"Tell me the Truth" game

Altai

I want to play a game. We will ask a question related with politics to any poster we want in the forum and he/she will answer it if he/she wants to answer. He/she dont have to answer.

But there is an important point, the answerer have to prove his/her answer. Evidences are not accepted as "proof". If he/she cant prove his/her answer OR the asker proves the contrary of the answer given, the answerer will leave the forum for ever :)))

Lets GO !!! 

Edited by Altai

1 hour ago, Ash74 said:

Is president Erdogan using the failed military take over as an excuse to increase his powers and prosecute his enemies? 

I want to answer.

Ofcourse he is doing and nothing wrong about it. Our enemies tried to destroy us and they failed. Now its our turn to destroy them. "Excuse" is a wrong usage but "opportunity" is the true usage. Self defence cannot be shown as something negative. The word "excuse" puts a negative meaning on our war of existence while its a "positive" thing. 

Proof: Turkiye declared state of emergency after the coup attempt and started to clean govt agencies from suspects and guilts, but there are still tens of thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands. Because they are quite old organization settled in the state since long years. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36852080 - https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/21/turkey-parliament-expected-to-pass-erdogan-emergency-measures

Edited by Altai

2 hours ago, Altai said:

But there is an important point, the answerer have to prove his/her answer. Evidences are not accepted as "proof". If he/she cant prove his/her answer OR the asker proves the contrary of the answer given, the answerer will leave the forum for ever :)))
Lets GO !!! 

Well, the others can correct me if I am wrong, but I think you are mixing up the words evidence and obvious. Obvious is not a proof, evidence is or can be. Maybe it is just a translation issue from your language to english. I have the same issue from my language. In french, we also have the word evidence but, it does not means the same thing as the same word in english. In french, we use evidence the same way the anglos use the word obvious. We have the word preuve, which is translated in english with proof. But the difference in french vs english is, when you want to prove something. The anglos use the word evidence to prove something. While the french would rather say present a piece in proof of something. So in the english language, you can make a proof by presenting evidence(s).

I do not know about your language so, it's up to you to figure it out.

And the reason to incarcerate news reporters that disagree with his politics without trail or in some cases even charges. 

How do you justify that? 

All in the name of "safety "?  

I had no doubt you would justify his actions and I am not looking to ban you. I think you have started some great conversations. I think you are just being petty by your ever increasing ignore list and daring people to leave this sight. 

3 minutes ago, Benz said:

Well, the others can correct me if I am wrong, but I think you are mixing up the words evidence and obvious.

Just to throw a wrench into the works, we also have the word evident. It is very distinct from evidence, but is often confused. 

28 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Just to throw a wrench into the works, we also have the word evident. It is very distinct from evidence, but is often confused. 

hehe! Just for my curiosity. what is its meaning? I do not see often its use in english texts.

20 minutes ago, Benz said:

hehe! Just for my curiosity. what is its meaning? I do not see often its use in english texts.

It is somewhat similar to obvious. Often you will hear the phrase 'self-evident', as is used in the US Constitution: We hold these Truths to be Self-Evident. Basically it means no explanation should be needed, the words or object(s) speak for themselves. Evidence on the other hand is the actual information or facts that are used to demonstrate some conclusion.

Edited by ?Impact

2 hours ago, Altai said:

I want to answer.

Ofcourse he is doing and nothing wrong about it. Our enemies tried to destroy us and they failed. Now its our turn to destroy them. "Excuse" is a wrong usage but "opportunity" is the true usage. Self defence cannot be shown as something negative. The word "excuse" puts a negative meaning on our war of existence while its a "positive" thing. 

Proof: Turkiye declared state of emergency after the coup attempt and started to clean govt agencies from suspects and guilts, but there are still tens of thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands. Because they are quite old organization settled in the state since long years. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36852080 - https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/21/turkey-parliament-expected-to-pass-erdogan-emergency-measures

That is not a proof. I understand your point but, you are not proving it.

Instead of "excuse" or "opportunity", I would say justification. It's more neutral. There are enough elements to raise the point that foreign influences were attempting to help a coup d'état against a democracy and because of that, strong measures have to be taken. What I am wondering is, he is going too far? Because it is obvious that he is going much further than the failed putsh has justified. You are not making the proof that it is justified to go as far as he is going, but I agree that he had to do something. Personnally, I prefer to not take a side and stay neutral about it. I do not know if he is going too far and I prefer to wait for more information before taking a final decision.

