Trudeau Children's Nannies Being Paid for by Taxpayers

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When she is representing Canada as the equivalent of a "first lady" then I don't think it is wrong.

Either way, it's unpaid work.

The US first lady doesn't get a salary or nannies. Neither does the British PMs wife.

So if he employed a golf pro and a personal trainer and a valet before he got elected, that's all on us too now?

No, however there's a gym for MPs in the Confederation building. And he does have a valet of sorts... Parliament offers dry cleaning, presses suits and will repair your suits if you get a rip in them. They will also run them straight to your office for you.... no need to be wandering about in the cold if you need your suits cleaned!

I assumed you didn't mean a valet to park cars, because he obviously already has a chauffeur...

He will have to pay for his own golf pro. Does the PM golf?

Edited by The_Squid

I'd rather our PM impress foreign dignitaries with his ideas than with his luxury.

You're going to have to wait until the next election for any chance of that happening.

Edited by Argus

You never actually told me what she does for a living as the PM's wife as required by her position that would even require payment. Second, why should we pay Justin's half when he gets paid wealthy sums?

Apparently she dresses up and attends parties and events sometimes.

Edited by Argus

When people include all the other taxes we *all* pay aside from income tax, some rich people will pay 50%+ on a portion of their income.

On top of the 50%-60% in income taxes, they'll pay municipal taxes, plus HST (without the refund cheques poorer people get), gas taxes, etc. Some will be paying over 70%-75% in taxes.

Edited by Argus

Transparency? It's not like they tried to hide this...

So, by your response, I have to assume you weren't as enraged about your tax dollars when Harper was in power... why not?

Harper was usually pretty careful not to suck at the trough, unlike his predecessors. He even downgraded his own pension.

As Argus says... shouldn't his wife have been cooking his meals? She wasn't even working! Imagine that.... his stay-at-home wife had a full-time chef paid for by taxpayers!

You want her to cook for parties of a hundred people, cook for heads of state? The chef position comes with the residence because the residence is used for official entertainment.

He cannot afford the time and neither can Sophie who is otherwise working for us for free.

He can't afford the time to take care of his kids? Nice father!

And Sophie is currently unemployed. Her only 'job' is to hang on his arm and look pretty at certain events he attends.

So, apparently the number of staff at the residence will not be increasing:

"The prime minister will not expand the household staff of the prime minister's residence. He will be adapting the staff complement to suit his family's requirements, given he is the proud father of three young children. It is an ongoing process and will be finalized in the coming days," Kate Purchase, the PM's director of communications said in an e-mail to CBC News.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/rona-ambrose-rich-trudeau-nannies-1.3347148

No, they did not. The residence comes with a staff.

The chef cooks meals for the family.

How is that different than taking care of the childRen?

The household staff make their beds, do their laundry.

I suspect that in the future, the house will always come with nannies too.

Like it did for Mulroney.

Now do tell us about your child care experience, because I'm doubtful that you have much credibility on that.

I believe you said the chef could do it?!

?

Edited by jacee

The chef cooks meals for the family.

How is that different than taking care of the childRen?

The household staff make their beds, do their laundry.

I suspect that in the future, the house will always come with nannies too.

Like it did for Mulroney.

I don't understand the difference either. This is just an attempt to stick something to Trudeau.

"The prime minister will not expand the household staff of the prime minister's residence. He will be adapting the staff complement to suit his family's requirements, given he is the proud father of three young children. It is an ongoing process and will be finalized in the coming days," Kate Purchase, the PM's director of communications said in an e-mail to CBC News.

Good move.

The nannies won't be extra staff.

They'll cut down on something else.

End of discussion.

Thx.

That will take the wind out of those sails...

You want her to cook for parties of a hundred people, cook for heads of state? The chef position comes with the residence because the residence is used for official entertainment.

So you're saying she cooked for the family when there weren't events?