The Star starts its Full Court Press against Harper

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, you are wrong. They have both prorogued 4 times.

I have posted legit links from a fairly reliable source (the NDP's own website. Should be far enough left for you).

I challenge you to prove this wrong.

Maybe look more to your "reliable source" as to the reason for prorogation rather than just the frequency. Then check out the use of closure and time restrictions on passing of bills.

Maybe look more to your "reliable source" as to the reason for prorogation rather than just the frequency. Then check out the use of closure and time restrictions on passing of bills.

Oh. You mean like Chretien to avoid the report on the sponsorship scandal? Things like that?

Anyways, you were saying about records, not reasons.

Love the way you change the debate in the middle when proven wrong.

All bills on the table die.

And it's obvious no matter what source I used you would find fault, but regardless, facts are facts. You just don't have the class to admit when you're wrong.

Oh. You mean like Chretien to avoid the report on the sponsorship scandal? Things like that?

Anyways, you were saying about records, not reasons.

Love the way you change the debate in the middle when proven wrong.

All bills on the table die.

And it's obvious no matter what source I used you would find fault, but regardless, facts are facts. You just don't have the class to admit when you're wrong.

No I mean like Harper using it to continue to hide things like true costs of the F 35 and more damning the report of Afghan prisoners. When I am proven wrong I'll admit it. You have a long way to go to do that.

No I mean like Harper using it to continue to hide things like true costs of the F 35 and more damning the report of Afghan prisoners. When I am proven wrong I'll admit it. You have a long way to go to do that.

You are proven wrong.

4 times each.

Harper will win another majority, and probably prorogue parliament again.

Then you can say he has done it the most.

btw, the fact that the Cons prorogued for more days is really moot. Everything dies on the table, so the fact they stayed out longer in total is irrelevant.

The fact that Jean Chretien's prorogation is the longest on record is also not worthy of discussion, although that is a record Libs do hold.

Again, you are not man/woman enough to admit when you are wrong.

You are proven wrong.

4 times each.

Harper will win another majority, and probably prorogue parliament again.

Then you can say he has done it the most.

btw, the fact that the Cons prorogued for more days is really moot. Everything dies on the table, so the fact they stayed out longer in total is irrelevant.

The fact that Jean Chretien's prorogation is the longest on record is also not worthy of discussion, although that is a record Libs do hold.

Again, you are not man/woman enough to admit when you are wrong.

181 days vs 145 days. Harper wins.

181 days vs 145 days. Harper wins.

lol.

Longest prorogue in Canadian history.

37th Parliament Term: 2001.01.29 - 2004.05.23

CHRETIEN

shut down house to avoid AG report on sponsorship and hand over to Paul Martin

Again, so what? All the work done until then dies. Wasted effort, wasted tax dollars. They all do it, it's crap every time. There's no pointing a finger at one and not the other.

lol You're comparing a Prime Minister proroguing parliament to resign to the reasons Harper prorogued? Come on.

You think that it was simply because of his resignation? You're not quite that gullible, I think you know better. I thought Chrétien was great and I know better.

Another shameless article from The Star's Harper-hating pitbull - Heather Mallick. Here's a few excerpts as The Star ramps up it's attack on anything Conservative. You simply do not see this type of venom in other papers - including the Toronto Sun. This isn't an isolated case - Mallick's palpable hatred for Harper - aided and abetted by the Star's Editorial Board, has been ongoing for years. It truly is shameless.

In the first month of this election year, Stephen Harper is moving from moderate levels of sinister to peak viciousness.

Harper, the grown man who fled to a closet

A prime minister too cowardly to declare war has sent soldiers to edge up to an enemy and see what happens.

If it isn’t humiliating enough to have a PM who hid in a crisis, we have one imitating that rage-filled Florida killer with beady eyes an inch apart, a thug who even the cops say remains a ticking bomb.

As proof of Harper’s violent insecurity and shame......

Link: http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2015/01/30/stephen-harpers-new-video-exhibit-a-of-violent-insecurity-mallick.html

Another shameless article from The Star's Harper-hating pitbull - Heather Mallick. Here's a few excerpts as The Star ramps up it's attack on anything Conservative. You simply do not see this type of venom in other papers - including the Toronto Sun. This isn't an isolated case - Mallick's palpable hatred for Harper - aided and abetted by the Star's Editorial Board, has been ongoing for years. It truly is shameless.