If you want to justify all his actions, you have to prove that all those people are bad enough to justify the jail and there were no other options to manage that. Or demonstrate that those news we had so far, are extreme exagerations. It would not be the first time the western worlds are victims of manipulation by our media.

You are talking about an old organization settled for a long time. I would not be surprised to be honest but, so far, it all sounds like hearings to me. It would help alot to have concrete demonstrations and evidences of it. If you have any, please provide them to us. You will make your point more easily.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_arrested_journalists_in_Turkey

Of course there are going to be other charges. 

I once got charged for a concealed weapon when I was drunk walking home from the bar after work because I had my handy cutter still on me. It is what police do when looking for a reason

1 hour ago, Ash74 said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_arrested_journalists_in_Turkey

Of course there are going to be other charges. 

I once got charged for a concealed weapon when I was drunk walking home from the bar after work because I had my handy cutter still on me. It is what police do when looking for a reason

LoL, I knew you are going to give a stupid answer and this is why I said "one" and "single" FOUR time :lol: You cant answer me because there is no such a journalist. This is why you are in my ignore list, you are not a honest person. Bye.

1 hour ago, Benz said:

That is not a proof. I understand your point but, you are not proving it.

Instead of "excuse" or "opportunity", I would say justification. It's more neutral. There are enough elements to raise the point that foreign influences were attempting to help a coup d'état against a democracy and because of that, strong measures have to be taken. What I am wondering is, he is going too far? Because it is obvious that he is going much further than the failed putsh has justified. You are not making the proof that it is justified to go as far as he is going, but I agree that he had to do something. Personnally, I prefer to not take a side and stay neutral about it. I do not know if he is going too far and I prefer to wait for more information before taking a final decision.

If you want to justify all his actions, you have to prove that all those people are bad enough to justify the jail and there were no other options to manage that. Or demonstrate that those news we had so far, are extreme exagerations. It would not be the first time the western worlds are victims of manipulation by our media.

You are talking about an old organization settled for a long time. I would not be surprised to be honest but, so far, it all sounds like hearings to me. It would help alot to have concrete demonstrations and evidences of it. If you have any, please provide them to us. You will make your point more easily.

Yes I proved it. President Erdogan said that they are declaring state of emergency to clean govt agencies from these terror organization members. Here the link >>> http://bit.ly/2iAnYRx

Below the part related with the issue;

"Milli Güvenlik Kurulu üyeleri olarak yaptığımız kapsamlı değerlendirme sonunda darbe girişiminde bulunan terör örgütünün tüm unsurlarıyla ve süratle bertaraf edilebilmesi için ülkemizde Anayasamızın 120. Madde'si uyarınca Olağanüstü Hal ilan edilmesini hükümete tavsiye etme kararı aldık. Bakanlar Kurulumuz da bu tavsiye doğrultusunda Türkiye'de üç ay süreyle Olağanüstü Hal ilan edilmesini kararlaştırdı. "

Edited by Altai

23 minutes ago, Altai said:

Yes I proved it. President Erdogan said that they are declaring state of emergency to clean govt agencies from these terror organization members. Here the link >>> http://bit.ly/2iAnYRx

Below the part related with the issue;

You did not prove that all the arrested people are terrorists. I do not have a problem with Erdogan arresting terrorists, I support him. However, what I am asking you is to prove that all the arrested people are terrorists. I am sure there are some of them that are terrorists. However so many has been arrested, it's normal to question and the proof must be provided.

1 hour ago, Benz said:

You did not prove that all the arrested people are terrorists. I do not have a problem with Erdogan arresting terrorists, I support him. However, what I am asking you is to prove that all the arrested people are terrorists. I am sure there are some of them that are terrorists. However so many has been arrested, it's normal to question and the proof must be provided.

The question was that Is President of Turkiye using the coup attempt as an excuse to neutralize its enemies and the answer is Yes and I provided the proof. The question was not "all the arrested people are really terrorists ?" or something similar. Okay. 

1 hour ago, Benz said:

Yes. We support Saudi Arabia. :(

Wrong answer. Saudi Arabia is not recognized as a terror organization by any countries. Now please leave the forum for ever if you are a honest person. Or keep staying as a dishonest person. 

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

"President Erdogan said...." is NOT a proof. Nor an evidence.

So you dont accept our president's words as a proof but you take it as a proof of being "Muslim" when someone screems "Allahu Akbaaaaaauuuoorrrr" during a terrorism action ?