Iran Key To Middle East Peace

Big Guy

You and Big Guy admire Iran. I have to assume you approve of their methods if you're supporting them.

Do I have to defend my position vis a vis the link big guy posted? I don't think so. It is cultural and has nothing to do with hanging pictures you randomly place here....

You have missed the point....

You seem to have implied it was Iran's 'culture' to hang homosexuals from cranes. Not a part of the justice system.

Did The Shah also murder gays?

Edited by DogOnPorch

You seem to have implied it was Iran's 'culture' to hang homosexuals from cranes. Not a part of the justice system.

Did The Shah also murder gays?

....posts are subject to interpretations....amyone with a common sense will see the point I was trying to make here.

You do have the tendency to politicise everything.

Edited by kactus

....posts are subject to interpretations....amyone with a common sense will see the point I was trying to make here.

You do have the tendency to politicise everything.

It's a political forum.

Did the Shah execute homosexuals for being homosexuals?

It's a political forum.

Did the Shah execute homosexuals for being homosexuals?

Duh! And here I was thinking it is simpsons show...

The point you are making is irrelevant as you have the tendency to highjacknthe topic for your motivations. Have been here long to see your style...

Duh! And here I was thinking it is simpsons show...

The point you are making is irrelevant as you have the tendency to highjacknthe topic for your motivations. Have been here long to see your style...

The Shah did not execute homosexuals for being so unlike the current fellows in charge. The Shah's wife, Farah, was also a big fan of women's liberation...so she kept the Shah in line re: women's rights in modernity. Iran used to be a close friend of both Israel and the USA before the Islamic fascists took over in 1979.

The Shah did not execute homosexuals for being so unlike the current fellows in charge. The Shah's wife, Farah, was also a big fan of women's liberation...so she kept the Shah in line re: women's rights in modernity. Iran used to be a close friend of both Israel and the USA before the Islamic fascists took over in 1979.

Whilst this is true is it only the bit that iran was a close friend of Israel back then that appeals to you? I mean in all honesty if iran under the shah was exactly the same as you described but hostile towards israel would you still hold the same opinion? Hmmm i don't think so Edited by kactus

Same shah whose father you described as nazi sympathiser? Common make your mind up...

The Shah's father was a Nazi sympathizer and invited German officials to Iran for strategy meetings frequently. Iran was renamed from Persia in honour of Hitler's rise to power.

Stalin was taking keen interest in this activity and when Germany invaded the USSR in 1941, used the opportunity to invade Iran and instill the pro-Allied Shah...not only to protect his flank but to hopefully take the oil fields. Churchill was having none of this and 'co-operated' with Stalin on the invasion of Iran so that Britain could take control of the oil fields rather than Stalin. Smart move it proved to be as the USSR along with Iranian communists tried to make Iran part of the USSR in 1946.

I encourage you to read-up on your own nation's history.

The Shah's father was a Nazi sympathizer and invited German officials to Iran for strategy meetings frequently. Iran was renamed from Persia in honour of Hitler's rise to power.

Stalin was taking keen interest in this activity and when Germany invaded the USSR in 1941, used the opportunity to invade Iran and instill the pro-Allied Shah...not only to protect his flank but to hopefully take the oil fields. Churchill was having none of this and 'co-operated' with Stalin on the invasion of Iran so that Britain could take control of the oil fields rather than Stalin. Smart move it proved to be as the USSR along with Iranian communists tried to make Iran part of the USSR in 1946.

I encourage you to read-up on your own nation's history.

...,Question still stands as you have conveniently avoided...

Why would one support Iran knowing that his father was a nazi sympathiser?

Also if Iran under the shah was hostile towards Israel would you still have the selective recollection of saying good things about iran?

Edited by kactus

...,Question still stands as you have conveniently avoided...

Why would one support Iran knowing that his father was a nazi sympathiser?

Also if Iran under the shah was hostile towards Israel would you still have the selective recollection of saying good things about iran?

Stalin removed said Nazi sympathizer in 1941. His son, The Shah, was pro-Allied all the way.

Iran and Israel had good relations under The Shah. Everybody prospered.

Edited by DogOnPorch

Stalin removed said Nazi sympathizer in 1941. His son, The Shah, was pro-Allied all the way.

Iran and Israel had good relations under The Shah. Everybody prospered.

I thought that wouldn't wash well with your mufti argument where you blamed everything on him. But apparently it is okay to have a relation with Iran whose leader was a nazi sympathiser of kozac origin just because shah iran was friendly towards israel.... This is it everything with you revolves around Israel. If iran under the shah was hostile towards israel you wouldn't say nice things about iran

I thought that wouldn't wash well with your mufti argument where you blamed everything on him. But apparently it is okay to have a relation with Iran whose leader was a nazi sympathiser of kozac origin just because shah iran was friendly towards israel.... This is it everything with you revolves around Israel. If iran under the shah was hostile towards israel you wouldn't say nice things about iran

Nobody removed the pro-Nazi Mufti. He lived to a ripe old age and died in 1974. At least he got to see the Arabs defeated yet again in another surprise attack on Israel called the Yom Kippur War...or the October War for you. Before you were born, no doubt.

Edited by DogOnPorch

The point remains that your selective approach to praise one country whose leader was a nazi sympathiser (as you put it) over mufti shows your bias is just in favour of whichever country is friendly towards israel. A bit hypocritical me thinks....

The point remains that your selective approach to praise one country whose leader was a nazi sympathiser (as you put it) over mufti shows your bias is just in favour of whichever country is friendly towards israel. A bit hypocritical me thinks....

The Shah's father didn't become one of the main perpetrators of the Final Solution, escape justice and then start a war in the Middle East. I'm not a fan of either men. Your 'logic' fails yet again.

The Shah's father didn't become one of the main perpetrators of the Final Solution, escape justice and then start a war in the Middle East. I'm not a fan of either men. Your 'logic' fails yet again.

You wouldn't have supported shah if he was everything that you mentioned but hostile towards israel...