They're Back

Don't know if this is the right place for this post but things must be looking up for the US military, they are back in the airshow business. Just announced that the F-22 will be performing at the Abbotsford Airshow this summer. One of 21 approved shows it will do.

The Thunderbirds and Blue Angles resumed their performance season last year, after the 2013 sequestration groundings. In the scheme of things, it was felt the public relations and outreach returned to the US military was more than worth the relatively small costs of operating the teams. Of course, both teams seasons were cut by 40-50% and funds will have to be found from someone's rice bowl.

For example, the USAF will save far more money by reorganizing various smaller squadrons into larger squadrons (as was done recently with several C-17 squadrons) or attempting to retire older aircraft types (the A-10). Likewise the USN, which by the end of they year, will have retired the last of the manpower intensive OHP frigates, putting a portion of the cruiser fleet in reduced operating status or slowing the production of the littoral combat ship.

What no F 35s.....They miss yet another airshow season. Oh well that will make it more exciting, and of course safer, for the spectators, not to mention the pilots. Looking fwd to the CYXX show.

That's not true, the F-35 resumed airshows appearances last Fall........

Why not? As already pointed out to you, all flight restrictions have since been lifted......of course, with the USMC, like previous Harrier demos, the "show" is its STOVL attributes.

Engine restrictions flowing from the explosion in Florida just this month. Lets see if that turbine rub problem has been overcome as they try again. Problem is its ot only the rub caused by g force, its the extreme heat as well. Of course as it continues to fail to meet expectations, they simply continue to lower the specs. And just how far behind sked and over budget is this thing now......

Engine restrictions flowing from the explosion in Florida just this month. Lets see if that turbine rub problem has been overcome as they try again. Problem is its ot only the rub caused by g force, its the extreme heat as well. Of course as it continues to fail to meet expectations, they simply continue to lower the specs. And just how far behind sked and over budget is this thing now......

Your're mixing up last years headlines :rolleyes:

And of course, none of the three IOCs have been pushed back, with the F-35B entering full service this Summer.

Your're mixing up last years headlines :rolleyes:

And of course, none of the three IOCs have been pushed back, with the F-35B entering full service this Summer.

Yes I wasnt clear, the engine restrictions have just been lifted this month that arose from the engine explosion in Florida last year. But the excessive heat remains.

Did you read your source?

The program plans to remove all engine‑imposed restrictions from the developmental test fleet by the end of February 2015, after modifications to the engines of each aircraft are complete.

And now, said restrictions have been lifted........like I was saying. Also, nowhere in the piece is their any indication that there still remains problems with the engine.......so do you have a source confirming your claim that problems with the engine still remain or are you just making stuff up?

Did you read your source?

And now, said restrictions have been lifted........like I was saying. Also, nowhere in the piece is their any indication that there still remains problems with the engine.......so do you have a source confirming your claim that problems with the engine still remain or are you just making stuff up?

Supposed to run at 1000 degrees and they are getting up to 1900. Id say thats a problem.

http://www.dodbuzz.com/2014/10/31/pentagon-implements-f-35-engine-fixes/

Supposed to run at 1000 degrees and they are getting up to 1900. Id say thats a problem.

http://www.dodbuzz.com/2014/10/31/pentagon-implements-f-35-engine-fixes/

So you revert back to a dated article........despite the fact, in the present day, such issues have been resolved.......Like I said, you have nothing to support your baseless claim that issues still remain with the F135.

So until you can start to back-up your baseless rantings, I see no value in responding to your further.

So you revert back to a dated article........despite the fact, in the present day, such issues have been resolved.......Like I said, you have nothing to support your baseless claim that issues still remain with the F135.

So until you can start to back-up your baseless rantings, I see no value in responding to your further.

Thats fine, this bomb truck has so many problems that they just keep moving the goalposts around to try and make disappear, that Im sure it wont be long until another one blows up or burns up. And I wonder why Harper is still withholding the independent file he has had in his hands for some time. maybe bad news...

Wow, you schooled him and he doesn't even get it.

After 281 pages elsewhere, if I'd known this was going to become just another F-35 thread, I wouldn't have bothered. But I guess I should have known.

Right, but what was your intent? I'm sure the F-22 will perform well and be popular among the crowds, likewise in the near future, the F-35 (namely a STOVL F-35B), or in previous years, the F-117 and for those old enough, the SR-71........a clear testament to the Lockheed Skunk Works, which have been developing aircraft for decades, that have entertained millions over the years at the Abbotsford Air Show.......

By far my two most favorite aircraft performances at the air show over the years, were in the later 70s, with the SR-71 and the RAF Vulcan bombers....honorable mention to the various historic flights over the years that provided Sea Furys, Spitfires, Mustangs, Corsairs and Skyraiders......

Right, but what was your intent? I'm sure the F-22 will perform well and be popular among the crowds, likewise in the near future, the F-35 (namely a STOVL F-35B), or in previous years, the F-117 and for those old enough, the SR-71........a clear testament to the Lockheed Skunk Works, which have been developing aircraft for decades, that have entertained millions over the years at the Abbotsford Air Show.......

By far my two most favorite aircraft performances at the air show over the years, were in the later 70s, with the SR-71 and the RAF Vulcan bombers....honorable mention to the various historic flights over the years that provided Sea Furys, Spitfires, Mustangs, Corsairs and Skyraiders......

My intent was to point out that the US military is again doing an airshow outside of the US which they did not do last year.

Thats fine, this bomb truck has so many problems that they just keep moving the goalposts around to try and make disappear, that Im sure it wont be long until another one blows up or burns up. And I wonder why Harper is still withholding the independent file he has had in his hands for some time. maybe bad news...

lol, at moving the goal posts...while you're doing exactly that, but that is what you do, you get in over your head, you clearly lose the debate, you change the subject, or the goal posts.

My intent was to point out that the US military is again doing an airshow outside of the US which they did not do last year.

I figured as much, hence my first reply to your OP.........in essence, the USAF isn't so much as doing better, but is being forced to find actual savings elsewhere......binning airshow demos didn't save them that much money, and is more a threat aimed at creating public backlash, much like threats here involving cutting the Snowbirds or the RCMP Musical ride.

I figured as much, hence my first reply to your OP.........in essence, the USAF isn't so much as doing better, but is being forced to find actual savings elsewhere......binning airshow demos didn't save them that much money, and is more a threat aimed at creating public backlash, much like threats here involving cutting the Snowbirds or the RCMP Musical ride.

Don't know why they would expect backlash from Canada and they sure aren't trying to sell the airplane as the F-22 isn't available for export.

Don't know why they would expect backlash from Canada and they sure aren't trying to sell the airplane as the F-22 isn't available for export.

This is true, but it also comes down to marketing. The F-22 is currently the only 5th generation fighter in service, so its use as a technology demonstrator to the public of a partner nation, that is a co-member in NORAD and in the development of the before mentioned F-35, only makes sense.......much the same reason that it will also perform in South Korea this year......