Iraq and it's Al-Queda problem

GostHacked

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/11/world/meast/iraq-predictions-revisited/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Love that headline on the front page 'Who saw this coming?'

(CNN) -- What's happening now in Iraq is dramatic, significant, quite possibly historic. But, to some, it is not surprising.

Militants believed to be from the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, also known as ISIS, overmatched government forces and now control a vast swath of its territory. Hundreds of thousands have fled, becoming refugees overnight. Sectarian violence plagues some areas not under ISIS control.

And amid all this, some believe the Baghdad-based central government won't be able to do much about it.

Some of these developments, like the fall of Mosul, have been swift and sudden. Others, such as the tensions between Shiite and Sunni Muslims, date back for decades, if not centuries.

But all this trouble didn't come out of nowhere. For years, experts have predicted that various factors -- some rooted in history, some of them related to recent big decisions, some functions of what's happening in the region -- could foster instability and violence in Iraq.

This situation was easily predictable and most likely this is by design.

So why isn't Canada sending in "peacekeepers" ?

Dog, ya gotta love that one!

I'm willing to bet right now that the US 'will' have to send in something. And it will have to be on the pretence that it's the continuing "fight against terrorism".

In fact, what's happening is: GO HOME AMERICANS, YOU LOST THE WAR!

According to the latest reports I have seen on the TV, this "insurgent" group ISIS is too radical even for Al Qaeda who have already tossed them out of the inner circle. Maybe the Iraq army (with the military support of the USA) will win out and then take power. Then one of the generals can usurp that power and put members of his tribe into strategic positions. Then he could use the USA supplied military weapons to develop WMD's to protect his nation. Then the USA would reject the military dictatorship and send in troops to ....

Wait ! I think I just had a flashback!!??!!

some folks can't admit that it was the troops that brought al quaeda and sectarian violence into iraq.

Sectarian violence was inevitable upon Hussein's fall from power, just the same as it was in Yugoslavia when Tito was in power. Iraq is not a natural country, but, like Yugoslavia, was held together by a ruthless dictator. I don't see much hope for its future as its borders are presently constituted.

I was listening to a program last night, and the topic was Africa, and how the violence there is about,..guess what... OIL. The US, Al Queda, the leaders of the African countries that have the oil, the word is, it's getting nasty fight to get the oil, so Africa will be the lead country for wars in 2014.

The problems in Africa are, to some degree, the same as those in Iraq. You have a bunch of unnatural countries, the borders drawn by outsiders without regard to ethnicity, religion, race or tribal affiliation, and with no history or culture of democracy or democratic values trying to somehow coexist.

Latest news, the Iraqi defence forces are packing up and leaving. The US propaganda says that they are afrid of getting killed by the freedom fighters but we don't have to buy that. They're most likely siding with the forces who are intent in taking their country back from the occupiers.

And all those hundreds of thousands of people fleeing are just paid to pretend to be fleeing by the evil running dog yankee imperialists! :rolleyes:

Edited by Argus

Sectarian violence was inevitable upon Hussein's fall from power, just the same as it was in Yugoslavia when Tito was in power. Iraq is not a natural country, but, like Yugoslavia, was held together by a ruthless dictator. I don't see much hope for its future as its borders are presently constituted.

Your only problem is that you sound like a broken record. ruthless dictator..ruthless dictator....ruthless dictator...

Completely propagandized into the Saddam hate that you people need to justify the slaughter of hundreds of thousands of innocent people on false pretences. The really ugly thing about it is that Saddam would have never succeeded killing that many people in 100 lifetimes of keeping the Muslim factions under control.

Wear your badge with pride American. (hoping you're not a Canadian because that would make it really sick)

It's interesting that in eight pages of discussion Israel has come up again and again and again and again and again and yet no one has mentioned Iran.

Iran, you know, Shiite Iran, right next door to largely Shiite Iraq? In case you forgot, the crazy ass Islamist group are Sunis, and they hate Shiites. So if the US refuses to help who is Iraq going to turn to?

I can see Revolutionary Guards being sent into Iraq by the tens of thousands to smother these people, but what kind of accomodation will Iraq then have to make in exchange? And is that something the US wants to see?

Your only problem is that you sound like a broken record. ruthless dictator..ruthless dictator....ruthless dictator...

Completely propagandized into the Saddam hate that you people need to justify the slaughter of hundreds of thousands of innocent people on false pretences. The really ugly thing about it is that Saddam would have never succeeded killing that many people in 100 lifetimes of keeping the Muslim factions under control.

Wear your badge with pride American. (hoping you're not a Canadian because that would make it really sick)

The New York Times extimated Saddam had killed over a million of his people, actually. His invasion of Iran resulted in another milion dead. His invasion of Kuwait got tens of thousands more killed.

I know that doesn't matter to you since you don't have a moral conscience, but few sane people would say Iraq was better off, in perpetuity, under a dictatorship like his.

I looked for the freedoms these freedom fighters are fighting for. As far as I can tell, it's the freedom to be killed if you don't believe the same crap they do, and for women, the freedom to breath stale air for the rest of your life.

Or get stoned. And not the good stoned, either.

It's interesting that in eight pages of discussion Israel has come up again and again and again and again and again and yet no one has mentioned Iran.

Iran, you know, Shiite Iran, right next door to largely Shiite Iraq? In case you forgot, the crazy ass Islamist group are Sunis, and they hate Shiites. So if the US refuses to help who is Iraq going to turn to?

I can see Revolutionary Guards being sent into Iraq by the tens of thousands to smother these people, but what kind of accomodation will Iraq then have to make in exchange? And is that something the US wants to see?

What difference does it make now. The US has manipulated itself into a lose/lose position. Without sending 100,000 troops back into Iraq the Iraqi people will win in the end. And the new alliances will be formed between Iraq and Iran. I would suspect that a powerful Arab alliance will come out of it and it's going to have their own nuclear weapons sooner tather than later.

That's when the US and Israel are going to start behaving like good citizens on the world stage. Push comes to diplomacy rather than to shove! Best to hope that Muslims can forgive and forget.

The New York Times extimated Saddam had killed over a million of his people, actually. His invasion of Iran resulted in another milion dead. His invasion of Kuwait got tens of thousands more killed.

I know that doesn't matter to you since you don't have a moral conscience, but few sane people would say Iraq was better off, in perpetuity, under a dictatorship like his.

The New York times is just as full of it as any other US news source. If you people would search out an old encyclopedia from before the US gulf war on Iraq you would learn just how modern and prosperous Iraq really was under Saddam Hussein. Unfortunately your propagandists have probably burned them all. And unfortunately fully propagandized lemmings are totally immune from hearing and accepting the truth.

Reasonable people would just admit that their country has been had on it's Iraq war deception.

For many years Iraq and Iran were warring countries that kept each other at bay and maintained a mutual death grip. Every once in a while a "war" would erupt between them and hundreds of thousands of people would die. Iraq and Iran kept each other in check.

The USA decision to get involved broke that stalemate. We are all now paying the price as are those in the ME.

Does anyone really believe that part of the world is now in a better state than it was before the USA invaded?