Putin: "we are much stronger than any potential aggressor"

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Smallc said:

This literally makes no sense, as the US would also be failing to respond under your scenario.

It makes perfect sense, by and large, most NATO members have surrendered their sovereignty to the United States (in varying degrees)......if the Americans don't deem Putin a threat to their interests, but Europe does, Europe is up poop creek without a paddle.........

3 minutes ago, Wilber said:

If that's all Russia has in mind I would agree with you but I think it is a pretty naive assumption.

Not naive at all.......if Putin wants to invade the Baltic States, and the Americans don't "care", and the remainder of NATO doesn't "care" (demonstrated by their defense spending), why should we care?

........When Putin invaded Georgia and the Crimea.....did it honestly effect your day-to-day life?

Just now, Smallc said:

Continue to answer with non answers.

What will your nation do to confront Putin besides hiding behind the United States ?  

Why does the bulk of the NATO burden fall on the USA ?

NATO is a treaty...treaties can be abrogated.    What does the USA owe Europe (again) ?

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

What will your nation do to confront Putin besides hiding behind the United States ?  

I don't make those decisions, you'll have to ask someone else.

Many cases have seen the US step in front of other countries to defend them, as the right thing to do.  It's good to know that you're past doing the right thing.

6 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Doesn't have to be....Soviet Union is long gone. 

Exactly........nations don't have friends, but interests.........look no further then the various Victorian era wars, followed by the First then Second World War......Allies and Enemies played musical chairs between each kick at the can.

3 minutes ago, Smallc said:

I don't make those decisions, you'll have to ask someone else.

Many cases have seen the US step in front of other countries to defend them, as the right thing to do.  It's good to know that you're past doing the right thing.

In other words...business as usual.  Let the Americans pay.  

Trump is right to challenge/change that, and Putin is the perfect opportunity to do so.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

4 minutes ago, Smallc said:

Continue to answer with non answers.

Its an answer that went over your head.......all those Eastern European NATO countries were are "enemies" just over 25 years ago.......things change, as it appears to be happening with the American views on both Europe and Putin's Russia........

1 minute ago, Smallc said:

I have no problem paying more (again, I don't make those decisions).  I'm not the guy who wants to take his ball and go home.

I've already paid...for decades.   Time for somebody else to pay for the ball if it's so important to them.  

Putin is going to expose this NATO charade for what it is.

5 minutes ago, Smallc said:

It's good to know that you're past doing the right thing.

You might think its the "right thing"........others look at it as being an "enabler" to Europe.....as said if NATO/Europe truly felt Putin a threat, they'd dramatically boost their own defense.......if they don't, and Putin is an actual threat, they'll have a strong foreign army within their nations.......it just won't be the Americans. 

9 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

In other words...business as usual.  Let the Americans pay.  

Trump is right to challenge/change that, and Putin is the perfect opportunity to do so.

In my opinion, Trump also sees the Russians as far more "results driven" then the majority of NATO members......right or wrong, Putin doesn't dick around.

Just now, Derek 2.0 said:

In my opinion, Trump also sees the Russians as far more "results driven" then the majority of NATO members......right or wrong, Putin doesn't dick around.

Europe is now a political and economic crap fest....the UK is getting the hell out of the EU.

Putin can smell blood in the water....time to move while they are weak and indecisive.

2 minutes ago, Derek 2.0 said:

Ever been to Russia? Go take a look at their economy and then tell us about how "results driven" you think Putin is. And while you're there don't complain about anything.

2 minutes ago, Omni said:

Ever been to Russia? Go take a look at their economy and then tell us about how "results driven" you think Putin is. And while you're there don't complain about anything.

Russia's GDP is slightly larger than Canada's, but Canada's military is insignificant in comparison.

Moscow is far more important than Ottawa.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Russia's GDP is slightly larger than Canada's, but Canada's military is insignificant in comparison.

Our GDP is over 60% higher than Russia's. And our military is just the right size for our population. We need some new equipment but JT is taking care of that. And luckily not pissing away our money on your F 35. All's well.

7 minutes ago, Omni said:

Our GDP is over 60% higher than Russia's. And our military is just the right size for our population. We need some new equipment but JT is taking care of that. And luckily not pissing away our money on your F 35. All's well.

That's even worse.....having to hide behind NATO/USA instead of funding a decent military.   So why worry about Putin now ?