Trudeau's First Moves

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep pretending he's an idiot. I'm sure it'll work eventually.

Look at how well taking Trudeau for granted has worked for the Tories. One thing's clear, there's a Tory contingent that simply cannot fathom that maybe, just maybe, the Tories brought this loss on themselves. Oh no, it must be someone else's fault.

But I guess fragile egos need to latch on to such beliefs to preserve some degree of emotional integrity.

Sorry if I've missed this or it's been mentioned elsewhere. but apparently the changes to taxation are one of the first items on the agenda. As I make over $89,000 but under $200,000, the changes don't affect me. I would like to say I applaud them for doing it, as it was clearly one of the campaign promises that resonated with ppl. I also like his pick of finance.

That said, I hate they are getting rid of income splitting and reducing the TFSA contribution. I use the TFSAs, and was looking forward to more room. Clearly I am not rich, but work hard and am looking to the future.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bill-morneau-finance-1.3303873

Edited by drummindiver

Sorry if I've missed this or it's been mentioned elsewhere. but apparently the changes to taxation are one of the first items on the agenda. As I make over $89,000 but under $200,000, the changes don't affect me.

No, the changes mean that you'll have a tax bill that's $670 smaller.

Edited by Smallc

I am continually astonished as to the disrespect for members on this forum. Why the dig? I don't get it.

What dig? I want to know what you think will be interesting? After puking from watching the CBC display it's blatant Liberal bias yesterday, I find myself wondering what you think will be interesting.

Sorry if I've missed this or it's been mentioned elsewhere. but apparently the changes to taxation are one of the first items on the agenda. As I make over $89,000 but under $200,000, the changes don't affect me. I would like to say I applaud them for doing it, as it was clearly one of the campaign promises that resonated with ppl. I also like his pick of finance.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bill-morneau-finance-1.3303873

Interesting. You started this thread and you were dead against all topics you raised. Very bizarre. Is this a televised game?

Edited by WestCoastRunner

Interesting. You started this thread and you were dead against all topics you raised. Very bizarre. Is this a televised game?

What?

Those were to things he had already done.

I didn't like them.

I also clearly stated that I wished him success. That doesn't mean I can't disagree with him. I voted against him for a reason.

And WCR, the last couple of your posts you are bitching at ppl for slagging for no reason, then you throw this incredible curve when I am commenting on the original OP.

Are you ok?

What?

Those were to things he had already done.

I didn't like them.

I also clearly stated that I wished him success. That doesn't mean I can't disagree with him. I voted against him for a reason.

And WCR, the last couple of your posts you are bitching at ppl for slagging for no reason, then you throw this incredible curve when I am commenting on the original OP.

Are you ok?

I think I'm ok. You are throwing out this incredible curve towards your OP.

What hard questions are they supposed to ask him at this point?

We have reached peak credit. When this debt bomb explodes, it's gonna make ISIS look like Panzis in ballerina tights. The bomb is ticking and people are running around confused right now unsure of where to put their assets.

Sorry, I thought over 89 and under 200 stayed the same?

No. If you make under $44K you stay the same. From $44K - $220K~ you'll pay less tax. After $220K~, you'll pay more tax because of the rate increase on those making more than $200K per year.

First order of business is to support a $1 Billion tax payer bail out to the richest family in Canada at Bombardier in Quebec.

When that happens, we can look at it. I think they'll do it. I know the Conservatives would have.

No. If you make under $44K you stay the same. From $44K - $220K~ you'll pay less tax. After $220K~, you'll pay more tax because of the rate increase on those making more than $200K per year.

When that happens, we can look at it. I think they'll do it. I know the Conservatives would have.

Oh, you know that, do you? :rolleyes: My goodness.

Mr Morneau family business runs north of $30 Million. He made over $1 million last year in his business income.

Excellent, great, good for him!!!!! We should all aspire to be as successful!!!

.................but Mr Morneau utlizes those very same tax strategies that Mr Trudeau chastized small business owners of using to avoid taxes. Mr Morneua will also utilize some more tax strategies available to him to protect his earnings whilst serving as Minister. (Blind Trust and such).

Come to think of it....Justin Trudeau earned $1.2 million in speaking fees.......under his small business corporation...complete with all of those tax advantage opportunities that he chastized others for using.

So.....the new policy is Do what I say...not what I do.

Oh, you know that, do you? :rolleyes: My goodness.

As I've demonstrated here (earlier in the thread), the Conservatives gave over $350M in 'loans' for the C series program over the last few years. They were also happy to join hand in hand with Ontario and the US Government to bail out two automakers. I have a pretty strong feeling that Trudeau will give 'loans' of some type to Bombardier. As they've already found a partner in the Quebec government, it's a pretty safe bet.