OSCE finds Bill C-51 violates Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Of course the position i'm taking is irrational! The position of the government is irrational. That's the whole damn point! The same reason you wouldn't forward me all of your emails is the same reason we have a right to our privacy, right to free association, etc. Even if you're doing nothing wrong, there is value to your privacy. It's YOU conservatives who have complete disregard for people's personal lives and privacy, yet are the first to complain about government intrusion. It's blatant hypocrisy and you can't even step back far enough to see it.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not a red herring. I am really tired of the phony outrage coming from hypocrites.

Citizens of the world killed by USA since WWII - more than 10 million

Citizens of USA killed by people from other countries - less than 10,000

Who are those that bleat the loudest and longest - the USA and their supporters.

Hypocrisy much, TimG?

Edited by Je suis Omar

And this has wht to do with C51......again

It has direct bearing on Tim's fatuous notion that there is any greater hypocrisy than the hypocrisy of, mostly the USA, but also the grand hypocrisy of those countries and people supporting these hypocritical war criminals and terrorists.

What I mentioned above has direct bearing on the many provisions of C 51, which are being inserted to deal with a completely false narrative. A narrative that is a carbon copy of McCarthyism in all its splendiferous lies.

It has direct bearing on Tim's fatuous notion that there is any greater hypocrisy than the hypocrisy of, mostly the USA, but also the grand hypocrisy of those countries and people supporting these hypocritical war criminals and terrorists.

What I mentioned above has direct bearing on the many provisions of C 51, which are being inserted to deal with a completely false narrative. A narrative that is a carbon copy of McCarthyism in all its splendiferous lies.

Naw, just more of your incessant blather about terrorist USA. And in the wrong thread..again. Next it will be how C 51 is somehow a cover up for 9-11.

Citizens of the world killed by USA since WWII - more than 10 million

Citizens of USA killed by people from other countries - less than 10,000

Who are those that bleat the loudest and longest - the USA and their supporters.

Hypocrisy much, TimG?

This has nothing to do with the OP. Try to stay on topic.

Naw, just more of your incessant blather about terrorist USA. And in the wrong thread..again. Next it will be how C 51 is somehow a cover up for 9-11.

The out of control reactions by Harper et al to the completely expected actions of people tired of Terrorist USA is C51.

You are the expert in cover ups. Instead of honestly addressing your frequent mistakes you cover them up with blather.

The out of control reactions by Harper et al to the completely expected actions of people tired of Terrorist USA is C51.

You are the expert in cover ups. Instead of honestly addressing your frequent mistakes you cover them up with blather.

OK so I see you are now supporting C51 as it is in response to what we can expect. Boy your blather gets you into trouble quite often I see. Maybe go to a relative thread with it.

Edited by On Guard for Thee

OK so I see you are now supporting C51 as it is in response to what we can expect. Boy your blather gets you into trouble quite often I see. Maybe go to a relative thread with it.

A excellent example of why you should never attempt editing.

Or writing.

Edited by Je suis Omar

That's not the point of the discussion. We're talking about the OSCE finding the legislation in violation of the UDHR.

Point mostly taken, cyber. "the legislation" is C51. C51 is a response to what? No need to answer. As I have noted, mostly taken. Carry on.

I never noticed the results of any voting to determine this result. Is it similar to a UN General Assembly vote? Who voted for/against the motion? Who abstained?

Edited by Je suis Omar

I do. Clearly you don't. Would you like to borrow a textbook on the matter?

Instead of paddling furiously away from the issue, Bryan, why not paddle your canoe back around and face the issue?

Do you think the conservatives who support C51 are only the "tea party" fringe?

Edited by Je suis Omar

That puts you in the minority according to the polls.

Repeating yourself over and over doesn't make it true. I know how disappointed you are but the most current, reputable poll says that "all things considered", 72% of Canadians support the legislation - which also says that even those that are very familiar with it, 45% are not opposed to it.

The new survey, conducted by the Angus Reid Institute, is a follow-up to a February poll that found 82 per cent favoured the bill. That proportion has now fallen, but not dramatically: 72 per cent still said that, “all things considered,” they support the legislation.

Link: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/security-fears-still-outweigh-concerns-about-lost-rights/article24608809/

Edited by Keepitsimple

Repeating yourself over and over doesn't make it true. I know how disappointed you are but the most current, reputable poll says that "all things considered", 72% of Canadians support the legislation - which also says that even those that are very familiar with it, 45% are not opposed to it.

The new survey, conducted by the Angus Reid Institute, is a follow-up to a February poll that found 82 per cent favoured the bill. That proportion has now fallen, but not dramatically: 72 per cent still said that, “all things considered,” they support the legislation.

Link: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/security-fears-still-outweigh-concerns-about-lost-rights/article24608809/

So your poll disagrees with my poll, but not so much when you actually look into it. (and mine questioned a larger number of people). The majority in your poll say the bill goes too far. And the majority of support in the AR poll seems to center around this so called all things considered classification. And it also says the support drops to a minority when you ask those who are closely following the news about, and are more aware of what is actually in the bill.

So your poll disagrees with my poll, but not so much when you actually look into it. (and mine questioned a larger number of people). The majority in your poll say the bill goes too far. And the majority of support in the AR poll seems to center around this so called all things considered classification. And it also says the support drops to a minority when you ask those who are closely following the news about, and are more aware of what is actually in the bill.

The poll you are referring to is two months old. As I said - the new one shows that even among that minority who are familiar with the legislation, only 55% oppose it. Again - all things considered, 72% of Canadians support it. You are part of the minority. That's not a bad thing - just a fact.

The poll you are referring to is two months old. As I said - the new one shows that even among that minority who are familiar with the legislation, only 55% oppose it. Again - all things considered, 72% of Canadians support it. You are part of the minority. That's not a bad thing - just a fact.

So both polls actually point out that the more ignorant you are of what is actually in the bill, the more likely you would support it. That is a bad thing I would say. Luckily for all of us, the folks over at the SCC do know pretty much what is in the bill.