John Tory Throws His Hat Into The Toronto Ring

Big Guy

John Tory has decided to challenge for the leadership of Toronto. Will this split the right vote weakening Ford? Will this fragment the total vote allowing the Ford Nation solid 25% to win the election? Will this cause the center left Olivia Chow vote to go to Tory? Who will be left in the running on election day? Who will get the "anybody but Ford" vote?

Edited by Big Guy

Hopefully Tory goes for the jugular in debates with the Mayor reminding all of the stupidity and lack of any results from the incumbetn Mayor, n ot to mention....

-Fords lack of class

-Fords penchant for druggies and thugs (not to mention his father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. )

-his stupidity on the transit

Should be lots he can hammer Ford on to get the votes.

One thing I cant wrap my head around, the idiocy of many who think Ford has done something and want to vote for him. Some people truly are stupid-democracy rules tho!

Hopefully Tory goes for the jugular in debates with the Mayor reminding all of the stupidity and lack of any results from the incumbetn Mayor, n ot to mention....

-Fords lack of class

-Fords penchant for druggies and thugs (not to mention his father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. )

-his stupidity on the transit

Should be lots he can hammer Ford on to get the votes.

One thing I cant wrap my head around, the idiocy of many who think Ford has done something and want to vote for him. Some people truly are stupid-democracy rules tho!

Sorry ? What was that third point again ? Tag your sarcasm, or provide cites.

Sorry ? What was that third point again ? Tag your sarcasm, or provide cites.

Transit, he doesnt know what the city needs and is ignorant of what various options would mean going forward.

The Mayor had no idea a light rail transit , which he is against due to road closures etc, would have meant no road closures and served many more people.

He says he is gonna take the high road and I think that's smart and refreshing.

I hope the road he takes isn't too high. The people who realise what Ford is and want him gone have already made up their minds. It's those people--a depressingly large number of them--who still think Ford's just some good guy, average Joe who slipped up once or twice but is genuinely regretful, it's they that need reminded again and again of just how unsuitable Ford is to be mayor and why, including what he does in his personal life that affects the mayoral office. I don't believe it'd be too low-brow to use all that against Ford in a campaign; it'd just depend on how it's delivered, I guess.

I hope the road he takes isn't too high. The people who realise what Ford is and want him gone have already made up their minds. It's those people--a depressingly large number of them--who still think Ford's just some good guy, average Joe who slipped up once or twice but is genuinely regretful, it's they that need reminded again and again of just how unsuitable Ford is to be mayor and why, including what he does in his personal life that affects the mayoral office. I don't believe it'd be too low-brow to use all that against Ford in a campaign; it'd just depend on how it's delivered, I guess.

Anyone dumb enough to think that is probably too dumb to see sense.

Anyone dumb enough to think that is probably too dumb to see sense.

Well, I thought (was hoping?) they were the ones who knew everything about Ford but still support him; the ones who say his amazing fiscal record outweighs all the crack and public intoxication and associations with drug dealers and orchestrating extortion and juvenile thinking and tantrums and lies and, well, you know.

Yep, I don't get it either. I don't live anywhere near TO but an impression I get from the news media is that he garners a lot of support by taking calls and then going out in person to peoples places to deal with their potholes. Obviously this sort of "common man" approach has worked for him in some circles. However I am forced to wonder what those same folks would think if, let's say they were on an airline flight across the country or across the ocean, and here comes the captain pushing the drink trolley along, ya' know, just to be nice. Maybe in both cases there are more important things for the people in charge to be taking care of.