Natural gas rates

Topaz

I'm going to try to tackle the lot of this misinformation pile.

Cali is a completely different beast with their fully privatized power generator and grid. If you want to go that way check with which of the political parties wish to send you that way.

How does that tackle the fact that Enron deliberately did brownouts when there really was never the strain on the grid.

Do you know the power consumption of an Autoflush? 0.5 mW, 1/120000th of a std incandescent bulb, so I think we've conserved enough in other areas to cover the cost of germ spreading hand to mouth. Be more concerned about your dryer.

I live in an apartment. So I pay for each load. And I bet I pay lot more than you do even at peak hours. But take a look through your day and see what requires power these days. Making things more power efficient is a great idea (hey is that energy star logo still worth anything these days?). More of our devices are requiring power, and more of them are requiring more power all the time.

What Enbridge is looking at is a 40% increase in rates. The property owners of this building have to go to a tribune to get the max of a 5% rate increase. Who did Enbridge talk to?

I'll give it a year before they pull out a gas smart meter to help you save money. And many will praise the company for doing so.

Please provide evidence from anywhere that time of use billing for Natural Gas is even being proposed.

Gas providers pre-purchase their gas so there isn't an issue with peak demand.

The technology exists already for it. So it's only a matter of time before a similar pricing scheme is applied to gas as it is to electricity.

https://www.hydro.mb.ca/corporate/facilities/smart_meters.shtml

A smart meter can be used with electricity or natural gas services. It records interval energy consumption and other data, and regularly communicates that data to a utility. Smart meters can also receive communications from a utility.

The technology exists already for it. So it's only a matter of time before a similar pricing scheme is applied to gas as it is to electricity.

https://www.hydro.mb.ca/corporate/facilities/smart_meters.shtml

Yeah,It's much harder for utilities to screw us on natural gas demand charges since gas can be stored in the ground or in tanks under pressure, unlike electricity.

And if the demand charges got onerous, consumers would find ways to buy it at the cheapest times, store it onsite, and eliminate any time of day surcharges.