Will You Be joining In The Protests Against Bush?

Bush in Canada

Momentum seems to be building in Canada to protest against US policies, when President Bush comes to Canada (Ottawa) at the end of the month. Will you be joining the other protestors in Ottawa or the protestors in the city in which you live?

PM Martin said in Chile this weekend that protests are a good form of democratic expression. Do you agree? Or do you think these protests are useless, a waste of time, and will not impact one iota on the US Administration policies, nor on Canada's policies as well ?

PM Martin said in Chile this weekend that protests are a good form of democratic expression. Do you agree?

I agree that it's a form of democratic expression.......as for if it's "good" or not, I believe it's all in the eye of the beholder.......

Or do you think these protests are useless, a waste of time, and will not impact one iota on the US Administration policies, nor on Canada's policies as well ?

I do beleive, 100% that those that go are wasting their time.......this is just a side show for Bush.....I hate to break it to yeah, but our collective opinion towards the Bush administration and America in general means squat to Bush and most Americans.

Now before you strap on your tin-foil hat MS, I'd also say the same thing for any Pro-Bush rallies......We don't mater that much to America......just so as long as the next terror attack in the States isn't launched from Canada, which if the case may be, we will find ourselves the reciepent of too much American attention.....

As for Canada's policies, I doubt it.....Martin understands the concept of not biting the hand that feeds us. The screaming chants of a bunch of pot-smoking, hemp wearing, pinko-commie, University going mid-20 year olds doesn't mater.......the majority of that age group don't vote...

PM Martin said in Chile this weekend that protests are a good form of democratic expression. Do you agree? Or do you think these protests are useless, a waste of time, and will not impact one iota on the US Administration policies, nor on Canada's policies as well ?

I agree with Martin. More importantly, the last time the morons were out in the streets here they screwed up traffic royally. I don't even work downtown but it still took me an extra hour to get home.

I say if people are walking in the middle of the street we should be allowed to run them over.

Bush in Canada

Momentum seems to be building in Canada to protest against US policies, when President Bush comes to Canada (Ottawa) at the end of the month. Will you be joining the other protestors in Ottawa or the protestors in the city in which you live?

no won't be joinign them,

PEACEFULL protesting is a good way of getting your voice heard, and can make a difference in domestic policies. however people in Canada campaigning against another countries leader or actions will nto accomplish to much but sometimes it is godo to ensure that your voice is heard even if it isn't heeded.

I do beleive, 100% that those that go are wasting their time.......this is just a side show for Bush.....I hate to break it to yeah, but our collective opinion towards the Bush administration and America in general means squat to Bush and most Americans.

Yeah sure, that's why he was in a four year sulking temper tantrum towards Canada for preferring

Gore to Bush for President.

Of course we matter. Who else would they blame when things go wrong. They pointed finger to Canada after the 9/11 attack (must have come in through Canada) our joint power failure; again finger pointing to Canada; problem originated in the USA. Same with the mad cow disease; pointing finger at Canada; It'stheir fault despite the fact that our beef industry is completely intermingled with theirs. Did we point to America when the first case in Canada was owned by an American who then disappeared??

The sight of our PM and President Bush together in a meaningful way in Chile Saturday was heart warming... the BSE situation was addressed and hopefully when Mr.Bush comes to Ottawa the softwood lumber situation will be next....I never thought I would say this but I was actually proud of our PM Paul Martin in his handling of that loud mouthed Parrish this week and to see his willingness to work with our greatest friend and ally George Bush... onward and upward my fellow Canadians... things are the way they should be...now lets start getting together with our American brothers and sisters and build that NA missile defense shield..... and so far as all of you Bush hating protesters are concerned just play safe.... watch out for the tear gas and do'nt get hit in the eye with any rubber bullets now.........

I was just wondering if there is any rallies planned for Calgary and if there was somewhere a person could go to volunteer for the Police riot squad... the only experiance I have at shooting a gun was at Disneyland years ago... I was quite good back then, I'm sure handling and firing a gun with rubber bullets would not be a problem....

It would be funny if Parrish was the room-serivce woman, and she holds a gun to Bush's face, and says "Happy Birthday, Mr President".

......and the vision of Parrish's face being planted into the carpet with a few well and hard connecting jabs to her gut and head by the secret service on the way down... priceless.....

I was just wondering if there is any rallies planned for Calgary and if there was somewhere a person could go to volunteer for the Police riot squad... the only experiance I have at shooting a gun was at Disneyland years ago... I was quite good back then, I'm sure handling and firing a gun with rubber bullets would not be a problem....

Hmmmmm sounds like you are all for a dictatorship and do not support freedom of expression. Sounds just like Bush; shooting down the opposition with no consideration of others rights to think differently than you.

I am all for peaceful freedom of expression... it's just that if things do get out of hand I would be more than willing to lend the fine peace keeping officers of my hometown a hand in protecting the property of the people, and if that includes handing out a few rubber bullets and cans of tear gas to do so then so be it...

