Liberal Party of Canada's misinformation on Bill C-42

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Transporting restricted weapons currently requires an application each time. C 42 removes that.

And BTW you have totally got it wrong saying the NDP and Libs oppose the reinstatement of the LGR. I think you may be lingering in the past when JT said the LGR was in it's day a failure. Bothe he and Mulcair have said they would vote for it again if it was upgraded.

Yes it does but, as D2 states, don't hold your breath waiting for him to get it.

No actually it doesn't, as the other poster said, name one, name the thing that actually changes where and under what circumstances a restricted firearm can be transported. You won't, i read through this whole thread and what strikes me most is how you are exactly the reason that the liberals outright lie about C-42 and gun owners in general. Low information voters who have a bias against gun ownership and couldn't care less about reality, it's no wonder they lie when people like you are so eager to beleive.

O and one other thing, if i owned a restricted firearm and wanted to do something illegal with it, just what about an ATT, or in the past, a registration certificate, just what about having or not having those pieces of paper actually prevented me from doing something bad with those firearms? In other words an ATT is a completely ridiculous requirement and a totally useless piece of paper. Do you think that illegal handguns that are used in the majority of firearms crimes would somehow become inoperable if the owner had those peieces of paper? Do adults beleive these things? Zero effect on public safety, that's what C-42 has, zero, but liberals out to buy votes could care less, and it's no wonder.

Transporting restricted weapons currently requires an application each time. C 42 removes that.

No it doesn't, once the RPAL holder obtains his or hers Long-term ATT......a Short Term ATT is issued once, for single use, when a RPAL holder purchases a firearm, to transport the firearm from the store to their home, then the firearm is covered under said holders LTATT.........Also, a STATT will be issued if a gun owner is transporting said firearm(s) out of Province.

Here are the rules & reg encompassing transport........

Now demonstrate just a single rule that will be removed under C-42....

No it doesn't, once the RPAL holder obtains his or hers Long-term ATT......a Short Term ATT is issued once, for single use, when a RPAL holder purchases a firearm, to transport the firearm from the store to their home, then the firearm is covered under said holders LTATT.........Also, a STATT will be issued if a gun owner is transporting said firearm(s) out of Province.

Here are the rules & reg encompassing transport........

Now demonstrate just a single rule that will be removed under C-42....

I already did. A restricted weapon can be transported under c 42 without any prior notification. Can't explain it any simpler than that

And BTW you have totally got it wrong saying the NDP and Libs oppose the reinstatement of the LGR. I think you may be lingering in the past when JT said the LGR was in it's day a failure. Bothe he and Mulcair have said they would vote for it again if it was upgraded.

Ahh no......Trudeau as stated clearly that he would not bring back a registry, likewise the NDP recanted (several days ago) on bringing back a registry.........you've got it wrong....yet again.

I already did. A restricted weapon can be transported under c 42 without any prior notification. Can't explain it any simpler than that

A restricted firearm can be transported now without any prior notification....as outlined within the Firearms Act.

Do you think that gun owners have to let someone know every time they went to the range? What about an ATT makes a firearm less transportable or inoperable?

Do you think that gun owners have to let someone know every time they went to the range?

Indeed.........any RPAL holders ATT, once obtained is valid through to the expiry of the license (5 years) or the holder ending membership with the gun club(s) listed on the ATT application.........with C-42, the ATT will be combined with the license.

Edited by Derek 2.0

Apparently you may not have read the act and/or the changes proposed.

I know the current Firearms Act and what the proposed changes C-42 will bring about..........You do not have a clue......do you really think 100s of thousands of RPAL holders are required to phone the RCMP prior to going to their range? :lol:

I know the current Firearms Act and what the proposed changes C-42 will bring about..........You do not have a clue......do you really think 100s of thousands of RPAL holders are required to phone the RCMP prior to going to their range? :lol:

Oh yeah, I have a clue. Now why don't you and poochy hash this out. I see a similar level of discussion. :P

Oh yeah, I have a clue. Now why don't you and poochy hash this out. I see a similar level of discussion. :P

You have a clue on what? Not a clue to be found with regards to Canadian Firearms Law, as you've clearly demonstrated in nearly every single one of your posts in this thread..........

So, care to demonstrate what transport rules and regulations will be removed by Bill C-42? I can save you the trouble though.......nothing.

I took the RPAL course just under a year ago, though i haven't bothered to apply for my license at current. As Derek has stated, a n ATT is valid for the full 5 years that the license is.

You have a clue on what? Not a clue to be found with regards to Canadian Firearms Law, as you've clearly demonstrated in nearly every single one of your posts in this thread..........

So, care to demonstrate what transport rules and regulations will be removed by Bill C-42? I can save you the trouble though.......nothing.

Currenrly to transport a restricted weapon you need a permit. Under C 42, you don't. Now if you caught somewhere that is not on a direct route to one of 5 places you are allowed to transport the weapon you are busted. Under C42 you could be parked at Tim Horton's on the other side of town and that's OK. The changes may be too subtle for you to comprehend, but they are there.

Currenrly to transport a restricted weapon you need a permit. Under C 42, you don't. Now if you caught somewhere that is not on a direct route to one of 5 places you are allowed to transport the weapon you are busted. Under C42 you could be parked at Tim Horton's on the other side of town and that's OK. The changes may be too subtle for you to comprehend, but they are there.

Ahhh wrong again, currently you need an ATT to transport a restricted firearm......under C-42, you'll still need an ATT to transport a restricted firearm, but your ATT will be incorporated into your RPAL...........like I've been saying since the OP :rolleyes:

And no, the current rules and regulations encompassed in ones ATT will still apply under C-42.....It is obvious that you can't comprehend this, nothing changes other than the ATT and RPAL will be one.