Who Is In Charge?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started an OP on a serious constitutional question, one which I was unable to locate on the Net. I posted it here in an attempt for direction to a source which I have not located. Instead it was caught in between this continuing partisan cheerleading on both (all) sides as yet another possible tool with which to batter each other (and me) with. :mellow:

I have tried to ignore the usual insults but to no avail.

I have finally received a response from Ottawa as to details of what transpires during the kinds of emergencies that I described. I am now more knowledgeable of the process and options. If any are still interested then I suggest you go the same route.

I have received my answer.

No one should post another word until they read my post.

http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums/topic/24757-who-is-in-charge/?p=1076214

It is abundantly clear that the government can carry on its business, including in emergencies. They can be recalled to Ottawa too. You guys ask a question, are given a clear answer, and then just keep asking the same stupid question. And then you are surprised when people make fun of your lack of knowledge? Read the link!! If you don't understand something in the link, come back and ask about it.

I started an OP on a serious constitutional question, one which I was unable to locate on the Net. I posted it here in an attempt for direction to a source which I have not located. Instead it was caught in between this continuing partisan cheerleading on both (all) sides as yet another possible tool with which to batter each other (and me) with. :mellow:

I have tried to ignore the usual insults but to no avail.

I have finally received a response from Ottawa as to details of what transpires during the kinds of emergencies that I described. I am now more knowledgeable of the process and options. If any are still interested then I suggest you go the same route.

I have received my answer.

You received your answer right after posting the question. You simply didn't like the answer and didn't trust the people who provided it, demanding proof, demanding other people research what was patently obvious to almost all of them so you didn't have to.

To WWWTT - You often refer to posters as good debaters or "piss poor" debaters. What you read here, most of the time, has nothing to do with "debating".

When debating one has to have respect for their opponent, a vocabulary that allows for expressing nuances, a focus and adherence to the issue being discussed and an acceptance that others do not share your view. When one accepts to debate it is like challenging someone to a duel. You don't duel with someone who would prefer to shoot you in the back. There are rules to which you adhere which you trust your opposite to follow or you are disqualified.

You seldom debate someone you do not like or respect. If you do not like them or respect them then what do you care what they think?

I have followed about three discussions on this board which followed the spirit of debates. Any one who follows these threads knows which ones I mean.

Views were expressed clearly, it was obvious that the posts were read a few times before being sent, there was mutual respect and there was clarity of point and counter point based on research and/or anecdotes or experience. That is debate.

Most of what you read here is angry rhetoric attempting to make someone uncomfortable through innuendo and personal demeaning. I believe the more intelligent and experienced posters here avoid the mud slinging and save their effort for quality of presentation rather than quantity of attacks. That process of quantity with cheap shots does satisfy those angry and frustrated individuals who appear to have no other human outlet for their questionable agenda.

So be it.

Edited by Big Guy