Are Tory MPs being muzzled?

Topaz

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's ridiculous and you know it. That's some of the worst partisan garbage I've ever read on this forum. Even when the party pleads guilty to exceeding spending limits and submitting fraudulent records, you still say they're innocent. What a joke.

It's what happened and you know it. Claiming otherwise that is partisan garbage.

I've seen first hand how Elections Canada plays their dirty "gotcha" games. But only if you're a Conservative. Liberals do the same thing, they just get a finger wag.

It's what happened and you know it. Claiming otherwise that is partisan garbage.

I've seen first hand how Elections Canada plays their dirty "gotcha" games. But only if you're a Conservative. Liberals do the same thing, they just get a finger wag.

Why were the Liberals never charged with election fraud for the 'free' services provided to them during election time by the advertising firms they gave government money to for no jobs? Why haven't the NDP been charged for illegally using the money which was supposed to go to constituency work for partisan election purposes?

It's your choice not to share an example where a Tory candidate is going to hold a debate in order to counter the point being made.

The truth of the matter is that all around Canada, Tory MP's are declining not only to answer questions from voters and the media, but they are declining debates. It might be different in your riding, but that's the case in the rest of Canada.

The Tories face a problem the other parties do not. That is the likelihood that organized left wing activist groups will show up anywhere they are speaking or debating in order to yell verbal abuse and heckle them. There are no organized right wing activist groups who would engage in such behaviour against the NDP, Liberals, BQ or Greens.

They were the only ones forced to admit guilt for something that wasn't illegal at the time and that had been standard practice for all parties for many years. Partisan smear job, nothing else.

Exactly, there's a current Liberal candidate who has admitted to deliberately overspending during this election and let's not forget the NDP's millions they owe.

Well, that's 1 out of 338. Good lookin' out.

Yeah right. I've just confirmed with a campaign manager that his riding in BC has confirmed 3 debates, and another one two, they are certainly not accepting invitations to all debates, nor should they. Essex has at least one confirmed to which the union is selling tickets and Quinte West has one confirmed so far. This and the lies about the refugee family are good examples of media lies, not just shoddy reporting.

Actually, these debates rarely if ever are worth the effort and time. I stopped going to them several elections ago when I witnessed poor behaviour at debates. These meetings are always stacked. Just about everybody in the room, including Conservative supporters, have made up their minds and are only trying to score points so that the media will pick them up and write about them. Our candidates are wise to avoid them if they can. It is far better and more productive to main street or work the doorsteps then to attend those gong shows.

Yeah right. I've just confirmed with a campaign manager that his riding in BC has confirmed 3 debates, and another one two, they are certainly not accepting invitations to all debates, nor should they. Essex has at least one confirmed to which the union is selling tickets and Quinte West has one confirmed so far. This and the lies about the refugee family are good examples of media lies, not just shoddy reporting.

Actually, these debates rarely if ever are worth the effort and time. I stopped going to them several elections ago when I witnessed poor behaviour at debates. These meetings are always stacked. Just about everybody in the room, including Conservative supporters, have made up their minds and are only trying to score points so that the media will pick them up and write about them. Our candidates are wise to avoid them if they can. It is far better and more productive to main street or work the doorsteps then to attend those gong shows.

I will agree with that. I stopped going to All Candidates Meetings a decade ago. A complete waste of time, a stage crowded with cranks and malcontents, so that the candidates that had any shot at getting elected were given little time to speak.

I actually had better success talking to my local candidates by forking out some cash to go to the local Chamber of Commerce meeting. Had a good five minute chat with the NDP candidate. I won't vote for him, but he was a decent sort quite happy to talk. I missed a chance to meet the Tory candidate, but he's an incumbent who seems a very sensible sort.

I will agree with that. I stopped going to All Candidates Meetings a decade ago. A complete waste of time, a stage crowded with cranks and malcontents, so that the candidates that had any shot at getting elected were given little time to speak.

I actually had better success talking to my local candidates by forking out some cash to go to the local Chamber of Commerce meeting. Had a good five minute chat with the NDP candidate. I won't vote for him, but he was a decent sort quite happy to talk. I missed a chance to meet the Tory candidate, but he's an incumbent who seems a very sensible sort.

That's Conservative style democracy in action. Pay for access.

Not being muzzled at all.

Being disciplined, which is what Harper brought to the party when he took over, and what MPs were ready to buy into, given their experiences up until then.

We live in the age of the 9 second sound bite, context be damned. And an MSM that will descend upon a misstep like hyenas on a carcass.

I recall, like it was yesterday, Harper's comment about a culture of defeatism having been created in Atlantic Canada by Liberal policies...which, BTW, was spot on. Quite literally within minutes, a CBC reporter was on the streets of Halifax telling people that Harper said they were "defeatists", and what did they think of that? No context whatsoever, no preamble, zilch. They had a chance to create a trumped up unowhat storm around Harper, and they went for it for all they were worth.

Journalistic integrity? Means nothing!