Link: http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2015/01/30/stephen-harpers-new-video-exhibit-a-of-violent-insecurity-mallick.html

Sure, the Sun newspapers are never going to say anything nasty about Harper, but what about the way Sun Media serves the Conservative Party during elections - attacking every Liberal or NDP leader in federal and provincial elections...and getting increasingly hysterical, the more it looks like the Tories are going to lose....like Harper will whenever he calls the next federal election!

If you just want to see sunshine coming out of the PM's ass all you have to do is watch the Sun News Channel 24/7.

Sure, the Sun newspapers are never going to say anything nasty about Harper, but what about the way Sun Media serves the Conservative Party during elections - attacking every Liberal or NDP leader in federal and provincial elections...and getting increasingly hysterical, the more it looks like the Tories are going to lose....like Harper will whenever he calls the next federal election!

If you just want to see sunshine coming out of the PM's ass all you have to do is watch the Sun News Channel 24/7.

You missed the point entirely. Of course the Sun is a cheerleader for Harper - although they DO criticise him at times. The Start likewise evangelizes Trudeau. But The Star stoops to a bitter and nasty tone with Heather Mallick - with genuine tinges of hatred - and we're not even into the election yet! You won't find shameless rants like that in any other paper - including the Sun.

Edited by Keepitsimple

I never voted for Chretien because I do know better.

He's an old school political hack who will be assessed later as one of the worst PMs in our history.

Who can forget Adscam, or the 96 referendum when he came within a whisker of snoozing his way through the dissolution of the country? Now that is leadership.......

Edited by overthere

But The Star stoops to a bitter and nasty tone with Heather Mallick - with genuine tinges of hatred - and we're not even into the election yet! You won't find shameless rants like that in any other paper - including the Sun.

Of course you wont.....if you never go looking.

Yes they do.

But Mallick is an opinion writer , and a pretty bad and nasty one at that. She is over the top fairly often.

Ezra Levant is a proven liar, over the top as well.

So yeah.....they both have nasty idiots writing for them.

• 8 months later...

Have people noticed the "Harper Shift" articles that The Star has been publishing for the past Month? Of course, there is no bias from The Star, is there? The Lefties are out in full force......

The Harper Shift is a month-long look at how Canada has changed over a decade of Conservative government and, at this pivotal moment, at what kind of country we want to become. Here Chris Turner looks at the Tories’ dismantling of Canada’s fact-finding apparatus.

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/commentary/2015/09/16/stephen-harpers-war-on-experts.html

The Harper Shift is a month-long look at how Canada has changed over a decade of Conservative government — and at what kind of country we want to become. Here Eugene Lang considers a decade of war.

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/commentary/2015/09/25/harpers-foreign-policy-all-war-no-diplomacy.html

The Harper Shift looks at how Canada has changed over 10 years of Conservative government – and at what kind of country we want to become. Here economists Jordan Brennan and Jim Stanford consider a decade of dismal economic growth

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/commentary/2015/09/17/harpers-economic-record-the-worst-in-canadas-postwar-history.html

The Harper Shift is a month-long look at how Canada has changed over a decade of Conservative government – and at what kind of country we want to become. Here Naomi Alboim considers Canada’s increasingly stingy immigration policy.

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/commentary/2015/09/18/we-closed-our-doors-to-the-world.html

Edited by Keepitsimple

Everything that happens in the world is harper's fault. One thing that pisses me off is the reference to harper losing 400,000 jobs in ONT whne everyone knows that is all on the ONT liberal government's green energy policies and other boondoggles. Red rosie on P & P is doing her best to bad mouth the conservatives , on her show,but people are catching on.

Everything that happens in the world is harper's fault. One thing that pisses me off is the reference to harper losing 400,000 jobs in ONT whne everyone knows that is all on the ONT liberal government's green energy policies and other boondoggles. Red rosie on P & P is doing her best to bad mouth the conservatives , on her show,but people are catching on.

Yep.

I am surprised though at thestar.com wrt the comments in the articles. It used to be very much pro red, now it's half red half blue, if not more blue than red. What the hell happened?