Using more than one handle on MLW

WWWTT

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That there are people that share a computer (and IP address) that might attempt to have two accounts.

Yes, and after reading the Forum Rules and Guidelines again, I can find no direct prohibition for multiple accounts. I know this has been directed by the mods, but where is it promulgated ?

He actually was making a point…………..And I’ll add, what if ones spouse or someone else in the household wanted to start an account?

Yes, but that point doesn't need a disgusting picture, or mocking of either conjoined twins or people with multiple personality disorder.

Edited by jbg

He actually was making a point…………..And I’ll add, what if ones spouse or someone else in the household wanted to start an account?

I was banned from another site for this very reason. My son and I both had accounts on the site, a mod saw the IP was the same, instant permanent ban. No amount of explanation would change their minds.

Guest American Woman

Yes, but that point doesn't need a disgusting picture, or mocking of either conjoined twins or people with multiple personality disorder.

What's disgusting about it? Seriously. They are beautiful girls with beautiful attitudes and personalities. From all I've seen, they live life to the fullest.

Guest Derek L

A point? About multiple personality disorders? If so it was an idiotic point.

I don’t see it as idiotic……..Two separate accounts from the same computer/IP address seems like a valid point.

Guest Derek L

I was banned from another site for this very reason. My son and I both had accounts on the site, a mod saw the IP was the same, instant permanent ban. No amount of explanation would change their minds.

Exactly, goes back to my point..........If said scenario happened, how would one clarify with the mods?

I don’t see it as idiotic……..Two separate accounts from the same computer/IP address seems like a valid point.

THE op wasn't talking about that.

Thus the idiocy of the post.

Having one person w 2 accts is the issue.

Mom and dad or sibs can be an issue, but that wasnt addressed.

Edited by guyser

Guest American Woman

Exactly, goes back to my point..........If said scenario happened, how would one clarify with the mods?

I'm not sure you could. How can the mods tell if there actually are different people - or the same person pretending to be different people?

And what about a suspended person using another's account to post? I see that using a proxy to post when suspended isn't allowed, but using another's account is a different way of circumventing a suspension.

Guest Derek L

Not addressed with the OP, but brought up by BC, and expounded upon by myself.........

Guest Derek L

I'm not sure you could. How can the mods tell if there actually are different people - or the same person pretending to be different people?

And what about a suspended person using another's account to post? I see that using a proxy to post when suspended isn't allowed, but using another's account is a different way of circumventing a suspension.

That’s why I asked , since I wouldn’t know how one could create such a system………..Not that my son (teenager) or wife (Too busy with Farmville) would be interested…. happy.png

Sounds like you are making a logical point that many people reading this thread can find reasonable.

What BC suggested is too far out there to be seriously debated on an anonymous forum.

WWWTT

You tell em jbg

WWWTT

Edited by WWWTT

Yes thank you guyser!

That was at the heart of this thread.

It has been made clear that one person can not post with different handles.

But points must be also be given to how MLW loopholes still allow this rule to be easily circumvented.

WWWTT

The Hensel twins are not disgusting. They are a volunteered study in human triumph over adversity. So what's the verdict: one MLW account or two ?

They would get two the same way my wife and her identical twin sister would get two accounts. All identical twins were at some point conjoined twins, if ever so slightly.

That may be why I'm prickly on the issue.

What I think after some reflection is that if other members of the same household want to join they should pre-emptively alert administrators to avoid a problem.