In the early days, one CA MP from Saskatchewan beaked off...totally outside of party policy...regarding some Christian view of homosexuality or whatever, and of course, the MSM had a field day with it. The next caucus meeting, so the story goes, Harper came pretty much unglued...paint peeling off the walls, as one unnamed MP reportedly put it...and that Sask MP didn't show up in the next election.

Harper is a team player, no time for renegades inflicting themselves and their untoward views outside of official policy on the rest of party, full stop.

That's pretty consistent with most successful political leaders.

Not being muzzled at all.

Being disciplined, which is what Harper brought to the party when he took over, and what MPs were ready to buy into, given their experiences up until then.

We live in the age of the 9 second sound bite, context be damned. And an MSM that will descend upon a misstep like hyenas on a carcass.

I recall, like it was yesterday, Harper's comment about a culture of defeatism having been created in Atlantic Canada by Liberal policies...which, BTW, was spot on. Quite literally within minutes, a CBC reporter was on the streets of Halifax telling people that Harper said they were "defeatists", and what did they think of that? No context whatsoever, no preamble, zilch. They had a chance to create a trumped up unowhat storm around Harper, and they went for it for all they were worth.

Journalistic integrity? Means nothing!

are you saying Harper Conservative "truth ads" just reflect upon learning from the best? :lol:

Waldo...

Most whom know their way around federal politics will tell you, quite readily, that Harper took a great many notes on how Chretien ran the LPC.

No doubt, he also made notes about how both Manning and Day managed their leadership, ya think?

Kinda like a top NHL hockey team. No room for prima donnas. No "I" in team. No time for personal agendas outside of official party policy.

Discipline.

Look it up in a dictionary, if you have to.

Edited by Springer

Waldo...

Most whom know their way around federal politics will tell you, quite readily, that Harper took a great many notes on how Chretien ran the LPC.

No doubt, he also made notes about how both Manning and Day managed their leadership, ya think?

Kinda like a top NHL hockey team. No room for prima donnas. No "I" in team. No time for personal agendas outside of official party policy.

Discipline.

Look it up in a dictionary, if you have to.

There is obviously only one "I" in Harper's team. Can you guess ho?

Waldo...

how vague can you be? As for the gawd-father, I'd say their falling out speaks to the notes Manning took on Harper! I'll leave you some room to expand on your vagueness in regards to the "notes" taken by Harper on Day/Chretien... I trust you'll come back with something to align with Harper being such a "skilled tactician", right? :lol:

Waldo...

Guess I was giving you too much credit for political knowledge.

Harper had a problem with Manning's leadership, and didn't run for a second term.

That Harper learned some tricks of the trade from watching Chretien, is a matter of common knowledge. I'm sure you at least know how to do an internet search?

Skilled tactician? Well, let's see now: He won the leadership of the CA. Outflanked the likes of Joe Clark to unite the CA and PCs. (You know, don't you, that before the CA, Harper was approached to run for leadership of the PCs, but declined?) Defeated Paul Martin, and then managed to win an increased minority government, and ultimately won a majority. And now is one of the longest serving PMs in Canadian history. A number of so-called "natural governing party" Liberal leaders have crashed and burned along the way. I don't know, how skilled of a tactician does one deserve credit for having achieved as much? Huh?

And I know, I know! You're probably going to say that this is because the left vote was split, and only 40% of Canadians voted for Harper et al...totally ignoring, of course, that the LPC won all those elections because the right vote was split, and never themselves exceeding 40%, which everyone knows is an entirely different thing. Sorta. I guess.

Edited by Springer

Waldo...

Guess I was giving you too much credit for political knowledge.

nice! You're totally vague and I'm the one "lacking"?

Harper had a problem with Manning's leadership, and didn't run for a second term.

so that whole "ideological differences" concern... that was just one-way, hey?

Skilled tactician? Well, let's see now: He won the leadership of the CA. [waldo: is "winning" over the likes of Barney Stockwell Day... actually something to tout?] Outflanked the likes of Joe Clark to unite the CA and PCs. [waldo: huh! Where does Peter MacKay fit in your revisionism?] Defeated Paul Martin, [waldo: so... it wasn't the sponsorship scandal after all... Harper won it!] and then managed to win an increased minority government, and ultimately won a majority. And now is one of the longest serving PMs in Canadian history. A number of so-called "natural governing party" Liberal leaders have crashed and burned along the way. [waldo: well c'mon... the one guy was just "an American"... just visiting! How tactical was that? ] I don't know, how skilled of a tactician does one deserve credit for having achieved as much? Huh? [waldo: I'd say you've certainly showcased your "political knowledge"... it shows your nonsense about the GreatHarperTactician for the fail your HarperMythLegend perpetuation is]

That's Conservative style democracy in action. Pay for access.

What is the point of access if you write your question on a piece of paper, and if it actually gets asked before the meeting is over, I have to hear what the Marxist-Leninist and two independents, none of which will get fifty votes between them, think about the subject.

What is the point of access if you write your question on a piece of paper, and if it actually gets asked before the meeting is over, I have to hear what the Marxist-Leninist and two independents, none of which will get fifty votes between them, think about the subject.

By all means, you should never have to hear what anyone you disagree with thinks. Only an echo chamber of your own views. That's the Harper way!