Ontario PC's -- 2013

The PC convention is coming up and some in the party think they should talk about maybe a new leader. Hudak, of course, says no way. I say, leave him in and that will help out the other two parties, mostly the NDP, take the election! http://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2013/08/14/tory_mpps_scrap_over_letting_party_members_debate_hudak_leadership.html

He will be staying. It is just 2 people klees and hillier that are causing trouble, they lost out on the leadership and loist and they can't get over it. Not enough time for a leadership review. Hillier is just a redneck farmer with a big mouth.

Yeah the revolt is being squashed. The Sun has been trying to frame a leadership review at this point as dangerous.

The Tories and NDP are working together to put forward another contempt motion.

There's evidence that Liberals tried to pressure the speaker into making a certain decision on the last contempt motion. A big no no.

I could see Wynne pulling a Dalton and claiming the House is untenable and calling an election.

Chances are pretty close to zero they win a majority so if the PCs choke again then do a leadership review.

What do people want for a leader , charisma? I am sick of that ,voting for the cool people get us nowhere.Call a election and the PC's will win and to say they won't vote for him, tells me they are libs or the NDP. How can people vote for either one. Oh I don't like hudak I going to vote for the most corrupted incompetant party ever. People can be so stupid.

What do people want for a leader , charisma? I am sick of that ,voting for the cool people get us nowhere.Call a election and the PC's will win and to say they won't vote for him, tells me they are libs or the NDP. How can people vote for either one. Oh I don't like hudak I going to vote for the most corrupted incompetant party ever. People can be so stupid.

Yeah if you were inclined to vote PC and won't because of Hudak, then you're lying. You're happy being led by a completely corrupt party that has no respect for taxpayer money. None!

I believe that Tim Hudak is damaged material. The opposition has successfully painted him as a Mike Harris clone but unlike Mike, a political loser. Ontario is in a strange political mood. I do not think an NDP or Liberal or Conservative majority government is possible in the next election with the current leadership. The Liberals have had their chance and longitudinal political data indicates that the Conservatives will once again start to gain ground. The sooner they get rid of Tim (or he steps down) then the sooner they choose a moderate and the sooner they get a majority. If there was a leadership change and election and John Tory came back to run then he would win the leadership, the next election and a majority.

• 3 weeks later...

I wasn't a Hudak hater for awhile.

But this whole Peter Shurman thing is making me think he's a giant douche.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/canada-politics/ontario-tories-begin-session-legislature-peter-shurman-housing-160835110.html

It was discovered that the Member from Thornhill was claiming a Housing Allowance because his primary residence is in Niagara. The rules say he can do that if he lives 50+ kms from Queen's Park.

Shurman claims he ran it by everyone including Hudak first to see if making that claim was cool. The problem is that the riding he represents is close to Toronto. He's not the only MPP or MP that doesn't live in the riding he represents. But the optics seemed bad in the wake of Duffygate.

Now Shurman was a bit of an idiot by claiming he ONLY makes $112,000 but still.

Hudak kicked him out of the Shadow Cabinet for not paying back what he was entitled too claim. I heard on the radio this morning that Shurman wanted to run in Niagara but Hudak told him to run in Thornhill.

This story makes Hudak look really bad.

Edited by Boges