Days of Riots in Stockholm

Guest American Woman

Instead of babbling, read the research done showing how your hyper-Islamophobia is creating a negative environment and is escalating violence.

Instead of accusing me of babbling, look at how utterly and completely ludicrous your claim that I am hyper-Islamophobic because I acknowledge the fear that some would have entering a neighborhood where a "Muslim Patrol" intimidates, threatens, and commits violence towards those who do not confirm to their beliefs is. Ridiculous at best.

Again. The more you post, the more your complete and utter bias is exposed.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of accusing me of babbling, look at how utterly and completely ludicrous your claim that I am hyper-Islamophobic because I acknowledge the fear that some would have entering a neighborhood where a "Muslim Patrol" intimidates, threatens, and commits violence towards those who do not confirm to their beliefs is. Ridiculous at best.

Again. The more you post, the more your complete and utter bias is exposed.

You have a chance to learn a few things on here. It's your choice as to what you want to do with this information:

Media and politicians 'fuel rise in hate crimes against Muslims' - Report blames 'Islamophobic, negative and unwarranted portrayals of Muslim London' for increase in attacks in the capital

Link

Here is a thorough research done by Dr. Jonathan Githens-Mazer and Dr. Robert Lambert MBE which clearly outline and show the rapid increase of anti-Muslim violence.

Link

Guest American Woman

You have a chance to learn a few things on here. It's your choice as to what you want to do with this information:

I have a chance to point out your complete and utter bias, as you make post after post slamming Israel, and to a lesser degree the U.S./western world, while you downplay anything an everything Muslims do - and it's my choice to do so.

I have a chance to point out your complete and utter bias, as you make post after post slamming Israel, and to a lesser degree the U.S./western world, while you downplay anything an everything Muslims do - and it's my choice to do so.

About the Islamophobia report:

A rise in the number of hate crimes against Muslims in London is being encouraged by mainstream politicians and sections of the media, a study written by a former Scotland Yard counter-terrorism officer, published yesterday, says.

Attacks ranging from death threats and murder to persistent low-level assaults, such as spitting and name-calling, are in part whipped up by extremists and sections of mainstream society, the study says.

The document – from the University of Exeter's European Muslim research centre – was written by Dr Jonathan Githens-Mazer and former special branch detective Dr Robert Lambert.

"The report provides prima facie and empirical evidence to demonstrate that assailants of Muslims are invariably motivated by a negative view of Muslims they have acquired from either mainstream or extremist nationalist reports or commentaries in the media," it says.

Link

Edited by Hudson Jones

Guest American Woman

American Woman: Is it too intrusive to ask where exactly from the USA are you from?

Not at all, and I will tell you, but first I'd like to know why you ask.

Guest American Woman

About the Islamophobia report:

And you do it yet again. Can't you see that people aren't interested in your one-sided 'discussions?' Perhaps there's a reason why Islamaphobia is growing - perhaps it's because the extremist factor is growing. Perhaps it's because some don't compare verbal assaults, threats, and violence with a fear of spiders. :rolleyes:

It's because of change. Some people cannot handle change. The usual don't have a monopoly on crime any more, so suddenly, one act by the new people goes under the magnifying glass.

Take one look at the report and it will show that Islamophobia is based on irrational way of thinking. It has no basis on facts.

Guest American Woman

Take one look at the report and it will show that Islamophobia is based on irrational way of thinking. It has no basis on facts.

Riiiight. Just like violence and being taunted and verbally abused by the Muslim Patrol, for example, is no basis for fear. No different from a fear of spiders. <_<

Your biased one-sidedness is still all you seem able to see/present/'discuss.'

Edited by American Woman

"The report provides prima facie and empirical evidence to demonstrate that assailants of Muslims are invariably motivated by a negative view of Muslims they have acquired from either mainstream or extremist nationalist reports or commentaries in the media," it says.

So in other words, if the 'mainstream media' covers something like the Boston Bombings, or the murder of that British soldier, and someone sees that, gets angry, and spits on a Muslim, that means mainstream media is whipping up Islamophobia? What would be your solution? Stop reporting Muslim terrorist incidents?

