Marx was right!

TTM

29 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

You're no different than Trump and his racist supporters then, just different sides of the same coin.  You just hate and resent different types of people.

Yeah. I hate racists, misogynists, and bigots. What you're saying is fighting the Nazis was the same as being Nazis. It's a stupid argument.

Edited by cybercoma

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2016-11-28 at 9:49 AM, TTM said:

Because (as they saw it) they had no other options.  He was elected because he made the right mouth noises about cleaning things up and bringing back jobs, and because the establishment on both sides made it clear he was not one of them.  Trump is a brick thrown at the establishment.   My guess is that it is a rubber brick.

I like this post.  Yes, people are angry and are looking for bricks to throw.  Trump was the biggest brick they could find.  He's not a rubber brick, I just don't think he's going to be thrown exactly where the people want it.

3 minutes ago, cybercoma said:

Yeah. I hate racists, misogynists, and bigots. What you're saying is fighting the Nazis was the same as being Nazis. It's a stupid argument.

We all hate racists, misogynists, and bigots.  Only the definitions vary.

8 minutes ago, cybercoma said:

You've basically said that all Trump supporters are racists/sexists/bigots ("they're a lost cause"). That's about half of US voters. Although I know that social justice extremists basically consider any white male to automatically be an evil racist sexist oppressor, that view does not hold water among the vast majority of the population. No, these people are not Nazis and likening the political disagreements in America to the worst war the world has ever known is stupid ("Godwin's Law"). 

If you want to get anywhere rather than just quivering in impotent rage at the supposed tide of racism, you need to realize that it's the same country that elected the first black president 4 years ago and 8 years ago. Many of the people that voted for Obama didn't bother to vote for Clinton, and it wasn't because of sexism. It was because the media and the Clinton campaign spent a year calling all these voters racist, just like you are doing now. The American left has lost its way in becoming mired in divisive identity politics driven by a lunatic fringe, and you've fallen for the same thing. 

Promising jobs and infrastructure wins votes. Calling people racist doesn't. Simple as that. 

2 minutes ago, cybercoma said:

No what I'm saying is fighting the Nazis is different than hating the Nazis.  I'm also saying that hating Nazis is the same as the Nazis hating Jews. There's no good "hate", even if the supposed oppressor and victims change.

Your smug, self-righteous language on this board makes you a hypocrite. If you want to challenge my argument, then challenge my argument.  Calling my argument "stupid" is just more evidence that my argument is right, so thanks for proving my point.  Wrapping up your insults with intellectual jargon doesn't make them right. Thinking you're morally superior because you're fighting for the socially acceptable downtrodden groups of society and that you're intellectually superior because you went to university and that all who oppose you are "stupid" and "idiots" or whatever other insults you like to use on here doesn't make it so.  Not sure how progressive you can be when your progressiveness drips with such astoundingly un-progressive language and tone. You're better than that.

4 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Not sure how progressive you can be when your progressiveness drips with such astoundingly un-progressive language and tone. You're better than that.

There's nothing progressive about the regressive left. It uses all the tactics of far right authoritarianism... institutional propaganda, blaming all ills on a scapegoat group, silencing non-conforming opinion, indoctrinating people from a young age.

23 minutes ago, Bonam said:

There's nothing progressive about the regressive left. It uses all the tactics of far right authoritarianism... institutional propaganda, blaming all ills on a scapegoat group, silencing non-conforming opinion, indoctrinating people from a young age.

From a person who would be described as a progressive and leftist on a lot of issues, I absolutely and completely agree!

7 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

I like this post.  Yes, people are angry and are looking for bricks to throw.  Trump was the biggest brick they could find.  He's not a rubber brick, I just don't think he's going to be thrown exactly where the people want it.

Thanks for the compliment. To further the metaphor, rubber brick in that it will bounce back at the thrower and/or an innocent bystander, probably resulting in a bloody nose. 

Edited by TTM