Obama sings Amazing Grace

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Economy up? Yes, if you mean the weakest recovery on record. Unemployment rate down due to 40 year low in labour participation. Two wars still going strong, one escalating. Millions lied to about being able to keep their health care plans, with premiums skyrocketing, while insurance companies get millions of new mandated customers, largest deficits in history and more debt added in 7 years than all previous presidents COMBINED, Iran allowed to pursue nuclear weapons, Russia allowed to annex other countries territories, relations with ALL other allies in the toilet. But he gives a good speech! Lol!

In the end Shady, it's his legacy that counts. Suck it up. This is what he will be remembered for.

Edited by WestCoastRunner

Economy up? Yes, if you mean the weakest recovery on record. Unemployment rate down due to 40 year low in labour participation. Two wars still going strong, one escalating. Millions lied to about being able to keep their health care plans, with premiums skyrocketing, while insurance companies get millions of new mandated customers, largest deficits in history and more debt added in 7 years than all previous presidents COMBINED, Iran allowed to pursue nuclear weapons, Russia allowed to annex other countries territories, relations with ALL other allies in the toilet. But he gives a good speech! Lol!

Sorry Shady, but I was involved in both those wars, so I know a bit about how they got going. Oh who was that guy...Bush perhaps. He and his crowd effed up Iraq so bad now Obama has to deal with ISIS. And how any of the 9-11 terrorist came from Iraq...give you a hint, its a full numeral less than 1. Afghanistan may have a tad more merit in terms of they knew OSB was there, and it was legally sanctioned. But I dot want to confuse you too much so I will leave it at that.

Spot on. History will not be kind to the empty suit.

Spot on. History will not be kind to the empty suit.

But he gives a good speech! Oh and he can sing n probably dance, which apparently is all that some folks think makes a good president. Sounds kinda racist if you ask me.

But he gives a good speech! Oh and he can sing n probably dance, which apparently is all that some folks think makes a good president. Sounds kinda racist if you ask me.

You're asking people who don't exist in the real world to judge a man based upon you know, actual real world standards. It's pointless.

History has already been kind to Obama, (Nobel peace prize for starters) and will continue to be much more so than it will be to Bush.

His affirmative action Nobel prize means nothing. Awarding him the NHL rookie of the year would be about as significant.

Please let me know when you wish to discuss something of substance regarding this issue.

Obama has just rewritten his legacy this past week. Suck it up.

So Obama rewritten his legacy by singing an song and making a speech??????????

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=steven+harper+singing+a+song&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-002

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=bob+rae+singing+songs&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-002

Shady is 100% RIGHT when he says "lets discuss something of substance!"

Let's give every freekin politician a nobel peace prize for singing a song!

You know what singing a song is?

It's called "entertainment" for freekin crying out loud!!!!

If those here are so moved by Obama singing a song, then go down to the states and sign up for drone strike duty!

Maybe if you're lucky, you'll hit a house with a hellfire missle filled with people attending a wedding!

Funny how siinging a song makes everyone forget that you're the "drone strike king!"

WWWT

History has already been kind to Obama, (Nobel peace prize for starters) and will continue to be much more so than it will be to Bush.

Ya bro you want to debate?

Debate with this fact!

http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/themes/peace/gandhi/index.html

nobel peace prize comes from a predominant white European country.

Let's all look to a white European country to tell us what "peace" should mean!

WWWTT

Debate with this fact!

WWWTT

So tell us, which country do you think should tell what peace should mean.

Debate with this fact!

WWWTT

Well said. The even more ridiculous part is that Obama got the award before he even took office!

This statement illustrates how poorly thought out some of your posts are.

Exactly. I'm not sure how receiving an award before you do anything is related to history being kind to his legacy. Usually history follows, it doesn't come before something!

Exactly. I'm not sure how receiving an award before you do anything is related to history being kind to his legacy. Usually history follows, it doesn't come before something!

Um...its called the Peace Prize, and he was awarded it according to the committee because of his work toward diplomacy and trying to reduce nuclear weapons i the world. You could argue as to how effective his efforts have been, but to assume the Nobel committee just threw a dart at the wall is a bit stupid.

Um...its called the Peace Prize, and he was awarded it according to the committee because of his work toward diplomacy and trying to reduce nuclear weapons i the world. You could argue as to how effective his efforts have been, but to assume the Nobel committee just threw a dart at the wall is a bit stupid.

But he hadn't done any work yet.

Presidents are gauged by the longevity and long term success of their initiatives. The two Roosevelts and Truman were not very popular during and shortly after their terms. Lincoln and Washington were cursed by many for years after they left office. Only time will tell with Obama with the objective test of history.

As to "Amazing Grace". It is one of my most favorite and endearing tunes. Many years ago I attended a World Pipe Band Competition and at the end of the day, all of the bagpipe bands assembled on the field and played Amazing Grace in unison. To hear hundreds of excellent pipers play that tune had the hairs on my arms standing out. Many, many people in the stands had tears in their eyes. I have never experienced something like that again.