Paranormal Activity 2

bleeding heart

During my third cup of coffee in a masochistic attempt to stay awake, a question occurred to me: why make a ghost story, placed squarely and intentionally in the "horror" genre, and then try to ensure that no one finds ghosts scary?

There might be some postmodern mischievousness at play here, but that seems a real stretch. The evidence leans towards "incompetence," your Honour.

Edited by bleeding heart

Had not seen the second one yet, but the first bothered me.

The husband was a dick all the way through, even after seeing the evidence. And the foreshadowing part with the bit on the computer was a dead give away. Without those two elements, that movie would have really been a good spine chiller.

I thought both characters were quite unlikeable, but I had no problem with this...it was almost refreshing.

My single problem is that I didn't find it scary. And I mean, not even "Scream" scary, or "Final Destination" Scary. And those have a postmodern sensibility, and are scarcely even designed to be scary in the conventional "horror" sense.

I did think the last ten minutes pretty decent, I'll give it that.

OK, I get that.

But like I said, I'm crazy about horror movies. And I'm not a snob about it...it's hard to be a snob about horror movies if you love them, because you can forgive a certain amount of dreck. (Hell, I even like a couple of the Friday the 13th movies.)

But I don't find PA tense in any way.

But...like I also said, I will continue to grudgingly admit that it's not the movie, but me.

(I hate Forrest Gump, too. :) )

Edited by bleeding heart