"It's Canada's fault!"

The lawyer for 17 asylum seekers who crossed the prairies from the USA to Manitoba - two of whom had lost fingers to frostbite - had stated in an interview with CBC this morning, that Trudeau must change the US-Canada Third Country Agreement.

Canada-U.S. Safe Third Country Agreement

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/laws-policy/menu-safethird.asp

This lawyer said that it's Canada's fault that these refugees had lost their fingers! 

He'd just said that in an interview with CBC news anchor this morning, I can't find any link to support that. 

He represents 17 asylum seekers - most if not all from Ghana, who'd lost their bid for asylum in the USA, and are awaiting deportation.  Six of them are homosexuals, who could face death in Ghana. 

The blame being put on Canada sure made me all warm and fuzzy, and feeling so welcoming.  The nerve.

So, it's Canada's fault that these folks had chosen to brave the Manitoba prairies in the middle of winter, and two had lost  some of their fingers?   What does this mean for us?  We'll be faced with the expenses of lawsuits, and possible compensations later on? 

Boy.....

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

Yes...it is game on now.   We're gonna see just how much Trudeau and Canada love all the poor refugees of the world.

This way to Canada folks...good luck !

eric-kuhn.JPG

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/informal-network-helping-refuge-seekers-get-to-manitoba-u-s-officials-say-1.3971636

Edited by bush_cheney2004

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Yes...it is game on now.   We're gonna see just how much Trudeau and Canada love all the poor refugees of the world.

This way to Canada folks...good luck !

eric-kuhn.JPG

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/informal-network-helping-refuge-seekers-get-to-manitoba-u-s-officials-say-1.3971636

Trudeau refuses to scrap the US-Canada agreement.  Mind you, I can understand why.....but his decision surely contradicts this stupid tweet.

Justin Trudeau Verified account @JustinTrudeau

To those fleeing persecution, terror & war, Canadians will welcome you, regardless of your faith. Diversity is our strength

#WelcomeToCanada

The Trudeau government has rejected calls to scrap an agreement that prevents asylum seekers who enter from the U.S. from seeking refuge in Canada — a move experts say ignores the reality on the ground.

https://news.vice.com/story/canada-rejects-calls-to-scrap-safe-third-country-agreement

Any asylum seeker who'd crossed Manitoba prairies  after Trudeau's tweet.....can surely put all the blame on Trudeau!

He'd issued an invitation - and these asylum seekers, refugees had taken him up on his offer!  They took all the risk of crossing the prairies because they believed Trudea's promise!

I think the lawyer has a point.

Edited by betsy

People will cross the oceans by whatever means they can - and business for smuggling people out of nations in leaky boats, will be booming.  Refugees and all asylum-seekers are  expecting a warm welcome in Canada.  We can't blame them.  It's a matter of survival for a lot of these people.

If Trudeau can't keep his promise to all those fleeing persecution and war, he's placing a lot of people in danger.........

..........over nothing.

I think Trudeau will have to retract that invitation.  It's going to bite him in the a**, big-time.  It's just a matter of time.

Edited by betsy

3 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I'm thinking about making some extra cash driving these illegals up to the Canadian border.  

I will include free hand and toe warmers as part of the package.

Why not simply convince your so called president to read, understand, and abide by your constitution. I understand that won't be easy given his reading skills, but it might save a lot of time and effort, not to mention funds if the courts don't have to continuously monitor and correct him. 

17 minutes ago, Omni said:

There seems to be a number of parts of the constitution he either fails to grasp or is simply unaware of, but specifically here I refer to the "Establishment Clause".

Never mind deflecting!  CITE!

I can cite you the part that gives him the power and authority to deny entry to any aliens he deemed necessary to deny entry to.

Federal immigration law also includes Section 1182(f), which states:

“Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate” (emphasis added).

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/444371/donald-trump-executive-order-ban-entry-seven-muslim-majority-countries-legal

EXECUTIVE ORDER: PROTECTING THE NATION FROM FOREIGN TERRORIST ENTRY INTO THE UNITED STATES

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/01/27/executive-order-protecting-nation-foreign-terrorist-entry-united-states

Edited by betsy

3 minutes ago, Omni said:

That's irrelevant!   Not all people practicing Islam religion are facing banning.

It's not the religion that's being banned.  It's people who come from those hot spot countries!

Trumps’ Executive Order is not against Muslims, says UAE Foreign Minister

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Omni said:

Well then another one if you can't understand that one is the "non decriminalization clause" of the ina. 

:rolleyes:

I perfectly understood, but you can't seem to see that the ban isn't about religion.  It's been explained in simple terms.  Can't get any simpler than that.

What is that?  Explain, and support your claim with something credible.

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

Man this story aint is only gonna get worse.

What you see coming across into Canada are people who have paid coyotes, aka people smugglers to get them to Europe, the US, wherever. They are not refugees in the political sense. They lie. They lie and make up stories. They lie because they know they won't qualify for immigration status.

Canada has to make some hard choices. Its nice to say, take in everyone. But can we or do we set such people up for failure? What is happening today at this moment is that organized criminals will now make millions bring people to the Canada border. Its time the CBC, CTV, that rag Toronto Star stop portraying people as hero refugees escaping persecution. All they do is hold up a flame for moths. It simply sends a signal to other starving people to come. Its called opening the floodgates. It is cruel. Its causing a stampede for the smugglers to make money from.

