2014 U.S. Mid-term Elections

The U.S. mid-term elections are only a couple of weeks away, so I figured there should be a thread to post any and all things related. Things don't look very good for Democrats right now. They're looking at losing a few more seats in the House, and losing control of the Senate.

The current generic ballot gives Republicans a 4 point edge.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/generic_congressional_vote-2170.html

Edited by Shady

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AP puts the GOP up 8 in the generic ballot:

But the GOP holds a significant lead among those most likely to cast ballots: 47 percent of these voters favor a Republican controlled-Congress, 39 percent a Democratic one. That’s a shift in the GOP’s favor since an AP-GfK poll in late September, when the two parties ran about evenly among likely voters.

http://ap-gfkpoll.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/AP-GfK_Poll_October_2014_Topline_Politics.pdf

Lots of Canadians seem to think that America controls every aspect of their lives anyway.

one (claimed) American here seems to think his perpetual statements/claims/implications that 'America controls every aspect of Canadian lives', actually has merit, relevance, meaning, significance, etc., to the rather smallish MLW snapshot of Canadians represented on this board. 35K+ posts and counting... MLW controlling one undeniable aspect of your life! Again, thank you for your service! :lol:

Nope...what could be more rewarding than sharing world events with my "cousins", "brothers", and "sisters" who live "north of the border" in the "provinces" as well as in the "states". We are fellow "North Americans" after all, except that most Canadians do not include Mexicans....odd that.

Nope...what could be more rewarding than sharing world events with my "cousins", "brothers", and "sisters" who live "north of the border" in the "provinces" as well as in the "states". We are fellow "North Americans" after all, except that most Canadians do not include Mexicans....odd that.

Now that's hilarious. I don't know any Canadians who don't consider Mexico part of North America. We even properly consider Cuba part of North America. It's a very popular vacation spot not open to Americans. You may have heard of it.

You know what else is part of North America? Guatemala, Haiti, The Dominican Republic, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Jamaica, The Bahamas, Costa Rica, and all the other Central American and Caribbean states.

How come you don't talk about these North American brothers and sisters as much as you obsess over Canada?

Hosted all the way South in Texas and yet still obsessed with Canadian politics. Nothing interesting enough on the American politics forums for you/

this is perhaps the most salient point of all. I regularly check out a cross-section of U.S. political discussion boards, a few with more than 100K members; there's rarely any mention of Canada... ever! And yet we have this guy so absolutely obsessed with MLW and righting his perceived wrongs that a smallish number of wascally MLW members have foisted upon America! Always fighting the obsessed fight... what self-respecting American would so care about Canada this much? 35K+ posts and counting. A while back another MLW member speculated a Canadian Border Services Agent must have really ticked the guy off... but when is enough, enough... when will "Mission Accomplished" be declared? :lol:

That's the best part....If little 'ol me represents an obsession, think what thousands...no millions.... of Canadians obssessing about 'Murica and 'merkins means. Amazing !!!

I hope the U.S. midterm elections gives Canada something to be interested in....such drama !

1. Will the eeevil Republican NeoCon Tea Party faithful keep the House and get control of the Senate ?

2. Or will the brave and progressive Democrats win the day and get Congress back for their president ?

It is so exciting !!!

I hope the U.S. midterm elections gives Canada something to be interested in

Do you? Because I swear you've said before that you don't care what Canadians think about your government or its policies. Now you hope Canadians are interested. Regardless, I'm sure there's very few Canadians even remotely as interested in American politics as you are in Canadian politics with nearly 36000 posts here.

Do you?

Yes...I do, because it is obvious that it really matters for reasons that escape me. Maybe it's that new bridge plaza you guys want or the Keystone pipeline....or how about stopping country of origin labeling for tainted meat. God knows it is always something...right ? The world watches and waits for U.S. midterms. My oh my...what will the U.S. do ?

36,000 posts ain't nutin'....I'm shooting for 100,000...the Good Lord (and MLW mods) willing.

That's great...'cause Change.org is also American (B Corp.). Can a brutha get some Canadian content 'round here ?

now you're just recycling your old crap here! Change.org claims to be the world's largest petition platform... has offices in 4 continents... 70 million users in 196 countries. Besides, your call for "Canadian content" makes no sense as for liability concerns, change.org disavows any relationship and/or attachment to petition content... try again, hey. :lol:

That's great...'cause Change.org is also American (B Corp.). Can a brutha get some Canadian content 'round here ?

Why would I get a Canadian company for the petition when I'm petitioning for an American who so desperately wants to be Canadian? The petition should come from America, land of the free, home of the brave!