Trump criticizes vets on PTSD

I have tried to give Donald Trump the benefit of the doubt in the past as I did Rob Ford but

there is a point when you say enough is enough. Trump has said so many stupid things

I've lost track of his bafoonery but the latest is inexcusable. He is reported on MSN quoting a Boston Globe & Mail artucle as having told a group of veterans on Monday night the following:

‘‘When you talk about the mental health problems, when people come back from war and combat, they see things that maybe a lot of the folks in this room have seen many times over. And you’re strong and you can handle it, but a lot of people can’t handle it,’’ Trump told an audience of military veterans at an event in Northern Virginia on Monday. ‘‘And they see horror stories, they see events that you couldn’t see in a movie - nobody would believe it.’’

Without a doubt its the most stupid and ignorant think I have read from a politician of all time.

To say he is an offensive ignorant fool is an understatement. Not only is what he said nonsensical its

past insulting.

What kind of an idiot compares how one vet reacts to another and suggests they should all react the same way.

It expresses a depth of ignorance seldom seen. It reminds me of the kind of ignorance Patton exhibited one time during WW2 bullying a soldier with shell shock.

I understand exactly what Trump is doing to control the media news cycle.

If this is what he's doing to control the media news cycle, I'm imagine that Hillary and her advisors are extremely happy to let him keep control of it.

There's an old adage that "there's no such thing as bad publicity", but there's another old adage that "when you find yourself in a hole, the first thing you need to do is stop digging."

Somebody (was it someone here? I can't recall where I read the comment) suggested that Trump wins if the election is about Hillary, and Hillary wins if the election is about Trump, but Hillary wants the election to be about Trump, and Trump also wants the election to be about Trump. I think that's a very astute observation, it's just how this is playing out. He just has to be the center of attention. He can't not be the center of attention.

Kelly-Anne Conway got Trump back into the race by convincing him to stay on script so that people would forget what a boor he is, or to keep his mouth shut so that people would remember how much they hate Hillary. But in the past week he's clearly gone off the rail and decided to be more Trump-like. I imagine that Ms Conway is tearing her hair out right now.

-k

If this is what he's doing to control the media news cycle, I'm imagine that Hillary and her advisors are extremely happy to let him keep control of it.

Hillary is not extremely happy...Trump is still very much in it. Her negatives make her a hold-your-nose choice, without the support of "deplorables".

Trump wants the biggest mudslinging fight he can get, because he can win that way.

Donald Trump: "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters".

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Donald Trump: "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters".

But Trump needs to gain voters and he has no traction.

He is facing greater than 2 to 1 odds of losing right now so he is going backwards.

Sad!

Edited by msj

But Trump needs to gain voters and he has no traction.

He is facing greater than 2 to 1 odds of losing right now so he is going backwards.

Sad!

It is sad...Canadian wannabes watching from across the border can't even understand how Trump got nominated, let alone give Clinton a credible challenge in the general election. With two very crappy candidates, either can win.

This issue is typical Trump putting his foot in his mouth and blaming everyone but himself for saying something stupid.

Maybe he should've said something along the lines of "some people are fortunate" but no, he said the people who can handle it are "strong".

Of course the world is a big bad evil place for saying his choice of words were inappropriate.

No sirree, it couldn't be his wording that was not well thought out.

Edited by BC_chick

This issue is typical Trump putting his foot in his mouth and blaming everyone but himself for saying something stupid.

Maybe he should've said something along the lines of "some people are fortunate" but no, he said the people who can handle it are "strong".

Trump's made no secret of the fact he only respects people who are "strong". McCain isn't a war hero because he was captured. A real hero would have single-handedly slaughtered all his captors and liberated the prison camp, right? Vets who get PTSD are "weak". A real man shouldn't even flinch at the sight of their friend's guts spilled out across the dirt, amirite? Other presidential candidates have "low energy" and "low stamina". Everyone's a loser compared to the greatness of Trump.

If Trump was in the military, not only would he not get PTSD, he'd inflict PTSD on all the enemies around him just by his fearsome gaze.

