Ontario has voted 'no' to accrediting Trinity University Law P

That was nine years ago and the covenant still stands because of a Supreme Court ruling, so what's your point?

BTW, who is saying gays can't get married?

Because the law says one cannot discriminate against them as per the CMA .

The other court case was prior to the CMA thus the verdict.

I really dont get the concern on this. It isnt like the LSUC is saying they cant be lawyers. They can be, even in Ontario.

If they pull the one convenant that discrimates then everything is fine.

But if they want to be the typical martyr (christians the worst) then they should expect flak.

I'm throwing in the towel. Let's see how the next round of BC's accreditation unfolds. I have expressed my opinions and like i say, this is going in circles. I don't really care about legislation. I care about how Canada is proceeding with this covenant, which would be a first in Canada. I have already expressed that in this thread. It is wrong to allow this University to demand their students sign this covenant. Let's not got bogged down in legalize. Let's look at it from a canadian human rights perspective. We don't want to go down the road of the U.S.'s religious prejudical education system. Again, I repeat. This would be a first in Canada. Let's do the right thing for Canada.

This would be a first for a university requesting their students signing a covenant such as this in Canada.

I doubt that, but I do understand the need for the obligatory anti-American rhetoric to pump up the excitement. It is not difficult to find such things in Canadian colleges and seminaries, like this interesting "covenant" from Briercrest (Caronport, SK) :

...sexual immorality or any form of interpersonal sexual activity conducted outside of a
monogamous, heterosexual marriage

http://www.briercrest.ca/media/556530/Briercrest%20Seminary%20Student%20Life%20Covenant.pdf

Edited by bush_cheney2004

I doubt that, but I do understand the need for the obligatory anti-American rhetoric to pump up the excitement. It is not difficult to find such things in Canadian colleges and seminaries, like this interesting "covenant" from Briercrest (Caronport, SK) :

...sexual immorality or any form of interpersonal sexual activity conducted outside of a
monogamous, heterosexual marriage

http://www.briercrest.ca/media/556530/Briercrest%20Seminary%20Student%20Life%20Covenant.pdf

Are you kidding me. This university does not offer a law program. Take a look at what they offer: http://www.briercrest.ca/seminary/programs

Don't you subscribe to the same anti-canadian rhetoric. I can give plenty of examples, if you wish.

Edited by WestCoastRunner

Are you kidding me. This university does not offer university programs. Take a look at what they offer: http://www.briercrest.ca/seminary/programs

Don't you subscribe to the same anti-canadian rhetoric. I can give plenty of examples, if you wish.

Nice cop out....so it would be OK for Canadian colleges to demand such covenants ?

That's OK...this is a teaching moment. I get to demonstrate that such covenants already exist in Canada beyond the BC law school, and you get to disagree. This is how discussion forums work.

You haven't really demonstrated an example like the Trinity University Covenant. I understand how discussion forums work. Please don't be condescending as you like to practice.

You haven't really demonstrated an example like the Trinity University Covenant. I understand how discussion forums work. Please don't be condescending as you like to practice.

No example will satisfy your obvious bias and ideology. I easily found one....could easily find more.

The point vis-a-vis existing student covenants has been made whether you agree or not.

No example will satisfy your obvious bias and ideology. I easily found one....could easily find more.

The point vis-a-vis existing student covenants has been made whether you agree or not.

Find more and show me at the university level with a law school degree program.