Dr. Kermit Gosnell

Guest Derek L

My pessimism for people is mostly reserved for those who are powerful and wealthy otherwise I'm of the same opinion as you for most ordinary people.

Do you think they achieve power and wealth by being the sort of people for whom you have pessimistic views, or do you think they become the sort of people you view pessimistically due to the fact that they have achieved power and wealth?

The latter, when the wealthy's achievements are due to the assistance of the powerful or vice versa.

I have no doubt there are good and decent wealthy and powerful people out there but they do seem to be in rather short supply.

I have heard this thing: TALK = ACTION, or alternately TALK - ACTION = ZERO.

In the last exchange we had about your situation, I laid out some steps you can take to seek redress for the perceived imbalance of your work situation. I'm not saying your assessment is right or wrong, only that you could take some steps to take your complaints to a wider public.

Or you could post on MLW about it.

My pessimism for people is mostly reserved for those who are powerful and wealthy otherwise I'm of the same opinion as you for most ordinary people.

Yes, many people believe the powerful and wealthy will always do the wrong thing. They think they have no right to their power and wealth. Politicians keep wanting to tax them at a greater rate than others. The poor are always soliciting them for money. Friends and relatives are constantly sponging off them. They are more susceptible to burglary and thievery. People always expect more from them than what they get. They have to be careful about kidnappings. They are often overcharged for the products and services they buy simply because people feel they can afford it. They can be demanding and often complain about what they get for their money in terms of quality.

Yes your view of the powerful and wealthy is quite common. But maybe because of the above it is a mutual thing and really has no basis than they have wealth and power and many people want their wealth and power.

Of course, your complaint against them has validity and there is factual evidence for your reason to be pessimistic. Only other people are envious and covetous of their wealth and power but there are many of them and unfortunately, your legitimate complaint gets lumped in with them.