Why I am a conservative (Part Two of Two)

August1991

Personally, I think it would be great if the Tea Partyists went off and formed their own party. Then the Republicans could return to being a functional political party.

-k

I'd like it if GOP'ers, Tea Partyers, and their voters/supports would go form their own country. I'd imagine within 5 years they'd all end up killing each other via assault rifles and whatever horrific health care system they'd set up for themselves. :lol:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest American Woman

Personally, I think it would be great if the Tea Partyists went off and formed their own party. Then the Republicans could return to being a functional political party.

"The Republican Party would be really smart to absorb as much of the Tea Party movement as possible."

Sarah Palin

So I take it things didn't go quite as you expected? (emphasis mine)

I am thankful that Palin has had the impact that she has had. Win or lose. A woman who isn't some academic in a lime-green pantsuit. Hilary might be a great politician and a very qualified leader... but does anybody actually relate to her? Other career-women with closets full of oddly-colored pantsuits, perhaps. In Palin, you have somebody that people can relate to as being a lot like the women they know. I think in the long term it will change politics for the better.

:lol: yes, my opinion of Sarah Palin has certainly changed in the 5 years since I wrote that. :lol:

-k

I thought Belinda Stronach was a breath of fresh air and could be a great boon to the Conservatives.

Right up until I watched her at her first press conference....

Guest American Woman

A wise person changes their mind, a fool never does and I know that you aren't a fool, Kimmy.

Fools most definitely do change their minds too. :)

I thought Belinda Stronach was a breath of fresh air and could be a great boon to the Conservatives.

Right up until I watched her at her first press conference....

I have to wonder how one comes to such a conclusion before she's even had one press conference.

If I can speak ill of the dead....I really liked Jack Layton, until it occurred to me that he was a horse's ass......

I think liking someone as a person and liking someone as a potus/party leader are two different things. In that regard, I definitely did not like Bill Clinton as a person - I thought he came across as pompous - but I approved of the job he was doing as POTUS, so he got my vote second time around.

But liking someone as a person while hating their political views - while at the same time believing they'll change politics for the better - I have to again wonder how one comes to such a conclusion.

So did you like Layton as a person or politician or both? And did you come to dislike him as a person or a politician or both? Just curious. My views of Bill Clinton have changed for the better. I think he grew as a person after his presidency.

Edited by American Woman

So did you like Layton as a person or politician or both? And did you come to dislike him as a person or a politician or both? Just curious. My views of Bill Clinton have changed for the better. I think he grew as a person after his presidency.

I think Bill Clinton is a really phoney person in front of a camera/mic (the only place we see him). He's all chuckles and comes off as this super nice guy, but I can see right through him. He's a great actor, and thus a great politician. The Lewinski scandal helped reveal (to me and I'm sure many others) that Bill isn't all as he seems on the surface. That said, ya he's done some good stuff since being POTUS. But I'll bet him and his wife can be really ruthless people behind closed doors. Hillary just isn't as good at hiding it in her public persona.

Jack Layton was also horribly phoney in front of the camera, but he was a much worse actor than Clinton, and thus a worse politician. Obama and JFK are/were also good actors. Reagan too, but he had professional training. The worst actor ever is probably Al Gore, and it probably cost him a win in 2000.