These coyotes loved it when the dead baby washed up. It meant more business for them. It meant justification for exploiting victims. They told their captive audience, the bay makes them cry for you, go! That is reality.  What do you think happens once the inevitable dead frozen baby story surfaces?

The media is already running stories of frozen Africans in hospitals with limbs marred by frostbite.Now what? What the hell do you think happens to that African with no toes? First thing he will do is apply for benefits and bring his family. Do any of you liberals plan to feed him and sponsor him and his family for life because he won't be working. He'll be on disability. Been there, done that, seen it. Its called the court system. Burned out liberals who once thought they would save the world make the most miserable of bigots once these same migrants line up swamping the system asking for benefits.. Me? I know how the legal system works. Its broken down. It can't provide legal aid. It is providing housing to these migrants while Canadians are living homeless and aboriginals are engaging in mass suicide. Its not a nice picture asking-who do you save or help is it?

I have travelled enough to camps in the Middle East  see how stomach parasites work and slowly kill. I get maggots and flies and rats and cholera, and the stench of  impacted bowels. Know that smell. The smell of pus or rotting flesh or gangrene or death or near death, it never leaves your nose. So what would you like me to say that we can save such people? The reality is so many who really need help are dying and any you think we can save well..we will soon have to make cold hard difficult decisions about such as do we turn people away the same reason most of you now do when you walk in a crowded city and now  don't give every single person who asks you for money, money. 

Edited by Rue
  • Like 2

On 2/9/2017 at 9:48 AM, Omni said:

Why not simply convince your so called president to read, understand, and abide by your constitution. I understand that won't be easy given his reading skills, but it might save a lot of time and effort, not to mention funds if the courts don't have to continuously monitor and correct him. 

You don't understand the Constitution.  You're simply parroting what you've read from anti-Trumps!

Cite where exactly did he go against the Constitution.

What do you understand about his reading skills? How did you come by with that?  CITE! :lol:

Edited by betsy

Just now, betsy said:

You don't understand the Constitution, either.  You're simply parroting what you've read from anti-Trumps!

Mope, jut from what I have heard from the US judicial system I think they do understand their own constitution. But perhaps you would like to enlighten them/us?

4 minutes ago, Omni said:

Mope, jut from what I have heard from the US judicial system I think they do understand their own constitution. But perhaps you would like to enlighten them/us?

What did you hear from the judicial system? 

Cite where it was ruled that he violated the Constitution.

CITE!

Give your link.

Edited by betsy

8 hours ago, Rue said:

Man this story aint is only gonna get worse.

What you see coming across into Canada are people who have paid coyotes, aka people smugglers to get them to Europe, the US, wherever. They are not refugees in the political sense. They lie. They lie and make up stories. They lie because they know they won't qualify for immigration status.

Canada has to make some hard choices. Its nice to say, take in everyone. But can we or do we set such people up for failure? What is happening today at this moment is that organized criminals will now make millions bring people to the Canada border. Its time the CBC, CTV, that rag Toronto Star stop portraying people as hero refugees escaping persecution. All they do is hold up a flame for moths. It simply sends a signal to other starving people to come. Its called opening the floodgates. It is cruel. Its causing a stampede for the smugglers to make money from.

These coyotes loved it when the dead baby washed up. It meant more business for them. It meant justification for exploiting victims. They told their captive audience, the bay makes them cry for you, go! That is reality.  What do you think happens once the inevitable dead frozen baby story surfaces?

The media is already running stories of frozen Africans in hospitals with limbs marred by frostbite.Now what? What the hell do you think happens to that African with no toes? First thing he will do is apply for benefits and bring his family. Do any of you liberals plan to feed him and sponsor him and his family for life because he won't be working. He'll be on disability. Been there, done that, seen it. Its called the court system. Burned out liberals who once thought they would save the world make the most miserable of bigots once these same migrants line up swamping the system asking for benefits.. Me? I know how the legal system works. Its broken down. It can't provide legal aid. It is providing housing to these migrants while Canadians are living homeless and aboriginals are engaging in mass suicide. Its not a nice picture asking-who do you save or help is it?

I have travelled enough to camps in the Middle East  see how stomach parasites work and slowly kill. I get maggots and flies and rats and cholera, and the stench of  impacted bowels. Know that smell. The smell of pus or rotting flesh or gangrene or death or near death, it never leaves your nose. So what would you like me to say that we can save such people? The reality is so many who really need help are dying and any you think we can save well..we will soon have to make cold hard difficult decisions about such as do we turn people away the same reason most of you now do when you walk in a crowded city and now  don't give every single person who asks you for money, money. 

We're not getting hit like France - not yet anyway - simply because we serve a purpose to these terrorists.  We are becoming its "haven."

Tough times at the border - I'm almost willing to bet on it.  The few individuals turned away recently is  an indication that it'll only get tougher.

Edited by betsy

1 minute ago, betsy said:

What did you hear from the judicial system? 

Cite where it was ruled that he violated the Constitution.

CITE!

Give your link.

Holy doodle, have you not been following the news at all? Oh yeah, you're a Breitbart fam I bet.

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/the-administration/318116-what-makes-trumps-travel-ban-so-unconstitutional