with foreigners out of charity. How nice of them.

1 minute ago, Wilber said:

OK, so US carriers and hotels do business with foreigners out of charity. How nice of them.

They do business with legally admitted travelers, and don't get to set U.S. border policy.   

Too many of them give safe harbour and employment to illegals, depressing wages for Americans and legal residents.

Stop that crap right at the border.

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

They do business with legally admitted travelers, and don't get to set U.S. border policy.   

Too many of them give safe harbour and employment to illegals, depressing wages for Americans and legal residents.

Stop that crap right at the border.

Actually, they do the business when they are still outside your border. That's why fewer of them are doing the business.

On 3/28/2017 at 5:16 AM, Boges said:

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/fewer-canadian-travellers-blocked-at-u-s-land-border

I feel bad, because I was caught up in anecdotal stories about people getting turned away for no reason. 

We have organizations like the Girl Guides and the Toronto District School Board cancelling trips to the US because they fear some minority person getting singled out by the evil Trump fuelled border patrolman. 

Clearly there is absolutely no evidence this is happening. The media made this a story by focusing on anecdotes and blaming it on Trump's attempt to have travel bans to other country. They should be ashamed of themselves. 

I don't think refusal rate of Canadians is an issue here. These numbers aren't relevant.  I would be more interested in seeing 

1. Refusal rates of non-white people entering the US: Racism Index

2. Refusal rates of muslims entering the US: Islamophobia Index

14 hours ago, Charlie said:

I don't think refusal rate of Canadians is an issue here. These numbers aren't relevant.  I would be more interested in seeing 

1. Refusal rates of non-white people entering the US: Racism Index

2. Refusal rates of muslims entering the US: Islamophobia Index

That's not denoted in the statistics but classification for denials could be released but isn't.

Denials for criminal charges (ie. pot and DUIs) and suspected labour infractions have gone down but denials because of country of origin have increased.

Figures lie and liars figure.

• Like 1