White House Caught Threatening Reporter

Other reporters have come forward with similar threats from the White House. It seems to be a bit of a pattern.

since Woodward states he, in fact, didn't feel threatened... that he wasn't threatened, your described pattern is 'one less'. Those "other reporters" you speak of, do you have names/circumstances that speak to your described, 'bit of a pattern'?

since Woodward states he, in fact, didn't feel threatened... that he wasn't threatened, your described pattern is 'one less'. Those "other reporters" you speak of, do you have names/circumstances that speak to your described, 'bit of a pattern'?

Ron Fournier, Lany Davis, Dana Millbank to name a few.

As editor-in-chief of National Journal, I received several e-mails and telephone calls from this White House official filled with vulgarity, abusive language, and virtually the same phrase that Politico characterized as a veiled threat. “You will regret staking out that claim,” The Washington Post reporter was told.

Once I moved back to daily reporting this year, the badgering intensified. I wrote Saturday night, asking the official to stop e-mailing me. The official wrote, challenging Woodward and my tweet. “Get off your high horse and assess the facts, Ron,” the official wrote.

I wrote back:

“I asked you to stop e-mailing me. All future e-mails from you will be on the record -- publishable at my discretion and directly attributed to you. My cell-phone number is … . If you should decide you have anything constructive to share, you can try to reach me by phone. All of our conversations will also be on the record, publishable at my discretion and directly attributed to you.”

http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/why-bob-woodward-s-fight-with-the-white-house-matters-to-you-20130228

So no quotes. Simple and easy answer from a news organization who says they have been threatened but refuse to print the threats is THEY ARE LYING! When Woodward printed his emails even Redstate retracted their "threat" story and said Woodward played them.

GET OUT OF THE BUBBLE!!!

Ron Fournier, Lany Davis, Dana Millbank to name a few.

names... and circumstances - clearly, you're a name dropper, but not a circumstances dropper. Is there a problem?

this whole thread is typical trivial BS... if it wasn't the prolific Woodward, who would give a ratspatooey? You really should spend a few cycles and find out just what Woodward has subsequently stated... after he, himself, became the media focus. As was stated earlier in this thread Woodward has categorically stated he wasn't threatened and never felt threatened... Politico and Woodward's own WAPO editor played up the "threat headline", supposedly (as Woodward states), without his knowledge. Imagine, the venerable WAPO, playing with headlines for impact/viewership! Go figure.

names... and circumstances - clearly, you're a name dropper, but not a circumstances dropper. Is there a problem?

this whole thread is typical trivial BS... if it wasn't the prolific Woodward, who would give a ratspatooey? You really should spend a few cycles and find out just what Woodward has subsequently stated... after he, himself, became the media focus. As was stated earlier in this thread Woodward has categorically stated he wasn't threatened and never felt threatened... Politico and Woodward's own WAPO editor played up the "threat headline", supposedly (as Woodward states), without his knowledge. Imagine, the venerable WAPO, playing with headlines for impact/viewership! Go figure.

Complete nonsense. I linked to what one journalist went through. I can only imagine if it was Harper or Ford sending the messages.

Complete nonsense. I linked to what one journalist went through. I can only imagine if it was Harper or Ford sending the messages.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Shady.

http://www.thespec.com/news/article/717931--daniel-dale-the-toronto-star-reporter-who-became-the-story

You might remember the incident Ford threated to beat up a reporter. So no Shady you are inside the bubble and don't actually know what happens in the real the rest of us actually live in. GET OUT OF THE BUBBLE!!!

Geez. One day the Obama administration and the media are in bed together, the next day they have a toxic, combative relationship. I wish we could keep our talking points straight. It makes it very hard to debate.

Just say what the bubble tells you to say and don't look for any other sources other then Hanity and Redstate. Don't you know.

BTW Redstate retracted their threat story once the emails were released so also ignore anything in the bubble that reflects the real world.

Those are the rules some right wing posters live by.

Geez. One day the Obama administration and the media are in bed together, the next day they have a toxic, combative relationship. I wish we could keep our talking points straight. It makes it very hard to debate.

All this flip flopping going is making my head hurt.

Yes, just more ad hominem attacks.

This is sad. You don't even try anymore Shady. You don't care about facts or a real argument. You repeat stuff, you never respond when challenged its like you know you are wrong but you don't care because.......well??.....Because.....OBAMA?!?!? That right there is your standard answer because Obama.