Edited by Argus

"They are possibly..." Thanks for bringing in your assumptions. No one is arguing what they did is okay. What the facts say is that it's not a regular occurrence and the Muslim community have distanced themselves from this one group. All these irrational fears and you trying to justify them will only fan the flames of Islamophobia. You want to take up a real cause? Why not look at the violence and abuse on Muslims in England.

There are issues with this 'distancing themselves' business. For one, numerous Muslim community representatives have, in the past, been caught saying one thing in English to the media, then saying something entirely different in Arabic in their mosques and communities.

For another, the reason Islamism can flourish that the principal goals of the Islamists are generally not that far off the ideals for Muslims in general. So while Muslims might disagree with the violent methods of these people, they find it difficult to criticize their ideals and goals. The majority of Muslims in pretty near every poll or survey I've ever seen want an Islamic state - everywhere.

Riiiight. Just like violence and being taunted and verbally abused by the Muslim Patrol, for example, is no basis for fear. No different from a fear of spiders. <_<

Your biased one-sidedness is still all you seem able to see/present/'discuss.'

Since the people who were in the video were arrested and it's not a regular occurrence and the Muslim community doesn't support it, then yes, fearing to go into those neighbourhoods is irrational. There are many more violent neighbourhoods in London, which happen to not be Muslim neighbourhoods. But they don't get the same attention because of the sensationalism by certain media and people like you.

There are issues with this 'distancing themselves' business. For one, numerous Muslim community representatives have, in the past, been caught saying one thing in English to the media, then saying something entirely different in Arabic in their mosques and communities.

Can you show examples of this? Not all Muslims speak Arabic. The Pakistani Muslim community in England is one of the largest Muslim communities and they speak English and Urdu. It's most likely that you believe it in your head, but it looks like this is another one of your comments which has no basis in facts or has been grossly exaggerated.

For another, the reason Islamism can flourish that the principal goals of the Islamists are generally not that far off the ideals for Muslims in general. So while Muslims might disagree with the violent methods of these people, they find it difficult to criticize their ideals and goals. The majority of Muslims in pretty near every poll or survey I've ever seen want an Islamic state - everywhere.

Another one. Show some of these polls showing that majority of Muslims want an Islamic State everywhere.

Guest American Woman

Since the people who were in the video were arrested and it's not a regular occurrence and the Muslim community doesn't support it, then yes, fearing to go into those neighbourhoods is irrational. There are many more violent neighbourhoods in London, which happen to not be Muslim neighbourhoods. But they don't get the same attention because of the sensationalism by certain media and people like you.

Oh my! I responded to a post about some people's fear of going into certain neighborhoods in London for justifiable reasons - because that's the subject/topic of of this thread/the post that I was responding to - and because I didn't get into every other crime/neighborhood in London, I'm sensationalizing it?

:rolleyes: a thousand times over.

Again. You show your complete bias and inability to address anything that doesn't suit your agenda.

The people in the video were arrested, which doesn't mean there aren't others still carrying it out; that there aren't still others of the same mindset. Furthermore, some people in some of the videos were not identifiable. The fact that there were 5 arrests does not mean that this is over - and I cited sources to support that very possibility.

But do keep glossing over it to push your agenda. Unfortunately, in the process, you are doing your cause more harm than good.

So in other words, if the 'mainstream media' covers something like the Boston Bombings, or the murder of that British soldier, and someone sees that, gets angry, and spits on a Muslim, that means mainstream media is whipping up Islamophobia? What would be your solution? Stop reporting Muslim terrorist incidents?

Well they're angry with the world. And based on the views expressed in this thread (link) those activities are not wrong, because the people involved, being so angry, could bear no criminal responsibility. </sarcasm>

Oh my! I responded to a post about some people's fear of going into certain neighborhoods in London for justifiable reasons - because that's the subject/topic of of this thread/the post that I was responding to - and because I didn't get into every other crime/neighborhood in London, I'm sensationalizing it?

:rolleyes: a thousand times over.

Again. You show your complete bias and inability to address anything that doesn't suit your agenda.

