Honey Badger Brigade banned from Calgary Expo

This happened back in April, but I thought I would make a thread.

So honey badger brigade is a group of women that do podcasts about gender issues and other things. They support men's rights and are pro #gamergate. Their members include Alison Tieman (who is a comic artist) and Karen Staughan (who is a fairly well-known men's right activist). They were crowd funded to go to Calgary Expo to meet their fans and sell merchandise. However, after they politely answered some questions from a feminist panel at the expo, they were banned due to harassment complaints and because they did not meet the Calgary Expo mandate of being 'positive and safe for everyone'.

Here are the horrible misogynistic comments by Alison Tieman. Make up your own mind:

Oh no! She doesn't like perpetuating the idea that women are victims! The horror and misogyny!

Shortly after they were kicked out, they tried to meet up with fans in a park, but the police were called on them.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/04/22/behind-calgary-comic-cons-freeze-out-of-the-honey-badger-brigade/

Not only that, the Calgary expo refuses to give back Honey Badger Brigade they money that they paid for to have a booth at the event even though they were unjustly banned. Calgary expo has also changed its story on why they banned them many times. Needless to say, Honey Badger Brigade is considering legal action.

http://www.reaxxion.com/8156/honey-badgers-to-sue-calgary-expo-over-being-banned-by-anti-gamergate

Congrats SJW on banning a bunch of non-heterosexual neuroatypical females that support trans-rights because they don't agree with your SJW narrative.

Edited by -1=e^ipi

Yes. Let's pretend that they were kicked out for their views and not for the fact that they were simply there to harass feminists. That's the problem with you MRAs. You do absolutely nothing to help men. Instead you just harass people you deem "SJWs" and "feminists." It's pathetic.

The sad irony in all of this is that you MRAs criticize "victimhood" all while sobbing piteously about how some tin-foil feminist SJW conspiracy has ruined your lives. Maybe take some responsibility for yourselves and open men's health centres. Open shelters for men who've been abused. Do the things that matter, like feminist have for women. Instead, you pathetic MRA losers just whine and complain about how tough you have and how you're being picked on by the evil SJW movement. Meanwhile, it's the SJWs who've faced death threats, doxxing, and criminal harassment online from you absolutely pitiful MRAs.

Yes. Let's pretend that they were kicked out for their views and not for the fact that they were simply there to harass feminists.

Harass? They were there to meet fans and sell merchandise. They did politely answer some questions from a mainstream feminist, though that wasn't their purpose for being there. Though I guess politely answering questions counts as harassment to a mainstream feminists since it is invading their feminist safe space where they are supposed to be protected from dissenting opinions.

Edited by -1=e^ipi

The sad irony in all of this is that you MRAs

When did I ever claim to identify as an MRA? I did say I support men's rights, just like I support women's rights and the rights of gender non-binary individuals, but that is different from identifying as an MRA.

Maybe take some responsibility for yourselves

This is an attempt trying to make me comply with traditionalist gender-roles and is clearly a micro-aggression.

open men's health centres. Open shelters for men who've been abused.

People try, but they don't get financial support, get misrepresented by SJW/3rd-wave feminists and eventually the owners commit suicide.

http://womenspost.ca/owner-of-shelter-for-abused-men-and-children-commits-suicide-after-financial-ruin-ridicule/

Meanwhile, it's the SJWs who've faced death threats, doxxing, and criminal harassment online from you absolutely pitiful MRAs.

1. Non-SJW groups be it MRAs, #gamergate or whatever have received death threats, been doxed, etc.

2. Just because a SJW claims harassment is from an MRA, doesn't mean it is. On the internet, there are these things called trolls. You may have heard of them. Of course to a SJW, whatever they feel is true or whatever fits their narrative the best must be true; skepticism and doubt don't enter the equation for them.

3. People being misogynistic does not mean they are MRAs.

Edited by -1=e^ipi

Yes because I support men's rights. Am I an FRA because I support women's rights?

I'd have to see some evidence that you do. Mostly, you just parrot whatever GroanerGrunt/MRA message is going around at a given moment.

Anyway, you certainly seem quick to distance yourself from the label, which is an odd thing to do if there's nothing wrong with it.

I'd have to see some evidence that you do. Mostly, you just parrot whatever GroanerGrunt

What is GroanerGrunt?

Anyway, you certainly seem quick to distance yourself from the label, which is an odd thing to do if there's nothing wrong with it.

1. All genders have issues that need to be addressed. I don't see why identifying as an MRA or FRA or whatever would help this. I identify as a gender egalitarian.

2. Some MRAs contain traditionalists or misogynists that I don't want to associate myself with.

I see you're stretching yourself a bit thin. Your post stand on their own "merits."

"take some responsibility", "man up", "be a man", "grow balls". These statements all try to use traditionalist male gender roles to condition my behaviour and ignore men's rights issues.

And yes, what you wrote counts as a 'micro-aggression'.

Edited by -1=e^ipi

What is GroanerGrunt?

I think you can figure it out.

1. All genders have issues that need to be addressed. I don't see why identifying as an MRA or FRA or whatever would help this. I identify as a gender egalitarian.

I've never heard of "FRAs". And whatever you "identify as" you pretty much only talk about MRA issues.

2. Some MRAs contain traditionalists or misogynists that I don't want to associate myself with.

And yet this thread exists.

"take some responsibility", "man up", "be a man", "grow balls". These statements all try to use traditionalist male gender roles to condition my behaviour and ignore men's rights issues.

And yes, what you wrote counts as a 'micro-aggression'.

Aside from being ridiculous, this is also inaccurate.

And yet this thread exists.

Because it's about SJW silencing dissenting opinion.

Also, I don't mind associating myself with the Honey Badger Brigade since they aren't traditionalists or misogynists.