Edited by Bonam

Personally I found it more offensive when he mocked Clinton for getting pneumonia and almost fainting, complete with him staggering on stage as if he were fainting. I mean, who does that kind of thing past age twelve? I honestly don't understand a 70 year old man who grew up going to the finest schools and associating with wealthy people all his life being so stunning crude and buffoonish. Can you imagine him visiting Buckingham Palace? He'd probably whip out his dick and piss on one of the potted trees, then tell fart jokes to the Queen while picking his nose.

Trump shoots off at the mouth. He does not give any thought to what spews out. PTSD is not some kind of illness you talk about as a strength or a weakness. The fact he does typifies an ignorance that just oozes from his pores. I mean this is someone who is obese calling a woman fat during an

election campaign or calling himself smart for not paying taxes. He does not grasp the implications of his comments.

As for Clinton she used the same tax loop hole as Trump so she is no better. Its a sad spectacle seeing these two and as

Canadians we have a right to worry. One talks about implementing protectionist trading policies and the other

is deep into the failed Obama foreign policies. A flim flam idiot or a corrupt politician. Great choice.

Edited by Rue

Personally I found it more offensive when he mocked Clinton for getting pneumonia and almost fainting, complete with him staggering on stage as if he were fainting. I mean, who does that kind of thing past age twelve?

His grade school bully persona was the thing I found most revolting about him since the very beginning of his candidacy.

...or calling himself smart for not paying taxes.

You know, this part I actually think is a valid point, because why would anyone pay more tax than they are required to pay by law? Anyone would take all the tax deductions they can get and structure their financial affairs in such a way as to minimize tax liability.

Of all the things to attack Trump over, which are plentiful beyond count, minimizing his tax burden is certainly not a great choice.

Unless of course he was committing tax fraud or otherwise doing illegal things, which is certainly possible, but I don't think that's been shown.

Unless of course he was committing tax fraud or otherwise doing illegal things, which is certainly possible, but I don't think that's been shown.

Except he has complained that 50% of Americans pay no taxes and how this is bad for the national debt. Of course, that 50% he was referring to is mostly poor people and that's precisely who he intended to criticize with those comments. Meanwhile, he wants to implement further tax cuts for the rich when elected.

So it's not the tax minimization strategy in itself that is so offensive in this case. It's the blazing hypocrisy.

Except he has complained that 50% of Americans pay no taxes and how this is bad for the national debt. Of course, that 50% he was referring to is mostly poor people and that's precisely who he intended to criticize with those comments. Meanwhile, he wants to implement further tax cuts for the rich when elected. So it's not the tax minimization strategy in itself that is so offensive in this case. It's the blazing hypocrisy.

Well of course all of his policy ideas and talking points are complete BS, that's no secret. There's so much hypocrisy there that by now I would be shocked to find a statement that wasn't hypocritical.

But on the single extremely narrow point of how much taxes he's paying... it is indeed smart to minimize the tax you pay.

Well of course all of his policy ideas and talking points are complete BS, that's no secret. There's so much hypocrisy there that by now I would be shocked to find a statement that wasn't hypocritical.

But on the single extremely narrow point of how much taxes he's paying... it is indeed smart to minimize the tax you pay.

It IS smart. The problem is though it gets peoples mind on how corrupt and rigged the system is, and that does not benefit republicans. It benefits people that think like Bernie Saunders.

In any case though, don't count Trump out. Hes got where he is now by harnessing anti-government, and anti-immigrant sentiment in the US and those are very strong factors. He might be a complete moron, but he still has this a pretty close race.

Say it out loud, then close your eyes and think about it...

"Almost half of Americans want Donald Trump to be president".

You are not his audience and Im not either, but he sure as hell has one, and its BIG.

Please point to the part where he used the word "weak".

His statement is that people who were "strong" could "handle it", So it's pretty clear how he feels about people who "can't handle it".

Kind of like the time he said a strong woman like Ivanka wouldn't be a victim of sexual harassment.

-k