The people in the video were arrested, which doesn't mean there aren't others still carrying it out; that there aren't still others of the same mindset. Furthermore, some people in some of the videos were not identifiable. The fact that there were 5 arrests does not mean that this is over - and I cited sources to support that very possibility.

But do keep glossing over it to push your agenda. Unfortunately, in the process, you are doing your cause more harm than good.

I understand your reason for not responding to the report done by Dr. Jonathan Githens-Mazer and Dr. Robert Lambert. It's because it shows exactly what is wrong with your approach to the debate of Muslim violence and crime in England and the Islamophobic attitude that you continuously display.

Media and politicians 'fuel rise in hate crimes against Muslims' - Report blames 'Islamophobic, negative and unwarranted portrayals of Muslim London' for increase in attacks in the capital

Link

Here is a thorough research done by Dr. Jonathan Githens-Mazer and Dr. Robert Lambert MBE which clearly outline and show the rapid increase of anti-Muslim violence.

Link

Guest American Woman

I understand your reason for not responding to the report done by Dr. Jonathan Githens-Mazer and Dr. Robert Lambert.

Good. Then perhaps you'll be so kind as to get back on topic. :)

Can you show examples of this? Not all Muslims speak Arabic. The Pakistani Muslim community in England is one of the largest Muslim communities and they speak English and Urdu. It's most likely that you believe it in your head, but it looks like this is another one of your comments which has no basis in facts or has been grossly exaggerated.

It seems trying to google muslim extremism and mosques produces an information overload which is too time consuming to screen through for what I want. I will stand by it, though. I've seen it a number of times. Mullahs or Immans seem to be 'moderate' until someone records their sermons and translates them ,or they go 'home' and say something which gets translated and reported.

Another one. Show some of these polls showing that majority of Muslims want an Islamic State everywhere.

World Public Opinion: 81% of Egyptians want strict Sharia imposed in every Islamic country

76% of Pakistanis want strict Sharia imposed in every Islamic country

49% (plurality) of Indonesians want strict Sharia imposed in every Islamic country

76% of Moroccans want strict Sharia imposed in every Islamic country

Pew Research (2013): 72% of Indonesians want Sharia to be law of the land

Pew Research (2013): 81% of South Asian Muslims and 57% of Egyptians suport amputating limbs for theft.

http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/pdf/feb09/STARTII_Feb09_rpt.pdf

MacDonald Laurier Institute: 62% of Muslims want Sharia in Canada

http://www.macdonaldlaurier.ca/much-good-news-and-some-worrying-results-in-new-study-of-muslim-public-opinion-in-canada/

Edited by Argus

It seems trying to google muslim extremism and mosques produces an information overload which is too time consuming to screen through for what I want. I will stand by it, though. I've seen it a number of times. Mullahs or Immans seem to be 'moderate' until someone records their sermons and translates them ,or they go 'home' and say something which gets translated and reported.

You can't find these polls. I see. Can't just take your word for it.

World Public Opinion: 81% of Egyptians want strict Sharia imposed in every Islamic country

76% of Pakistanis want strict Sharia imposed in every Islamic country

49% (plurality) of Indonesians want strict Sharia imposed in every Islamic country

76% of Moroccans want strict Sharia imposed in every Islamic country

Pew Research (2013): 72% of Indonesians want Sharia to be law of the land

Pew Research (2013): 81% of South Asian Muslims and 57% of Egyptians suport amputating limbs for theft.

http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/pdf/feb09/STARTII_Feb09_rpt.pdf

Those are all polls for what people in Islamic countries and what they want for Islamic countries. It doesn't prove your point.

MacDonald Laurier Institute: 62% of Muslims want Sharia in Canada

http://www.macdonaldlaurier.ca/much-good-news-and-some-worrying-results-in-new-study-of-muslim-public-opinion-in-canada/

I couldn't find anything in that article that says 62% of Muslims want Sharia in Canada. You might want to clear that up.

Good. Then perhaps you'll be so kind as to get back on topic. :)

It's because it shows exactly what is wrong with your approach to the debate of Muslim violence and crime in England and the Islamophobic attitude that you continuously display.

Link

Link