Aside from being ridiculous, this is also inaccurate.

Dismissing my experience is a micro-aggression. You need to check your cisgendered privilege and listen & believe.

Man up, be a man, and grow balls are indeed hegemonic masculine microaggressions. That's not what I said. I said Men's Rights Activists should take some responsibility to affect positive change for men in areas that are needed AND i gave examples of how that could be done.

That's not what you MRAs are all about though. Your post history shows exactly what you're intent on doing. Your goal is to insult and denigrate women, feminists, and SJWs. Your snide and sarcastic rhetoric even in this very thread show that's what your agenda is about. If you actually gave a crap about men's issues, your movement would do something for them. Hell, if MRAs spent half as much energy on addressing men's issues as they do attacking feminists, maybe men who are abused could actually have somewhere to turn, or men's health issues would appropriately be addressed.

But that's not really what the movement is about. It's about a ridiculous conspiracy theory where pathetic losers blame women for all their problems.

This argument comes up so often and it's absolutely and completely idiotic. You know why? Because defending your opinions is free speech. Free speech isn't freedom from criticism. Free speech is the ability to put your opinions out there to be criticized. The government isn't coming to arrest you for posting them, unless you're literally inciting genocide. You know how painfully idiotic the argument that you're being silenced is? It's predicated on the idea that criticizing opinions is silencing them and you're the one criticizing the opinions of people you call "feminists" and "SJWs," yet I don't see you arguing that they're being silenced due to your criticisms.

Seems to me it's about a private organization exercising its rights.

Also, I don't mind associating myself with the Honey Badger Brigade since they aren't traditionalists or misogynists.

They are just allied with them and depend on them for support.

Dismissing my experience is a micro-aggression. You need to check your cisgendered privilege and listen & believe.

I'm sure you think this is clever (it's not) but this just reinforces my suspicions about you.

Edited by Black Dog

That's not what I said. I said Men's Rights Activists should take some responsibility to affect positive change for men in areas that are needed AND i gave examples of how that could be done.

Doesn't matter. Micro-aggression is all about what the victim feels and one can commit micro-aggression unintentionally. And I feel totally micro-aggressioned right now! Do you need to read the Berkeley manual again? Telling a man to take responsibility has been used historically in the same context as one would tell a man to man up or grow balls.

Your goal is to insult and denigrate women, feminists, and SJWs.

Insult and denigrate women? What kind of nonsense is this? Look, I understand you have to believe in a nonsense false dichotomy to perpetuate your belief in the SJW ideology, but really?

3rd-wave feminists and SJWs are an obstacle to achieving gender egalitarianism, not to mention their ideology is just plain wrong. Now they are trying to eliminate free speech by controlling universities, media, etc.

If MRAs spent half as much energy on addressing men's issues as they do attacking feminists, maybe men who are abused could actually have somewhere to turn, or men's health issues would appropriately be addressed.

Do you say the same thing to feminists that start campaigns such as HeforShe where the premise is that it's up to men to achieve gender equality for women? Do you tell women in Saudi Arabia that the reason they aren't allowed to drive is because women's rights organizations in Saudi Arabia have focused too much energy on attacking Islamists? Allocating 100% of the agency to males is a traditionalist concept and part of traditionalist gender roles.

It's about a ridiculous conspiracy theory where pathetic losers blame women for all their problems.

I never said conspiracy. I do not believe there is a conspiracy. It's all out in the open, be it people being kicked out of comic conventions, incorrect opinions being removed from universities, grossly biased media reporting on events such as #gamergate, etc.

Because defending your opinions is free speech. Free speech isn't freedom from criticism. Free speech is the ability to put your opinions out there to be criticized.

You should tell that to the feminists and their feminist safe spaces. Specifically, I would like to see you tell Anita Sarkeesian this.

The government isn't coming to arrest you for posting them, unless you're literally inciting genocide.

No. But if I were a professor at Berkeley, I might not get that promotion...

yet I don't see you arguing that they're being silenced due to your criticisms.

Because disagreeing with someone isn't silencing them. Please inform the SJW of this.

Insult and denigrate women? What kind of nonsense is this? Look, I understand you have to believe in a nonsense false dichotomy to perpetuate your belief in the SJW ideology, but really?

3rd-wave feminists and SJWs are an obstacle to achieving gender egalitarianism, not to mention their ideology is just plain wrong. Now they are trying to eliminate free speech by controlling universities, media, etc

What is the ideology? Explain.

Do you say the same thing to feminists that start campaigns such as HeforShe where the premise is that it's up to men to achieve gender equality for women? Do you tell women in Saudi Arabia that the reason they aren't allowed to drive is because women's rights organizations in Saudi Arabia have focused too much energy on attacking Islamists? Allocating 100% of the agency to males is a traditionalist concept and part of traditionalist gender roles.

False equivalencies and strawmen oh my!

I never said conspiracy. I do not believe there is a conspiracy. It's all out in the open, be it people being kicked out of comic conventions, incorrect opinions being removed from universities, grossly biased media reporting on events such as #gamergate, etc.

Needs a "wake up, sheeple!!!" to really bring it home.

Basically, you're doing that MRA thing where trivial and silly examples of political correct overreach are inflated into enormous threats to society and freedom. At least when the MRAs do it, they do it for the money, not sure what you're getting out of this.

Basically, you're doing that MRA thing where trivial and silly examples of political correct overreach are inflated into enormous threats to society and freedom.

What about when your ilk does it? Like with your desperate defense of the absurdity of 'micro aggression'?

What about when your ilk does it? Like with your desperate defense of the absurdity of 'micro aggression'?

I don't recall saying anything about microaggressions being a threat to society that needed to be purged like some of the loons here say about "SJWs", so I don't think you've got a point.