Yeah sure, that's why he was in a four year sulking temper tantrum towards Canada for preferring

Gore to Bush for President.

I hardley think that Bush had Canada in the forefront

of his mind for the last four years........War on terror/Iraq, economy, jobs, re-election.... etc :rolleyes:

They pointed finger to Canada after the 9/11 attack (must have come in through Canada)

US boarder guards caught a terrorist entering the United States from Canada via the Blackball ferries (MV Coho) which travels between the Victoria inner harbour and Port Angles in 1999, his aim was to blow up LAX during Y2K celebrations. So there is a president.

I live twenty minutes from Victoria by the way.

our joint power failure; again finger pointing to Canada; problem originated in the USA.

And before the cause was proven, we where point fingers at the US......so what?

Same with the mad cow disease; pointing finger at Canada; It'stheir fault despite the fact that our beef industry is completely intermingled with theirs.

How is it the fault of the Americans that a cow in Canada contracted BSE..........you are really reaching here caeser, I suggest you steady yourself before you reply.

Did we point to America when the first case in Canada was owned by an American who then disappeared??

:huh: Have you been drinking?

I say if people are walking in the middle of the street we should be allowed to run them over.

The left is so low brow.

Real professional post Stamps.

I  do beleive, 100% that those that go are wasting their time.......this is just a side show for Bush.....I hate to break it to yeah, but our collective opinion towards the Bush administration and America in general means squat to Bush and most Americans

And yet there are still people going around declaring that the words and actions of a single solitary government backbencher have caused great harm to Canada/U.S. relations.

I agree, with you that this won't make a dent. Bush ignored the voice of literally millions of people in his own country and around the world by going to war with Iraq. I don't think he'll start listening now.

That said, I'll definitely be taking part in the protests.

As for Canada's policies, I doubt it.....Martin understands the concept of not biting the hand that feeds us. The screaming chants of a bunch of pot-smoking, hemp wearing, pinko-commie, University going mid-20 year olds doesn't mater.......the majority of that age group don't vote...

Typical straw man bullshit from someone whose opinion is shaped by what he's spoon-fed by CanWest Global.

I agree with Martin. More importantly, the last time the morons were out in the streets here they screwed up traffic royally. I don't even work downtown but it still took me an extra hour to get home.

Would you like a hanky to dry those eyes, lil' fella?

I don't like your opinions, so I should be allowed to bludgeon you with a baseball bat. Fair is fair.

now lets start getting together with our American brothers and sisters and build that NA missile defense shield.....

Ah yes: the sheild that doesn't work to defend against threats that don't exist. It's almost postmodern in its absurdity.

Why so much hostility, I wonder? The millions of people who took part in the protests against Iraq did so peacefully. Indeed, most protests only turn ugly because of testostorone fuelled jagoffs like you, stamps.

I am all for peaceful freedom of expression... it's just that if things do get out of hand I would be more than willing to lend the fine peace keeping officers of my hometown a hand in protecting the property of the people, and if that includes handing out a few rubber bullets and cans of tear gas to do so then so be it...

God forbid someone dent your SUV, jerk.

US boarder guards caught a terrorist entering the United States from Canada via the Blackball ferries (MV Coho) which travels between the Victoria inner harbour and Port Angles in 1999, his aim was to blow up LAX during Y2K celebrations. So there is a president.

And the alleged 9-11 terrorists were in the U.S. legally on student visas. What's your point. And it's precedent.

Personally, I'm all in favour of beefing up security at our borders to keep the criminal element from entering our country. Which is why I find it curious that Bush is being allowed in....

Typical straw man bullshit from someone whose opinion is shaped by what he's spoon-fed by CanWest Global.

What strawman? Is Martin in favor of mending our relations with the States?

And what is you opinion shaped by? Those that live in glass houses.....

And the alleged 9-11 terrorists were in the U.S. legally on student visas. What's your point. And it's precedent.

.........the point was that a terrorist entered the United States through Canada.....and thanks for the hand on the spelling there tips. Can we do grammer next?

That said, I'll definitely be taking part in the protests.

Fine. Just stay the hell out of my way when I'm going to work Your right to pointless self-righteous protest should not outweigh my right to drive my monster SUV without traffic delays.

It took centuries of strugglw and thousands of lives to establish the right to protest.

What did the right to drive an SUV cost other than road kill and inconvenience on parking lots - for others.

It took centuries of strugglw and thousands of lives to establish the right to protest.

What did the right to drive an SUV cost other than road kill and inconvenience on parking lots - for others.

I am talking about the right of solid citizens like me not to be impeded on their daily travels by assorted ignorant rabble and no-good riff-raff. That's a very time-honoured right.

If you work for the feds, why are you worried about getting to work on time anyways? :lol::lol:

I don't want my coffee to get cold. I look forward to sitting down in my thousand dollar chair and reading the BBC news online while sipping my morning coffee.