Ontario Provincial Police on gas plants

PIK

If I heard this right on the radio the OPP commsih said the worst could be a mischief charge. And when asked if they talked to dalton ,he had no idea. The liberals certainly has the OPP wrapped around thier finger, it true.Maybe it is time to investigate the OPP.

• 4 weeks later...

Effin Criminals!

http://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2014/03/27/police_allege_breach_of_trust_by_former_dalton_mcguinty_staffer_over_computer_access.html

Dalton McGuinty’s last chief of staff got a deputy’s IT-savvy boyfriend “unrestricted” access to 24 employees’ computers in the premier’s office before and after Kathleen Wynne took power, alleges a search warrant request from an OPP officer probing deleted emails in the $1.1 billion scandal over cancelled power plants.

Before obtaining the access, chief of staff David Livingston told the executive assistant to Cabinet Secretary Peter Wallace of his intent to use a person from outside the Ontario Public Service to wipe out hard drives in the offices of the premier during the transition to Wynne’s government, the document alleges.

Information in the warrant application has not been tested in court.

The warrant’s approval cleared the way for the Ontario Provincial Police anti-rackets squad to take 24 computer hard drives from a Mississauga data storage warehouse, according to documents ordered unsealed Thursday by a judge in Ottawa at the Star’s request.

Dalton should be doing a Perp Walk alongside RoFo!

Edited by Boges

It's telling that the media have treated McGuinty with kid gloves over the past two years. When Nigel Wright, Harper's Chief of Staff, did something "on his own", the media, led by the CBC and Toronto Star - immediately tied "the Duffy Affair" to Stephen Harper - what did he know - when did he know it...blah, blah, blah. Now, when David Livingston - McGuinty's Chief of Staff - is accused of something far more devious, where is the media hue and cry that brings McGuinty front and center? A front page story in the Star - detailed and fairly in depth - made no connection to McGuinty personally....and no doubt the Star will support the "new" Wynne Liberals in the upcoming election.

When Nigel Wright, Harper's Chief of Staff, did something "on his own", the media, led by the CBC and Toronto Star - immediately tied "the Duffy Affair" to Stephen Harper - what did he know - when did he know it...blah, blah, blah. Now, when David Livingston - McGuinty's Chief of Staff - is accused of something far more devious, where is the media hue and cry that brings McGuinty front and center?

Oh I know, its in all the headlines that say "McGuinty's Chief of Staff involved in....."

See how that works? They used McGuinty's name, tying him into it.

The media, led by the CBC and Toronto Star..... :lol::lol:

Time for a new slogan

Edited by Guyser2

The scandal will not go away nor should it. For Wynne to try pretend she is separate from it is an insult to voters. However she is now sending out the exact same lie as McGuinty, i.e., she won't raise taxes. The exact same lie again. Now you tell me how do you not raise taxes with a bankrupt government and fund a subway system? Give me a break.

Wynne is a lying sleeze bag. The only reason she still breathes is thanks to the ineptitude and sheer incompetence of the opposition. I am not sure what is more painful the opposition or the government in power. Its a total wasteland and we need fresh blood in all 3 parties.

Such rampant ineptitude and incompetence. They all make me puke. The McGuinty cover up and lying about taxes is bad enough but for Wynne to continue with the same lies makes me want to puke.

I hear Hazel McCallion will be not working next October. Maybe she should run. Maybe a 93 year old with more wrinkles than Kathlyn Wynne's neck would do us all some good.

Oh I know, its in all the headlines that say "McGuinty's Chief of Staff involved in....."

See how that works? They used McGuinty's name, tying him into it.

The media, led by the CBC and Toronto Star..... :lol::lol:

Time for a new slogan

And that was the only real tie to McGuinty......and they had to say it that way. They couldn't just say "Liberals" because that would stain their Wondergirl, Wynne and to some extent, the Federal Liberals for those who don't read beyond the headline. :lol: (Back at ya).

Edited by Keepitsimple

And that was the only real tie to McGuinty......and they had to say it that way. They couldn't just say "Liberals" because that would stain their Wondergirl, Wynne and to some extent, the Federal Liberals for those who don't read beyond the headline. :lol: (Back at ya).

Actually no , not at all.

Lots of articles in the Star today, comparing he and his secretary to Nixon and Rose Mary Woods , so in effect they are constantly tying in McGuinty w the scandal.....and Wynne too !

Please read the papers instead of making things up.

Actually no , not at all.

Lots of articles in the Star today, comparing he and his secretary to Nixon and Rose Mary Woods , so in effect they are constantly tying in McGuinty w the scandal.....and Wynne too !

Please read the papers instead of making things up.

Actually, you're wrong (or you're making it up <_<) - if you read that article, the secretary that you're referring to is Wendy Wai - she's not McGuinty's secretary - she's the Chief of Staff's secretary. I admit they use the term "McGuinty Government" repeatedly - but as I said - they have to in order to protect Wynne..... but oh my, what lengths they have gone to over the past two years to insulate McGuinty from any personal orchestration of these many scandals. The chickens are coming home to roost.

Edited by Keepitsimple

they have to in order to protect Wynne..... but oh my, what lengths they have gone to over the past two years to insulate McGuinty from any personal orchestration of these many scandals. The chickens are coming home to roost.

One only need read the reems of newstack over the past two years to know that the above is complete nonsense.

The media....ugh. When will you guys get a new mantra, or at least an honest one?

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2014/04/10/poll_suggests_gasplants_scandal_hurting_kathleen_wynnes_liberals.html

The Liberal gas-plants scandal is fuelling a surge in support for the Progressive Conservatives, according to a new poll.

Forum Research’s latest survey shows the controversy is hurting Premier Kathleen Wynne even though it dates to her predecessor, Dalton McGuinty.

The poll found Tim Hudak’s Progressive Conservatives now lead with 38 per cent support to 31 per cent for Wynne’s Liberals, 23 per cent for Andrea Horwath’s New Democrats and 7 per cent for Mike Schreiner’s Green Party.

It’s the firm’s first sampling of public opinion since it was revealed police are investigating David Livingston, McGuinty’s former chief of staff, over the alleged wiping of government computers last year.

The Liberals will make all the appropriate promises once again and get re elected. I mean who wants bad news ? The Gas Plant scandal should deep six any party. But the populace ,including me do not understand or comprehend what a billion dollars is . Hudak and company have to define a scandal of $49.95 of tax payers money being squandered on self serving lunches to get the electorates attention. Hudak may just be a fine person but he does not have the chutzpah to engage voters. How I wish I was wrong!

• 2 years later...
On 4/17/2014 at 5:26 AM, Muddy said:

The Liberals will make all the appropriate promises once again and get re elected. I mean who wants bad news ? The Gas Plant scandal should deep six any party. But the populace ,including me do not understand or comprehend what a billion dollars is . Hudak and company have to define a scandal of $49.95 of tax payers money being squandered on self serving lunches to get the electorates attention. Hudak may just be a fine person but he does not have the chutzpah to engage voters. How I wish I was wrong!

But hasn't the "Wynn"-er made up for this with wind turbines?