This is sad. You don't even try anymore Shady. You don't care about facts or a real argument. You repeat stuff, you never respond when challenged its like you know you are wrong but you don't care because.......well??.....Because.....OBAMA?!?!? That right there is your standard answer because Obama.

Nope, what's sad is turning every thread into ad hominem attacks on me instead of addressing the issue the thread is about. Stop it, or I will contact the moderators

Nope, what's sad is turning every thread into ad hominem attacks on me instead of addressing the issue the thread is about. Stop it, or I will contact the moderators

It's bad enough at times that Punked has to put up with my moments of stupidity. Punked DOES address it, but when a poster is all over the board it's hard to pin point how many times a flip or a flop has happened.

Got more flops than a supercomputer.

Yah Yah whatever you say Shady. It isn't an attack on you, however it does speak volumes about your arguments. Is the media in Obama's pocket or not Shady? What threats were there please quote them? I'll be waiting for some real evidence instead of the nothing that has been provided here.

It's bad enough at times that Punked has to put up with my moments of stupidity. Punked DOES address it, but when a poster is all over the board it's hard to pin point how many times a flip or a flop has happened.

Got more flops than a supercomputer.

Its crazy. I am happy to disagree with posters and debate facts and how they should be applied to a situation. There are plenty of times I wind up with egg on my face as stories clear themselves up and my (and your) bias make us read into things we shouldn't. However we admit those times lose the argument and move on. It is crazy that there are some people who even when the evidence is shown just pretend reality does not exist. When those facts are reported and the full story comes up stick to their version of events and just ignore what is happening.............because? Well because Obama.

To be fair to Shady it isn't really his fault when his facts are wrong or as a story clears up that he is wrong about it because.....well because Obama.

The right wing bubble has gotten beyond ridiculous.

Its crazy. I am happy to disagree with posters and debate facts and how they should be applied to a situation. There are plenty of times I wind up with egg on my face as stories clear themselves up and my (and your) bias make us read into things we shouldn't. However we admit those times lose the argument and move on. It is crazy that there are some people who even when the evidence is shown just pretend reality does not exist. When those facts are reported and the full story comes up stick to their version of events and just ignore what is happening.............because? Well because Obama.

To be fair to Shady it isn't really his fault when his facts are wrong or as a story clears up that he is wrong about it because.....well because Obama.

The right wing bubble has gotten beyond ridiculous.

I think it's a problem when people still think in terms of left and right on the political spectrum, to me in the end they are the same. Each administration for the past few decades has contributed to the shape the country is in now. It seems to just progressively getting worse with each new president.

Whoever is in next, regardless of a left/dem right/public, will drag the USA down even farther.

Bush spend money on major wars and cut taxes. Obama continues the wars and expands on them, and based on deregulation two admins before, under Clinton it set the stage for the housing/financial bubble.

Whoever is next gets to inherit the mess Obama piled on Bush's mess who piled it on Clinton's mess,to Bush Sr... and on and on.

It's bad enough at times that Punked has to put up with my moments of stupidity. Punked DOES address it, but when a poster is all over the board it's hard to pin point how many times a flip or a flop has happened.Got more flops than a supercomputer.

Why address the issue of the thread when you can just post as hominem attacks right? As if I have anything to do with whether the Obama administration is threatening journalists.

Why address the issue of the thread when you can just post as hominem attacks right? As if I have anything to do with whether the Obama administration is threatening journalists.

You and I and practically everyone on the board aside from a small number of posters on this board engage in ad-hominem attacks. Mind you there are select few that are worse than either of us.

That might be part of my other overall beef of the lack of reading and listening comprehension. Many times I had to go back and reread a post because I misunderstood the post. Once I chucked my emotions to the side, and reading the post again, it had nothing to do with what I thought.

IN the end it's best to shove your emotions (lol) somewhere and read what is written.

In the end Obama does not need to threaten anyone as they have the wonderful thing call the 'White House Press Whores'. Or as Celente calls them 'presstitutes'. These 'reporters' don't lob the hard questions anymore. They do what they can to make the president look good. So you have a quite cozy relationship between the white house and the press. Under Obama this has just gotten more cozier.

If a reporter steps out of line, they get marginalized in some fashion.

Edited by GostHacked